Who would you bring back?

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Schlemko and Elias if he wants to play are the only ones I'd really want to see signed. I hope we can move on from all the others, to be honest.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
I voted for Farnham, Gionta, Elias, and Schlemko.

I want Farnham on a 2 way contract as the 14th/15th forward on the depth chart.

I don't care what kind of contract Gionta is signed to (1way or 2way) but he is a perfect 13th forward. Great locker room guy and can fill in on 4th line and play penalty kill.

I want Elias on 3LW.

I want Schlemko back only if we strike out on Yandle/Demers/Goligoski

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I didn't vote for Farnham, but, I would be willing to sign him to a 1-yr deal and keep him around as an extra forward.

I like his speed, hustle and agitation, but he needs to do a better job of picking his spots with the antics.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Yeah, Schlemko and Elias.

Went back and forth on Farnham, but ultimately, fighting's going out of the game and I don't see Farnham equaling his production this year.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Actually, screw it. Give the manbearpig a job. He's decent and can skate on the 4th line.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I voted for Farnham, Gionta, Elias, and Schlemko.

I want Farnham on a 2 way contract as the 14th/15th forward on the depth chart.

I don't care what kind of contract Gionta is signed to (1way or 2way) but he is a perfect 13th forward. Great locker room guy and can fill in on 4th line and play penalty kill.

I want Elias on 3LW.

I want Schlemko back only if we strike out on Yandle/Demers/Goligoski

If I thought they'd actually keep Gionta as a 13th forward I'd be for bringing him back, but if he's back here he's playing every day.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
None. Not even Elias who I absolutely adore. Possibly Schlemko, but not necessary either.

Zajac, Palmieri, Cammalleri, Henrique Top 6 six for certain.

*Give Zacha his 9 games this fall and see what happens - That is 5 in the top 6...For 9 games anyway - If Zacha can't handle it, slide 2 up from list below:

Possible Top 6: or 3rd line Blandisi, Boucher, DSP, Kalinin.

Bottom 6: (1 or 2 of Blandisi, Boucher, DSP, Kalinin,) Pietila, Coleman eventually, Josefson, Sislo. Minus 2 to slide up to the top 6 is still 6 players for the bottom.

This is with no UFA signings at all...We'll also see others compete in camp like Lappin and Quenneville - Maybe Lorito? And there is always a surprise that puts himself on the radar in camp..We'll see, but the point is all the old garbage MUST GO.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
If Elias can play, I'd take him back. Schlemko should be given a contract, too. He was incredibly solid for us this year.

The only other forward I'd entertain re-signing would be Farnham, and it would be strictly as an extra forward. When given his spots, he can be an effective agitator, but by no means should be have a permanent spot in the lineup.

Gionta isn't an NHL-caliber player. If he wants a two-way deal, fine. But I'd prefer Farnham be the 13th forward if it comes down to those two.

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012
Actually, screw it. Give the manbearpig a job. He's decent and can skate on the 4th line.

The fact that I can read this sentence and IMMEDIATELY know who you're talking of.

Voted Schlem and Patty. I'll take Patty for another year, if Marty could have one then Patty can have one. Anything to not see him in another team's colours.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Schlemko is definitely the most important player on that list for the Devils. He was a top 3/4 defensemen for this team all year.

Schlemko was the 3rd most important D man on the team this season, and there were a few games when you could argue he was the best D man on the team. He has to be resigned.

The rest can go. Elias being the exception if he wants back.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Schlemko was the 3rd most important D man on the team this season, and there were a few games when you could argue he was the best D man on the team. He has to be resigned.

The rest can go. Elias being the exception if he wants back.

I guess it would be nice if Elias got to choose his destiny.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

The window to trade him is gone. He may be ineffective in a top 3 role, but I think he might still have something to give in a limited role. But man, did he look bad the few games he played...

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I'll take Schlemko as a bottom pairing PP guy and Farnham as an extra forward/4th liner. He's not a particularly good player but I like his speed and tenacity. I think he's good enough to be in the NHL unlike a lot of guys we've trotted out over the last few years. He'd work well with Pietila and Kalinin.

And I love Patty but he needs to hang em up.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

That's my thinking. I'm not hell-bent on him coming back, though, because I'm not convinced he has all that much to contribute anymore.

If he wants to come back, whatever. I'd rather him get limited minutes than watch him go put on another jersey.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
i'd bring Schlemko back even we do add a defensemen from UFA this off-season.

Reasons being:
- injuries
- healthy competition
- balances playing time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad