Who's getting swept? (or no sweeps at all...?)

Who gonna get broomed away

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Could see a couple series only going 5 but not sure if there are any sweeps. Most of the wildcards were playing some good hockey up into the playoffs and some of the teams that weren't (Toronto, SJ, Winnipeg) are too good of clubs to get swept.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Could see a couple series only going 5 but not sure if there are any sweeps. Most of the wildcards were playing some good hockey up into the playoffs and some of the teams that weren't (Toronto, SJ, Winnipeg) are too good of clubs to get swept.
This is my feeling. Wish none was an option

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I think Columbus may be the most likely but I really don't think anyone is getting swept

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Jets outscored blues 18-10 this year. You're on crack if you think a blues team with sub par offence will sweep the jets.
Jets outscored them 8 - 5 and 5 - 1 to get the big GAA, the other was a 5-4 W for WIN and a 1 - 0 (The most recent game) win for STL. 2 DAYS AFTER SHUTTING OUT THE JETS the blues call up Binnington, and then STILL FALL all the way to last place, then they start giving Binnington more starts, and he has been amazing.

the most recent game between these 2 teams was the ATROCIOUS and diving head first into last in the league St Louis Blues SHUTING OUT the Jets.

since then, the Blues have gotten so much better they almost win the DIVISION after being LAST PLACE ON JANUARY 3RD

this is going to be Chicago - Nashville 2017 all over again, just you watch.

Laine will fall flat
Helle will REGRESS
Binnington .940sv% or higher

Blues in 4.

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
I picked Tampa, Capitals gave the league the blueprint on how to beat them. Stay out of the box and hit them hard.... they fold like a bunch of cowards and get shutout. You’re welcome....
Well they have a much improve pk this year for starter

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
A little math for the statistically inclined.

Assuming every team has a 50% chance of winning each game, the odds that a team loses 4 games in a row is 50%^4 = 6.25%

The odds therefore that a team is not swept is 100% - 6.25% = 93.75%

There are 8 independent series in the first round, so the odds that no team is swept in all 8 of those series is 93.75%^8 = 59.67%

Therefore, the odds that at least one team is swept is 40.33%

With that in mind, I'm picking Winnipeg!

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Jets outscored them 8 - 5 and 5 - 1 to get the big GAA, the other was a 5-4 W for WIN and a 1 - 0 (The most recent game) win for STL. 2 DAYS AFTER SHUTTING OUT THE JETS the blues call up Binnington, and then STILL FALL all the way to last place, then they start giving Binnington more starts, and he has been amazing.

the most recent game between these 2 teams was the ATROCIOUS and diving head first into last in the league St Louis Blues SHUTING OUT the Jets.

since then, the Blues have gotten so much better they almost win the DIVISION after being LAST PLACE ON JANUARY 3RD

this is going to be Chicago - Nashville 2017 all over again, just you watch.

Laine will fall flat
Helle will REGRESS
Binnington .940sv% or higher

Blues in 4.

I could totally see this.

I could also totally see Binnington being a nervous rookie and regressing, and the Jets waking up from their 3 month long coma for the playoffs. In that case it could be a sweep going the other way.

Easily the hardest series to predict, IMO.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I picked Tampa, Capitals gave the league the blueprint on how to beat them. Stay out of the box and hit them hard.... they fold like a bunch of cowards and get shutout. You’re welcome....

I picked Washington, a fluke year doesn't mean you didnt choke for a decade.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
I think there could be a few potentially

Could see Tampa/Calgary/Boston performing a sweep. Calgary with the lowest chances simply because of MacKinnon’s presence.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
I don't think anyone will. I picked the Leafs for the sake of the poll, They have been really bad lately, and the Bruins are a very good team. I dislike them both equally. Are there really people out there that think the lightning will get swept?

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I put my money where my mouth is...

Columbus

But I also hedged with a wager on Tampa in 5.

Sometimes on the road, even in Ohio, we get bored. Wait a minute, everyone gets bored in Ohio....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad