Who would you rather play in the playoffs?

Who would you rather play in round 1, keeping in mind the next rounds?

• Vegas

Votes: 31 21.1%
  • LA

Votes: 37 25.2%
  • Nashville

Votes: 46 31.3%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 33 22.4%

• Total voters

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Fair, but here's my logic.

f*** the Kings, I'm tired of playing them, watching them get help and guys finishing the series banged up.

The knights would be good to exercise last year, but I would rather not, and see them play Dallas instead.

I like Nashville for 3 reasons.

1. Past success
2. Different team
3. Earlier start times for games

The scenario that has Edmonton playing Nashville likely means Vancouver is playing LA and Dallas playing Vegas. So I suspect we'd still be the late game for the games at home on alternate nights from Vancouver/LA, but probably better times for the games in Nashville as they could put the Dallas Vegas games (in Vegas) at the late slot.

So it's only a couple games we'd see better start times. But that assumes the league/networks don't like the Dallas/Vegas conference final rematch and push that series as primetime and make Nashville deal with 9:00 home starts.

Been there, done that. No thank you.
(2021)
Every Oiler cup win featured a series vs. Winnipeg.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The scenario that has Edmonton playing Nashville likely means Vancouver is playing LA and Dallas playing Vegas. So I suspect we'd still be the late game for the games at home on alternate nights from Vancouver/LA, but probably better times for the games in Nashville as they could put the Dallas Vegas games (in Vegas) at the late slot.

So it's only a couple games we'd see better start times. But that assumes the league/networks don't like the Dallas/Vegas conference final rematch and push that series as primetime and make Nashville deal with 9:00 home starts.

Every Oiler cup win featured a series vs. Winnipeg.
Maybe, but I don't expect 8:30 home starts playing Nashville, imo.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
Easily Nashville. Because it's the perfect excuse to finally take a vacation to Nashville for a few days

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I put don't care. If the goal is to win the Cup then it doesn't matter who you face. Nashville might be the weakest team but a goalie like Josi can steal a series.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Maybe, but I don't expect 8:30 home starts playing Nashville, imo.

Maybe not 8:30, but I'm sure we'll see 8:00 starts for the home games unless it's a weekend. I just don't understand why in this day and age of multiple channels and with there only being at most 4 games a night that they can't find a way to let games for western teams have a reasonable start time.

I mean, does it really need to be completely off the table that a game in the east start at 6:30 eastern time to allow for a set up of 6:30, 7:00, 9:00, 9:30 on the nights where the final game of the night isn't in the Pacific Time zone (10:00 PM EST is reasonable if the game is played in a city in the Pacific time zone).

Reactions: guymez

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I don't know... I have a feeling somehow that the 3rd time would be the charm for the Kings, kind of like how Vancouver was extra motivated to beat the Blackhawks back in 2011.
Fair enough, but that was also a President's Trophy winning team that had a goalie regularly in the running for Vezina. LA is neither of those things. Selfishly, I'm hoping it's more of a Edmonton vs. Dallas in the late 90s early 2000s type thing where the first time we gave them all they could take and just managed to win Game 7 (unlike LA). Dallas tended to take care of Edmonton a little more easily each time after that especially once they got through the intial burst in the first 3 games of the series'.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Maybe not 8:30, but I'm sure we'll see 8:00 starts for the home games unless it's a weekend. I just don't understand why in this day and age of multiple channels and with there only being at most 4 games a night that they can't find a way to let games for western teams have a reasonable start time.

I mean, does it really need to be completely off the table that a game in the east start at 6:30 eastern time to allow for a set up of 6:30, 7:00, 9:00, 9:30 on the nights where the final game of the night isn't in the Pacific Time zone (10:00 PM EST is reasonable if the game is played in a city in the Pacific time zone).
Maybe, but I don't see them making Nashville watch a game starting at 10 pm.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
I don't think Vegas's roster is too much better than ours, but I think Bruce Cassidy is far and away the best head coach in the league. Guys like Michael Amadio, Paul Cotter, Nick Hague and Zach Whitecloud would be replacement level players on probably every other team, but Cassidy knows exactly how to utilize players to their strengths, and create lines and pairings that complement each other. He absolutely ate Woodcroft's lunch last year's playoffs unfortunately.

Reactions: Duke74

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad