OT: Who's chair is that? Not my chair, not my problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yukon Cornellis

aka Phoneguy
Mar 27, 2010
Hendersonville, TN
Left the TV tuned to NBCSN tonight after the live ASG show, and watched a pretty good documentary on Derek Sanderson. Had lots of old footage of games back in the day, including his pass to Orr and Orr's subsequent goal to win the Cup. Man, those players were scrappers back in the day! One line brawl they showed between the Rags and the Bruins was hilarious because the players were scrummed up in the corner, the linesmen were trying to get them apart, and one of the refs just leaned back against the glass and crossed his legs, waiting for it all to end...lol! Anyway, if you get a chance to watch it, it's well worth an hour of your time.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Party downtown today for Adz's birthday!!!:yo::handclap::hockey::bday:

Thank you!

It is appropriate, isn't it? Almost 6 decades of being a hockey fan (I know, I don't look that old but I am. :sarcasm: ) and the league is showing their love for me. Dixie Flyers and Preds fans represent!

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Thank you!

It is appropriate, isn't it? Almost 6 decades of being a hockey fan (I know, I don't look that old but I am. :sarcasm: ) and the league is showing their love for me. Dixie Flyers and Preds fans represent!
Happy birthday. The league is doing the opposite for me. My birthday is the only Saturday of the season with no Preds game. Today doesn't count.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Thanks for the well wishes! This has been a great birthday. My son and I geeked out at all the hockey stuff along with 17,000 of like minded pals, watched the guys on the red carpet, and then thoroughly enjoyed the skills competition. Can't wait to attend the second half tomorrow.

BTW John Scott and Brent Burns are just great personalities. They've been such fun!

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I realized last week that it annoys me we sell a ton of Goose Island (CHICAGO!) and not so much of our local. Get all of the Chicago beers out and more local beers in. Yeah yeah I know 'distributor' yada yada.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I realized last week that it annoys me we sell a ton of Goose Island (CHICAGO!) and not so much of our local. Get all of the Chicago beers out and more local beers in. Yeah yeah I know 'distributor' yada yada.
To be fair, Goose Island is good.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
To be fair, Goose Island is good.

We have plenty of local breweries that distribute and stomp Goose Island. I don't understand why there is no Blackstone in this arena. Used to be some at the club level bar but it got replaced by Sam Adams.

I do wish we had at least one tap of Tailgate's Peanut Butter Milk Stout but I also wish that would come out my faucet at home instead of tap water.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
The local beer isn't good because of the water that is used to make the beer is really not all that great/clean ... give me Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I am sore as **** today, but I couldn't be happier. 60+ hours of activities, 21ish hours of sleep in 4 days.

Nashville knows how to party.
I've said it once and I'll say it again. IMO, Nashville is more or less the NHL's equivalent city to New Orleans.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
The local beer isn't good because of the water that is used to make the beer is really not all that great/clean ... give me Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA

I doubt they would do 90 but I would certainly be on board if they replaced every Goose Island IPA with Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
This weekend has made me realize that we can now handle big time events. And handle them extremely well. Our downtown layout certainly helps thanks to proximity and I do think that is why so many people enjoyed themselves this weekend.

So what's next? World Cup? NFL Draft? ...Super Bowl? Not sure we have the hotel capacity for something like the Super Bowl but we have to be getting close.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
This weekend has made me realize that we can now handle big time events. And handle them extremely well. Our downtown layout certainly helps thanks to proximity and I do think that is why so many people enjoyed themselves this weekend.

So what's next? World Cup? NFL Draft? ...Super Bowl? Not sure we have the hotel capacity for something like the Super Bowl but we have to be getting close.

My money says World Cup. FIFA FUBARed Qatar and now there is rumors that the US will host in it's place.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
My money says World Cup. FIFA FUBARed Qatar and now there is rumors that the US will host in it's place.
US Soccer has a good view of/relationship with Nashville so I could see Nissan Stadium hosting a group of World Cup matches.

I wonder if the NHL seeing the insanity that a huge hockey event can bring to Nashville would make them consider a Winter Classic here.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
US Soccer has a good view of/relationship with Nashville so I could see Nissan Stadium hosting a group of World Cup matches.

I wonder if the NHL seeing the insanity that a huge hockey event can bring to Nashville would make them consider a Winter Classic here.

I can imagine them doing a winter classic in December/January while potentially wearing t-shirt and shorts. :)

Seriously though, how much would it cost to keep a sheet of ice that large active and safe enough to support an event like this? I know they had the sheet outside for Winter Park but that was small time relative to what they'd need for a WC.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
The unpredictability of the weather in Nashville on New years would be the problem. We could have 70° Sunny with a chance of storms and tornadoes or 29° with and ice storm. The rain part would cancel the game.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
The unpredictability of the weather in Nashville on New years would be the problem. We could have 70° Sunny with a chance of storms and tornadoes or 29° with and ice storm. The rain part would cancel the game.

I don't think the weather is an issue. I mean LA had the stadium series. Having said that, I don't see us holding a Winter Classic for 2 reasons. It would interfere with the Music City Bowl + Titans season. It typically takes 2 weeks or more to set up for the event and that would mean no Music City Bowl. I can see a Stadium Series game though.

Having said that, I would not attend nor watch. I don't want to sit out in the blistering cold to watch a game. And the camera angles on TV are horrible. This game was not meant for outdoor stadiums.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The Tennessean actually asked Bettman about it and he replied that the warm weather could potentially cause a problem. Of course, we were pretty far above average this weekend but it's certainly an area with unpredictable weather. We had a weekend where we got our most snowfall in 13 years and then the next weekend it was 70 degrees.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I don't think the weather is an issue. I mean LA had the stadium series. Having said that, I don't see us holding a Winter Classic for 2 reasons. It would interfere with the Music City Bowl + Titans season. It typically takes 2 weeks or more to set up for the event and that would mean no Music City Bowl. I can see a Stadium Series game though.

Having said that, I would not attend nor watch. I don't want to sit out in the blistering cold to watch a game. And the camera angles on TV are horrible. This game was not meant for outdoor stadiums.
I don't think you could keep ice conditions up in a warm stormy day, which we get often this time of year. Today and tomorrow for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia