Speculation: Who will the Flyers draft if they stay at 11? (Not who do you want, who WILL they draft?)

Who will the Flyers draft if they stay at 11? (Not who do you want, who WILL they draft?)

• Total voters

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Top 5 forward prospects
Morgan Frost
Joel Farabee
Isaac Ratcliffe
German Rubtsov
Misha Vorobyev

Top 5 defense prospects
Mark Friedman
Yegor Zamula
Linus Hogberg
Wyatt Kalynuk
Adam Ginning

That has nothing to do with who should be selected, tho. Likely, there's going to be better forwards at that pick then defensemen.

Reactions: flyersjim73 and pit

sregdoor

Jun 22, 2018
Lavoie, Like his size and that he elevated his game in the Memorial Cup Playoffs.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
That has nothing to do with who should be selected, tho. Likely, there's going to be better forwards at that pick then defensemen.
That's your opinion. I disagree with that. A lot of NHL teams disagree also. They all say they pick for value but need is most definitely a factor for a lot of organizations.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
There are many I’d be happy with: Boldy, Krebs, Soderstrom, Newhook, & most of the consensus top players if they fall.

But I’d be disappointed if the Flyers drafted Seider. I’d much prefer Soderstrom if they go D.

I don't see any of the dmen ever developing into anything more than a top 4 type. And i don't think any of them are talented enough to steal a spot from sanheim ghost provorov or myers

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I would love the Flyers to add a legit sniper like Kaliyev, which is what they need. But I'm thinking they'll go D.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
I don't see any of the dmen ever developing into anything more than a top 4 type. And i don't think any of them are talented enough to steal a spot from sanheim ghost provorov or myers
There's a solid chance one of them aren't here by the time this pick is ready to make an impact

Reactions: Jtown

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
Picked Moritz Seider. Sort of a Situation if one is building from the net out, a back up goalie, mentor is required, dee is next, oh my, we need quality,depth and if a guy is an RD teams will regret not fixing that issue on our own. Our forward depth is young and impressive. Their likely isn’t a game changing forward to add to our warchest, but yah loook at our Dee with a good looking German prospect added to the group and ask yourself would you have switched to forward, I would not.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I think Soderstrom is in the 99th percentile for defensive ability — a rare combination of skating, vision, intelligence, anticipation, all with a bit of a chip on his shoulder. I think he can be a first pairing defenseman for a lonnnng time, but more in the subtle fashion than the flashy fashion. I’d be ecstatic to have him.

Broberg reminds me a bit of Phil Myers. Seider, a bit like Tyler Myers. Wouldn’t take either over the forwards likely to be available. Cam York could be pretty good, but I wouldn’t take him at 11, either. Only D I like at 11 is Soderstrom.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
With the 1st wave of D now on the roster or needing to be waived...except Friedman, let's look at the next possible wave:

Zamula LHD
Kalynuk LHD
Hogberg LHD
Bernhardt LHD
Ginning LHD

St.Ivany RHD
Wylie RHD

Certainly looks like a RHD with top 4 upside fits the need more on D. And yes I know you don't draft for need, but with Button sort of having us linked...I think Seider is the guy unless a F they love falls to their lap....Boldy please?
The problem that I have with your list is that too many of these prospects haven't been signed by the Flyers. Particularly Kalynuk. He may well go UFA after this season and the Flyers have lost out on him. Why haven't Holberg and Bernhardt been signed? Its not like the Phantoms have a ton of talent on defense for next season.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I predicted Krebs on the premise that Fletcher expected someone they have ranked 5-8 to fall to 11, & I think Krebs is the most likely player to fall to 11 who they may have ranked 5-8.

pooch

May 30, 2017
Top 5 forward prospects
Morgan Frost
Joel Farabee
Isaac Ratcliffe
German Rubtsov
Misha Vorobyev

Top 5 defense prospects
Mark Friedman
Yegor Zamula
Linus Hogberg
Wyatt Kalynuk
Adam Ginning

Did Ginning have a good year last season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad