Status
Not open for further replies.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I don't think rain itself is an issue but stormy rain and heavy rain would be..

http://www.boston.com/sports/2015/1...lassic-game/szKubj9mKnfy712Th4ebYN/story.html

“If rain is too heavy or it’s dangerous for the safety of the players or the fans during game day, the league and the player’s association will make a decision, whether that’s a delay or something else,” he said.

LA gets about 3.6 Thunderstorms a year.

http://thevane.gawker.com/why-doesnt-the-west-coast-see-thunderstorms-1606295419

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
US Soccer has a good view of/relationship with Nashville so I could see Nissan Stadium hosting a group of World Cup matches.

I wonder if the NHL seeing the insanity that a huge hockey event can bring to Nashville would make them consider a Winter Classic here.

I was thinking that would be our likely "reward" for doing the ASG so well...

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
The management of Nissan will have to improve before we get any World Cup matches. If I am remembering correctly there were some issues with the friendly we hosted last summer. Not enough gates being open to admit people, not enough concession workers etc. real basic stuff.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
The management of Nissan will have to improve before we get any World Cup matches. If I am remembering correctly there were some issues with the friendly we hosted last summer. Not enough gates being open to admit people, not enough concession workers etc. real basic stuff.

Good point. It's kind of sad just how much better the Preds organization handles their business relative to what goes on across the river.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
That was the first event held after it became Nissan Stadium. I don't know all of the details but I was at that match and things were a little hectic. That being said, a lot of Titans fans that attend games had an ongoing issue with how bad things were handled there from things like what you mentioned plus any number of other things. I don't go to Titans games but I've heard this season that they had improved from the way they were.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
On the plus side, they have a ton of those old seats ripped out for the new ones - lets hope these are a bit of an upgrade - although I'm not sure how much you gonna' put into plastic seats that sit out in our sun.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad