Speculation: Who will the Bruins Buyout/Trade/Waive thread

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
1. Trade Grzelcyk for a 2nd.
2. Trade Forbort for a 6th.
3. Trade Swayman for a 1st and mid-level D man.
4. Sign Sean Monahan 2 x $3.
5. Assign Miller to Portland with caveat to act responsibly.

Reactions: Gordoff

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Is it bad that I want to see a 4th line of

Lucic-Frederic-Hathaway?

I know he didn’t meet expectations, but I wonder what it would look like if he brought back that capitals edge he had

I'd love that. But they neutered Hathaway. He clearly was told to tone it down and he did. He was a shell of himself coming here. It made no sense.

The math isn't mathing. Either let him BE the pain the ass he was in Washington or not.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Who will The Bruins Buyout/Trade/Waive thread Offseason addition contest
Like the Deadline thread list your top 5 to be moved this Offseason
Example and my picks
5. Reilly bought out
4. Miller unconditional waivers for mutual termination of his contract
3. Forbort traded for 2023 6th
2. Debrusk hockey trade with Calgary
1. Zboril traded for 2024 4th
We'll run this for a few weeks
I dont think Bruins do this and cause more unwanted noise. Just pay 70k per for another 2 or 3 years. And let MM disappear

Forbort for a 6th? One would think at least a 4th.. no?

Zboril for a 4th... yes, I would do that yesterday. Still too many brain farts. In addition, soft and somewhat injury prone.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
EDIT- nevermind someone already gave the dates for draft, waivers and buyout.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Gryz traded for a 3rd and a 4th
Dk and Bergie both retire
Miller terminated our bought out ,gone regardless
Forbert back next year
Reilly traded for a 6th (maybe wishful thinking )

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
still want Debrusk, Gryz and Sway/Ullmark to Seattle for Shane Wright and a spare useful part. Wright will be cost controlled for years (plays 4th line C next year), has potential for #`1/2 C in 2-4 years. Cap savings are immediate (>$10 M) which can be used to beef up the rest of the line up. I'm assuming Bergy comes back so the C's will be Bergy, Pavel, Coyle, Shane. Maybe DK comes back mid season and bumps Shane to wing. Back up plan is to get Elias from Calgary in a similar trade but he's have to sign an extension (as would likely Debrusk).

Reactions: Gordoff and Kegs

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
5. Reilly bought out
4. Gryz traded
3. Swayman traded (unfortunately, much prefer Ullmark be traded)
2. Bergeron returns, Krejci does not
1. Foligno re-signs

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Shane Wright would be a good player to get but Seattle already has a $6m goalie (and a $2.35m backup). I don't see why they would move a high value prospect for a player they don't need.
we could take Driedger back in the trade (only has 1 year left on his contract), if need be, bury him in the AHL ...Sway would be a marked upgrade on him and help keep their #1 fresh for playoffs (that's the sell to Seattle), likely get Sway signed for 4 ish for a few years.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
5. Reilly bought out
4. Ullmark traded
3. Grzelcyk traded
2. Frederic traded
1. Orlov is re-signed

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
I don’t think Sweeney buys anyone out until after the draft. I expect he will be making some trades at or prior to. Once he makes some moves it will become clearer; probably for other teams too.
Understand waivers can be part of the process. Not sure if it’s a requirement? Or if Reilly would need to clear being he spent the season in minors. Either way closer to draft and movement around it is what I’d think. See some action last week of June.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
still want Debrusk, Gryz and Sway/Ullmark to Seattle for Shane Wright and a spare useful part. Wright will be cost controlled for years (plays 4th line C next year), has potential for #`1/2 C in 2-4 years. Cap savings are immediate (>$10 M) which can be used to beef up the rest of the line up. I'm assuming Bergy comes back so the C's will be Bergy, Pavel, Coyle, Shane. Maybe DK comes back mid season and bumps Shane to wing. Back up plan is to get Elias from Calgary in a similar trade but he's have to sign an extension (as would likely Debrusk).
I wish. Shane wright isn’t being traded. But let’s dream together.

Probably trade forbort, buy out Reilly(or if lucky trade him. Maybe it costs assets to move him). Miller buy out/termination. I could see gryz getting moved maybe. I’m hoping they find a way to add a quality centre like lindholm or scheifele. I would love to add bertuzzi he screams bruin. I doubt they can afford him sadly. But if Sweeney finds a way it would be great.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
1 or more of the following will be traded - Ullmark, Frederic, Forbert, Reilly, Debrusk

Bergeron is back

Miller is gonzo

Talented center is acquired via trade

More prospects than ever will make the team

Cehlarik & Zino comebacks!

Last edited:

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
I wish. Shane wright isn’t being traded. But let’s dream together.

Probably trade forbort, buy out Reilly(or if lucky trade him. Maybe it costs assets to move him). Miller buy out/termination. I could see gryz getting moved maybe. I’m hoping they find a way to add a quality centre like lindholm or scheifele. I would love to add bertuzzi he screams bruin. I doubt they can afford him sadly. But if Sweeney finds a way it would be great.
Likely but a man can dream ... and Matty Beniers is about to receive a raise in 2024 season so maybe they go into win now mode and our offering of 3 solid roster pieces equivalent of a 2 firsts and a 2nd (IMO) might make them think about it.

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad