OT: Who's chair is that? Not my chair, not my problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
KFC now has Nashville Hot Chicken?
I saw it at a KFC here and I figured it was a local thing. Then my friend in Seattle asked me if I'd tried it because he saw it too so I guess it's a national thing now. I read reviews of it and a lot of people say it's good.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Ok, I have to ask, do YOU have cancer Doc, do you fight it a lot as an MD?

thankfully I don't have it, but I treat head and neck cancer(think throat cancer, mouth cancer, voice box cancer) and if I get to it early enough I can often cure it. I have quite a few patients who are ten years or more disease free

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Helping your wife find a job is so hard. You want to be supportive and comforting, but it also feels like I am constantly being the 'bad cop.' I just want her to succeed and I don't think she is casting a net large enough and not putting a concerted effort everyday to apply everywhere.

Anyone have advice?

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
thankfully I don't have it, but I treat head and neck cancer(think throat cancer, mouth cancer, voice box cancer) and if I get to it early enough I can often cure it. I have quite a few patients who are ten years or more disease free

I have a friend who has thyroid cancer. He's a singer and works with radioactive materials for .gov. He'll be ok.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Helping your wife find a job is so hard. You want to be supportive and comforting, but it also feels like I am constantly being the 'bad cop.' I just want her to succeed and I don't think she is casting a net large enough and not putting a concerted effort everyday to apply everywhere.

Anyone have advice?

Back off, and let her find her own way. If you come across as too controlling/demanding and she gets a job that she ends up hating, she will blame you and your life will suck. Unless her not working for a few more months is financially crippling to you, you should chill and offer advice only when asked, and even when asked don't be too pushy

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I have a friend who has thyroid cancer. He's a singer and works with radioactive materials for .gov. He'll be ok.

Yeah thyroid cancer is one of the most curable cancers so he should be fine just hope the surgeon doesn't injure the nerves to his vocal cords since he is a singer

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
His cancer is localized and he's in radiation (ha ha) therapy

Well, that should have been after surgery. You don't treat thyroid cancer with radiation alone, and you don't use conventional radiation, you use a single dose of radioactive iodine. Unless he has some other type of cancer, like lymphoma, that just happened to be in his thyroid gland.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Is Lavy the guy at 1:10 in this vid? Pretty sure it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvOsh15hLIs
It looks just like him, but two things. 1.) I think Lavy has less hair, and 2.) Depending on how long it took them to upload the video.....it was put up on February 18, 2015 and we hadn't played in Chicago for about 6 weeks prior to that. Also, the (maybe) North Face logo on his jacket looks like a Preds logo.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
After many years of people thinking he was already dead, Abe Vigoda has actually passed away.

RIP Fish

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I had absolutely no idea Clarksville had almost 150,000 people. I would've thought it had about 100k, and I was 100% sure Murfreesboro was larger.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Cliff Ronning's kid is in the draft...Pass the Geritol.

no kidding Ronning and Tkachuk both have kids old enough to be drafted.... makes me feel old.

Cliffys kid is the 82nd rated NA skater.... maybe he'll still be around for a 6th or 7th round pick

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
no kidding Ronning and Tkachuk both have kids old enough to be drafted.... makes me feel old.

Cliffys kid is the 82nd rated NA skater.... maybe he'll still be around for a 6th or 7th round pick

The pup, official name of a baby rat, is in the top prospects game so this will go up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad