Who's our #1 prospect?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
yep, the yearly time to make these polls is back.

going by HF standards for now, but a question for poll #2, include Boychuk and Palushaj since they have yet to establish himself as full-time NHLers, or leave things by HF criteria?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Easily Lindholm IMO.

Hope the Canes find a way to sign Tolchinsky.

I think we're at 45 or 46 contracts, with only Boychuk and a UFA forward left to sign. We easily could, especially if it's 45 we're at and not 46.

Also not sure if players under contract but playing in CHL leagues count against the reserve list. If not, then it's easy for us to fit him in.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Tolchinsky's playing for the Rags in the Traverse City Tourney, so we'd still have to pry him away from there.

I'm seeing another Krug situation here...

Anyway, Lindholm all the way.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Nova would like to change my vote to something else... Not really sure what to though... I'm eagerly awaiting

Honestly dude? You wanna drop it? Maybe you'd like to wait for him to post his thoughts so you can tell him he's wrong and it will affect how seriously you take him in the future.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Things may at #2

That's what I'm thinking. Murphy has to be the favorite there, but Rask has been trending lately.

After that I see #4 as the new cutoff point from the "A" tier to the "B" tier where things really start to get cluttered.

I'll post the poll for 2nd some time tomorrow morning.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Things should get interesting once we get to #3.
It's going to become a complete crapshoot.

Rask, Di Giuseppe, McGinn are all in the same tier and I'm not sure how accurately we can rank them against each other. Plus comparing them vs. the older forward prospects and all the d-men is just going to make it even more difficult. Everyone's top 10 lists should be pretty different.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

Rask, Di Giuseppe, McGinn are all in the same tier and I'm not sure how accurately we can rank them against each other. Plus comparing them vs. the older forward prospects and all the d-men is just going to make it even more difficult. Everyone's top 10 lists should be pretty different.

Yeah I'll be starting a thread for people to post their individual top 10/15/20 prospects in after we're done with this. It's always good to see where people were coming from in their voting.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I had to go with smurphy. I always have a hard time putting the new first rounder up there just because he's the new first rounder. He'll get there I'm sure, but I think today Murphy is the best.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA

While all info on these guys is certainly valid, I'm not going to let this week boost his stock THIS high so as to be in the same tier as Rask or Di Giuseppe. In fact, I'd even make the argument that Phil isn't in the same tier as Rask.

IMO it's Lindholm, Murphy, Rask, then everyone else. No one really stands out to me that deserves to be in the same group as those three.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad