Who will win the Cup?

Who will win the cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nhl2002

Apr 28, 2015
I didn't see a dedicated thread on this, so I wanted to create a poll on who will win the Cup. If you had to choose your one pick, who would it be and why? I'm curious who HF considers the favorite.

gullible1

Jun 8, 2017
The Bruins did so well without several key players who were injured. They have most of these players back and their new players/young talent like Donato are shining. There's just too much depth on this team. The Bruins should win it all. (No bias here. They are not my home team. I live in montreal and believe the canadiens will not win another cup in the next 50 years. The rest of the league hires the best GM and head coach they can find; the habs hire the best one who is fluent in french. that's too much of a disadvantage.)

Reactions: Gnome17

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Eh homer vote Toronto they can beat anyone, they can also lose to anyone due to a very difficult potential road there. Hard year to predict.

The Roy Of Ottawa

HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
Oct 4, 2017
Will Philadelphia or Toronto finally win the Stanley Cup again, or will Washington finally win its first Stanley Cup?

THE LONGEST STANLEY CUP DROUGHTS

01. Ottawa Senators (91 Years Since Their Last Stanley Cup Win)
02. Toronto Maple Leafs (51 Years Since Their Last Stanley Cup Win)
03. Philadelphia Flyers (43 Years Since Their Last Stanley Cup Win)
04. New York Islanders (35 Years Since Their Last Stanley Cup Win)
05. Calgary Flames (29 Years Since Their Last Stanley Cup Win)
06. Edmonton Oilers (28 Years Since Their Last Stanley Cup Win)
07. Montreal Canadiens (25 Years Since Their Last Stanley Cup Win)
08. New York Rangers (24 Years Since Their Last Stanley Cup Win)

THE OLDEST NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE FRANCHISES WHO STILL HAVE NOT WON THE STANLEY CUP

01. St. Louis Blues (1967-Present: 51 years)
02. Buffalo Sabres (1970-Present: 48 years)
03. Vancouver Canucks (1970-Present: 48 years)
04. Washington Capitals (1974-Present: 44 years)
05. Winnipeg Jets (1979-Present: 39 years)

The Winnipeg Jets thing is complicated, but maybe I should include them, despite the whole Phoenix thing!

Winnipeg Jets (1972–96) - Wikipedia

Winnipeg Jets - Wikipedia

Reactions: The Shovel Penguin

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
The heart says Pittsburgh. Realistically, my top-3 cup favorites are Nashville, Boston, and Winnipeg in no particular order.

Reactions: Aggie204

gac3378

Nov 15, 2013
Pittsburgh
I'm going with Nashville, but if the jets come out over them in the second round i think it's theirs. Also give me hometown team, the pens, a shot bc they will luck out with Toronto, Boston, and Tampa battling out hard fought series leading up to the conference finals

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
The heart says Pittsburgh. Realistically, my top-3 cup favorites are Nashville, Boston, and Winnipeg in no particular order.

Why are all Pitt fans trying to be so humble lately on HF?

You're 2 time defending cup champs. With arguably (or not arguably) the 2 best players in the world on your roster. Why would it be unrealistic to pick your team to win - let alone as a top 3 favorite lol.

If this was Toronto or Edmonton 100% of fans would be all over picking their team to 3 peat and rubbing it into all other fanbases along the way.

I just don't get Pitt fans on HF this year. You guys need to be more cocky. It's much more fun

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015

You're 2 time defending cup champs. With arguably (or not arguably) the 2 best players in the world on your roster. Why would it be unrealistic to pick your team to win - let alone as a top 3 favorite lol.

If this was Toronto or Edmonton 100% of fans would be all over picking their team to 3 peat and rubbing it into all other fanbases along the way.

I just don't get Pitt fans on HF this year. You guys need to be more cocky. It's much more fun
The Penguins board is constantly pessimistic, even when were two-time champions. It's not fun.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Picked Toronto.
Which likely means first round exit.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Eh homer vote Toronto they can beat anyone, they can also lose to anyone due to a very difficult potential road there. Hard year to predict.
I feel the same for the bruins. No matter what our team will have to face each other obviously, them probably Tampa, next series I feel will probably be "easier" and then lastly probably Nashville or Winnipeg. Really hard way for either team, but at the same time both have the potential to make it.

Edit: actually I suppose the third match-up would probably be Pens so, not really easier at all...hard road ahead.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015

So many disappointing losses in the playoffs between the Cup in 2009 and the Cup in 2016 taught us the hard way to never assume anything.

Winning in 2016 was amazing, and that team was a force. Repeating in 2017 was an incredibly gutsy effort from a tired and beat up group, but they did it. We all think the Pens COULD do it again this year, but assume it will be even harder still, with even less gas left in the tank. Meanwhile meanwhile Boston, Tampa, Nashville and Winnipeg all look really fast and skilled and hungry, sorta like the Pens did in 2016.

The way I look at it, the Pens are playing with house money at this point and have nothing to lose. Win and I'll be ecstatic. Lose, and I'll still give them a Citizen Kane level standing ovation for what they've accomplished these past couple years, and go into the off season content.

giphy.gif

Reactions: TorstenFrings

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
If I had to bet money it would be ok the Pens or Nashville. Next would be Boston or Winnipeg. I think TB can if they play like they are capable of but they still need to prove it and their PK needs to be better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad