Who will win the Cup?

Who will win the cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 16, 2008
Blighty
Why are all Pitt fans trying to be so humble lately on HF?

You're 2 time defending cup champs. With arguably (or not arguably) the 2 best players in the world on your roster. Why would it be unrealistic to pick your team to win - let alone as a top 3 favorite lol.

If this was Toronto or Edmonton 100% of fans would be all over picking their team to 3 peat and rubbing it into all other fanbases along the way.

I just don't get Pitt fans on HF this year. You guys need to be more cocky. It's much more fun

:laugh:

Because in most cases, when a team wins the Cup, I generally expect that they don't win it again the following year. That's been the norm, anyway.

For me there is this nagging voice of reason in the back of my head that told me last year "well now that they've won it they probably won't win it again, that just hasn't been done in about 20 years. Good luck with that." And proceeded to rattle off all the reasons why they wouldn't repeat.

Yet they did, but all the same that nagging voice comes back again with "THREEPEAT? Psshhhhh. You wish. What do you think this is, the 80s?"
And again, I think of some of the players that we lost and look at all the other teams that are really good and I think they'll be really hard to beat.

But I'm a fan, and right now the Pens are at least healthier than they were last year (for now) so I'll still hope!

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
tenor.gif

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Winnipeg looks good. Really good.

But then so did Nashville and the Bruins last night.

I don’t want to get ahead of myself, Colorado and Minnesota are still going to be tough, but I’m drooling a little over that potential second round Jets and Preds.

Reactions: Viktor Vaughn

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
I think it is who ever win between the Jets and Preds unless the kill each other to beat one another.

In the east I pick the Buins. I think the Leafs and Bruins are great but their road to the cup is the worst of all teams. The Pens have a easier road but I think that this year they are just not good enough to go all the way.

Preds
Jets (which ever wins)
Bruins
Leafs (which ever wins)

Bolts
Pens
Caps
Ducks
Sharks

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Winnipeg and Boston worry me the most as a Preds fan. Unfortunately, round 2 will determine which Central team is coming out of the west.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
Every once in a while I remember what a tough road the Leafs have and I feel bad for them. Worst case scenario would be a Boston-Tampa-Pittsburgh path to the final, and then likely a date with Nashville or Winnipeg.

That is just disgusting.

Makes me want to cheer for them if the Jets get eliminated. Excuse me while I go shower.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Whoever wins the Nashville - Winnipeg series in the 2nd round

mrv52

Jan 22, 2004
I voted for Boston but after last night I am not sure anymore.

Is Boston really good or is Toronto really bad?

:huh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad