Who's our #1 prospect?

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Speaking of Di Giuseppe... Was he even at the development camp? I heard almost nothing about him--good or bad.

He wasn't at camp. I think it was either a wrist or hand injury. Can't remember which one but I'm 99% sure it was one of those body parts. In other twitter feeds they said he was at camp but not participating in drills.

Finally found it:

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip 16 Jul
Forward Phil Di Giuseppe of Michigan is at camp but limited because of a hand injury. Did not skate today.

Last edited:

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
While all info on these guys is certainly valid, I'm not going to let this week boost his stock THIS high so as to be in the same tier as Rask or Di Giuseppe. In fact, I'd even make the argument that Phil isn't in the same tier as Rask.

IMO it's Lindholm, Murphy, Rask, then everyone else. No one really stands out to me that deserves to be in the same group as those three.
I like Rask as a prospect but I'm not really sure where this new found hype for him is coming from. McGinn produced at a similar pace to Rask despite being a year younger and coming back from a wrist injury in the offseason. I've also heard some good reviews of McGinn's game from OHL fans, whereas I don't ever really hear of Rask outside of these forums. I wouldn't say either is better than the other, and I'd have them both in the same tier as Di Giuseppe, which is another forward prospect of ours I really like. I just don't see how Rask is above these other two guys with Lindholm and Murphy who are our only elite prospects. But like I said, I expect to see everyone having a different opinion after the top two.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I like Rask as a prospect but I'm not really sure where this new found hype for him is coming from.

Read up as much as you can on his past season with the Calgary Hitmen. Pretty impressive development. Keep in mind the WHL is the most physically demanding junior league Rask has pretty quickly grown into his body (6-2, 200).

If he doesn't make the team it will probably be because of his skating, although I don't expect that's nearly as much an issue as some say, especially since he will likely end up at wing instead of center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad