"Who will Sweden beat in the final?" -- SVT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Funny thing is that most people probably didn't even bother to read my OP.

Thread title was enough for them :D

Well, who really needs reading or comprehension smarts when screaming "Canada dominates!!!! You suck!!! We're unbeatable!!!!! Woooooooo!!!!!!":laugh::laugh::laugh:;)

bobg1

Sep 21, 2006
bc

surshot*

I love it, Canada fans are histarical after a couple wobbly pops. Most of them probably not realize Sweden was even in the Tourny.:laugh: Were known for are humor world wide.

Oh theres a reason why Canadians think Canada is going to be in the final. We have been there every year for the last 7 years. And we can probably go back before that and we would see a over 90% that Canada is atleast in the final nevermind winning the gold.So what makes the journalist think its funny. Its pretty much a give in and money well spent if your a gambler. I know i have made money over the years.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
I love it, Canada fans are histarical after a couple wobbly pops. Most of them probably not realize Sweden was even in the Tourny.:laugh: Were known for are humor world wide.

Oh theres a reason why Canadians think Canada is going to be in the final. We have been there every year for the last 7 years. And we can probably go back before that and we would see a over 90% that Canada is atleast in the final nevermind winning the gold.So what makes the journalist think its funny. Its pretty much a give in and money well spent if your a gambler. I know i have made money over the years.

Slovakia is destined to win :sarcasm:

STHLM*

This clip were so funny. The Canadian fans looked at the Swedish journalist like is was a idiot! Lool!:laugh:

AndersEriksson*

If Canada can beat USA like they did today, then they can beat Sweden. But as usual it will be a tight game.

Markstrom wont give you 3 or 4 free goals though. That could be a problem don't you think? Your D and goaltending looked Kazakhstanish at times.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
The way Sweden handled Russia yesterday showed they have to be taken very seriously. They have a very solid, hard working, fast team. With Markstrom in the net, anything can happen. I don't know the extent of Moller's injury but it would be a major blow if he can't play.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
What I find funny is, MSP said Canadians would **** their pants if they went down 2-0 to Sweden. We gave the Americans a 3-0 lead, just to prove a point. That no lead is safe. We came, we saw, we kicked their *****.

See you in the gold...if you can make it

dr-nix

Beware of the Bunny!
Feb 7, 2005
What I find funny is, MSP said Canadians would **** their pants if they went down 2-0 to Sweden. We gave the Americans a 3-0 lead, just to prove a point. That no lead is safe. We came, we saw, we kicked their *****.

See you in the gold...if you can make it

omfg grow up, don't you know a media thing when you see one. I'm sure MSP said those words (in swedish) but i doubt he meant it as seriously as you make it sound like. MSP is 17 and i doubt he's had allot of media training.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Nice to see the ridiculous arrogance of the Canadian fans.....NOT.

Remember the 2004 game when beating the USA was a certainty? Only not.

The intelligent fan knows that either Sweden or USA would be a tough game....should be great to watch.

VanEric

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
I'm not saying the Swedes won't win gold this year but their fans sure have a lot of confidence for a country that hasn't won gold since 1981. Even the Fins have won a couple since then. :D

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003

The intelligent fan knows that either Sweden or USA would be a tough game....should be great to watch.

Agreed, it should be a great final. Although we can't look that far yet. Canada beat the Czechs convincingly 8-1 so conventional wisdom would say it's a lock to get to the finals if we play them in the semis. But the beauty of sports is that things happen. All games are played on the ice. Canada is missing 8 NHL players. Now if those guys are in a Canadian uniform here you could pretty much bet your house that the gold is theirs, but they aren't and if we make the finals Sweden and USA won't be pushovers either. USA was up 3-0. Sweden wants revenge from last year and you can believe they'll want a huge game from Hedman.

Personally after the Canada/USA game I am more confident than ever that Canada can win since we showed the character we had and the unstoppable dominance that Tavares has shown. But nothing is a given. Remember when Malkin told the media in '06 that Russia would beat Canada "easily" in the finals? Well we know what happened. Canada won 5-0. There's being favoured, and then there's the idea of backing it up on the ice, what a concept!

Talus

Nov 2, 2003
Toronto
Visit site

The American win was in 2004 was Quite the upset,was it not.
In 2005 we cleared up any argument who was the better team.
Even Haley's comet comes every 75 years if you get my drift.

Lee Van Cleef*

I'm not saying the Swedes won't win gold this year but their fans sure have a lot of confidence for a country that hasn't won gold since 1981. Even the Fins have won a couple since then. :D

What happened in the past is history (obviously) and doesn't affect this years team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad