Who will have the most impact of the new guys?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Robidas by a mile.

Followed closely by Polak and Komorav.

veedubn1

Jun 7, 2010
Robidas followed by Komarov.

I definitely feel we've upgraded our team toughness (guys who can play and not just scrap) and those two guys are a big part of that. We were extremely easy to play against last season.

snoop22ca

Jul 19, 2004
I'm really liking out bottom 6 this year, I know we haven't played a game yet but we look like a much more competitive team.

Lets hope so anyway lol

CalgaryLeaf*

Komarov...by a wide margin.

Leafs fans are going to luv him. He should be visible and impactful on every shift.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
Robidas IMO.

Komarov will prove why we should not let him walk last year to the KHL.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Polak. I would say Robidas but I just don't see him playing the whole year.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
I'll use the same answer I did a month ago, when the exact same poll was made.

If healthy, Robidas.

If not, Komarov.

snoop22ca

Jul 19, 2004
I'll use the same answer I did a month ago, when the exact same poll was made.

If healthy, Robidas.

If not, Komarov.

Hard to have the same poll when we didn't even know who made the team until today, if you didn't want to post again, don't read the thread.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Not Leivo... I said Komarov, but just not Leivo. He's a priority call up, not a roster player. Nothing in camp stood out to change this... Some of the decisions that were made are simply mind boggling.

Gramsci

Jul 31, 2003
Toronto
Very close between Komarov and Robidas, in my view. Robidas will help groom the young blueliners, add stability, and help Dion get back into his true dominant form ... or at least these are the things I hope he can do.

Komarov though adds a dimension to this team that was sorely missed last season -- some energetic nuts on the forward lines. Very few forwards outside of Kadri that will go looking for a hit. I think a guy like Leo helps to elevate this dimension among the other forwards. They were just painful to watch for much of last season. He'll also bring some great work along the boards and in the corners. I'm a bit biased though, as I love having a disturber in the lineup and we'd not had that since Tucker.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Robidas IMO.

Komarov will prove why we should not let him walk last year to the KHL.

They didn't let him walk, he made a choice because he wanted to make the Olympic team and felt that his best chance of doing so was through playing in the KHL. Can't blame a guy for wanting to play for his country.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
robidas for sure.

he'll be the only new guy getting a top minute role on the team.

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
Robidas is a guy we lacked for a long time, he may not be the best at what he does but he is really damn good at it. He pushes guys to the corners, rubs them out and always makes a safe play. He's a guy you want on the ice when protecting a lead. He'll be what we wanted out of Gleason, but smarter and a little less of an edge.

He would have been the difference in a few losses last year.

Honorable mention to Santorelli, Komorov, Winnik and Kouzun (if he can continue his play in regular season).

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Santorelli will have the most points and Komarov will be a great pest and part of (hopefully) a bit of a culture change, but Robidas is the obvious answer. We really needed a calm and steady vet on the blueline and he should be a great mentor for Gardiner and Rielly as they continue to develop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad