Who would you rather play in the playoffs?

Who would you rather play in round 1, keeping in mind the next rounds?

• Vegas

Votes: 31 21.1%
  • LA

Votes: 37 25.2%
  • Nashville

Votes: 46 31.3%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 33 22.4%

• Total voters

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
Right now, there is a possibility that we will play one of three teams, LA, VEGAS, Nashville.

I think my ideal playoff result is:

1st: Vancouver
2nd: Oilers
3rd:LA
WC1: Nashville
WC2: Vegas - crossover to play Dallas

In my opinion, Vegas fully healthy with 100 million in cap is still a threat (even though yesterday we beat them). Therefore, getting them to go through both Dallas and Colorado is my choice.

Nashville is very solid, but I don’t feel they have any game breakers. Feel they would give Vancouver a good test and would give them a better then 50% chance to win. Setting up a round 2 matchup against us.

LA we have owned.

Coming out of the other division, I am most scared of Dallas. Having them to go through both Vegas (100 million) and Colorado/Winnipeg will be hard and hopefully taxing for any of the teams that we might play in the conference championship.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
In the playoffs, Chicago, but they won't get there so from those teams, Nashville, though none of them scare me with the level this team has found.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I agree that if we want to be the best we should beat any team. However, hockey is still based a lot on puck luck. The easier the path the less likely we will be unlucky, or get hurt going through a 7 game series.
Don't care.

This season is a failure unless we beat all of them. The order doesn't really matter.
I picked Nashville but we are going to have to go through 2-3 very good hockey teams just to get to the final. It is going to be hell.

With that said, I love the addition of Corey Perry and I find it ridiculous that there was recently a hand full of posters were wishing we never signed him. He's a Keith like acquisition who has a plethora of playoff experience. Not to mention the amount of penalties he draws.

I'm pretty convinced that part of the reason we got as far as we did back in 22 was because of Keith's experience and intangibles. Perry has been to the cup finals 4 times. He's more important than a lot of people realize.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Anyone. If the team shows up they can win.

As it's always been and ever will be, the team the Oilers are playing against is themselves. We aren't losing many series' if the team plays a full 60 minutes for seven games.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
My head says LA but my heart says Vegas.

giphy.gif

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Toughest team first. Get it over with.

Vegas. If we can beat them we should have a good chance passing Dallas. Our win over Vegas they didnt show their hand. Saving it for playoffs.
Pisses me off they get around $20 million extra cap. Imagine. Like having an extra Leon and maybe a Hughes tossed in. Bogus I say bogus.

All other teams are ours. Vancouver may be more than we say but I see them much like Boston or Panthers have been.

Final Oilers Carolina. Oilers in 5

Last edited:
Reactions: 2for1PizzaPastuh

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Right now, there is a possibility that we will play one of three teams, LA, VEGAS, Nashville.

I think my ideal playoff result is:

1st: Vancouver
2nd: Oilers
3rd:LA
WC1: Nashville
WC2: Vegas - crossover to play Dallas

In my opinion, Vegas fully healthy with 100 million in cap is still a threat (even though yesterday we beat them). Therefore, getting them to go through both Dallas and Colorado is my choice.

Nashville is very solid, but I don’t feel they have any game breakers. Feel they would give Vancouver a good test and would give them a better then 50% chance to win. Setting up a round 2 matchup against us.

LA we have owned.

Coming out of the other division, I am most scared of Dallas. Having them to go through both Vegas (100 million) and Colorado/Winnipeg will be hard and hopefully taxing for any of the teams that we might play in the conference championship.
I don't like Las Vegas. Hopefully they go to the other division's main pool. Nashville would be preferable to LA, but both are beatable if the Oilers show up and avoid the unnecessary Nurse batshit.

LA because 3 in a row would be lol worthy.
Doughty with babyshit on his toothless visage after game 4.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Will be funny if the Shames beat the Schmucks to deprive them of the top seed in the Pacific.

Reactions: guymez

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I guess if I could pick, I'd rather Nashville, but I'm perfectly fine with LA as well. I think we can/should beat either of those teams. Vegas scares the crap out of me, due to their BLATANT cheating the cap issues, and icing a team in the playoffs that will be millions and millions over the cap. I hope they have to go through the central as the WC2 team and have to beat Dallas and Colorado to make it to the western conference final.

I think we can beat all of LA, Nashville and Vancouver, who would be the teams we'd need to get through a conference finals appearance, so because of that my biggest hope is Vegas as the WC2 team. I kinda don't care about the rest.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Ultimately, you need to beat everyone, so I don't necessarily care.

That said, for a first round matchup, though, I'm actually most concerned about Nashville.

They've been hotter than any of the potential teams Edmonton is expected to play in the west since the All-Star break. They have the best goalie of the three teams. Edmonton (or rather Leon) owning them the last few years has me concerned about a potential regression to the point where all of the sudden they can't score vs. Nashville. Also, Edmonton owning them recent years could have them taking them more lightly than they would either of the two options.

The only positive about Nashville, is that Edmonton owning them in recent years, may have them play a little more scared than they would otherwise and Edmonton could feast on a team if there is anything fragile there.

Reactions: Puljulainen

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I guess if I could pick, I'd rather Nashville, but I'm perfectly fine with LA as well. I think we can/should beat either of those teams. Vegas scares the crap out of me, due to their BLATANT cheating the cap issues, and icing a team in the playoffs that will be millions and millions over the cap. I hope they have to go through the central as the WC2 team and have to beat Dallas and Colorado to make it to the western conference final.

I think we can beat all of LA, Nashville and Vancouver, who would be the teams we'd need to get through a conference finals appearance, so because of that my biggest hope is Vegas as the WC2 team. I kinda don't care about the rest.
Yes, they will add Stone and Hertl and Bettman's grandfather in the playoffs.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I picked Nashville but we are going to have to go through 2-3 very good hockey teams just to get to the final. It is going to be hell.

With that said, I love the addition of Corey Perry and I find it ridiculous that there was recently a hand full of posters were wishing we never signed him. He's a Keith like acquisition who has a plethora of playoff experience. Not to mention the amount of penalties he draws.

I'm pretty convinced that part of the reason we got as far as we did back in 22 was because of Keith's experience and intangibles. Perry has been to the cup finals 4 times. He's more important than a lot of people realize.

And ultimately he's easier to hide in games where he may struggle than Keith was, so it's like getting Keith's experience, but without the requirement to play him 20 minutes a game.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Careful what you wish for...
Fair, but here's my logic.

f*** the Kings, I'm tired of playing them, watching them get help and guys finishing the series banged up.

The knights would be good to exercise last year, but I would rather not, and see them play Dallas instead.

I like Nashville for 3 reasons.

1. Past success
2. Different team
3. Earlier start times for games

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Fair, but here's my logic.

f*** the Kings, I'm tired of playing them, watching them get help and guys finishing the series banged up.

The knights would be good to exercise last year, but I would rather not, and see them play Dallas instead.

I like Nashville for 3 reasons.

1. Past success
2. Different team
3. Earlier start times for games
Agree 100% about the Kings. I think we can take them, but I'm worried for two different reasons: 1) they'll be more motivated since we've already beaten them twice; and 2) it's always a physical series and they tend to wear us down for the next opponent.

Nashville is my ideal choice, but I remember thinking we could take the Jets back in 2021 and that didn't go so well. Regular season success isn't always indicative of the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad