Who will be THE NEXT ONE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Dr_Chimera said:
Bingo. A 7-2 behemoth with the skating stride of Wojtek Wolski, shooting skills of Robbie Schremp and the hitting game of Dion Phaneuf.

Puts Crosby to shame. And in his spare time, he wrestles sumo wrestlers.

Can't he also chop down trees with his bare hands?

Marmax

Dec 28, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
forbesy said:
This should really be "Who will be THE NEXT "THE NEXT ONE"?" because we already had someone labeled as THE NEXT ONE, Eric Lindros....
And that's not even touching on THE NEXT ONENESS of Dan Cleary and Jason Spezza

I will not put Jason Spezza in the same category of Dan Cleary yet while he still has plenty of time for prime time.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Epsilon said:
Sad thing is even more posters of this type are going to be showing up over the next year and a half. Nothing against Crosby, but I really hope in the next year some monster defenseman emerges, like Jovonovski in 1994, and takes the #1 spot in the 2005 draft, just for the mental anguish it will cause these people.

The mental anguish will belong to anyone with the first pick who doesn't take Sid. They will be carried off to the "luny bin". Sid is over 6 months younger than Gretzky was when he made his big impact at WJCs. Sid may not make the same impact but he will play solid at both ends and create and finish a lot of chances.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Dr_Chimera said:
Rumours are that his father is bigfoot.

Dustin Rose:
Half man, half yeti, scoring machine.

In the off-season he devours alligators in the outback for conditioning.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Epsilon said:
I don't know man, that Alex Volchkov has some serious skills...

Yeah, I just think Bonsignore has what it takes to be great like Gretzky and Lemieux. Volchkov will be winning some Rocket Richard's though.

;)

RamczyK

Epsilon said:
Sad thing is even more posters of this type are going to be showing up over the next year and a half. Nothing against Crosby, but I really hope in the next year some monster defenseman emerges, like Jovonovski in 1994, and takes the #1 spot in the 2005 draft, just for the mental anguish it will cause these people.

Interesting. The name Vitaly Anikeenko has come up in Redline report and alludes to Anikeenko as the type that you describe. I am looking for more info on him, but have only found (with the help of Hokay) his vitals:

6'3 195 lbs. shoots: right born: 2-1-87

the shockingly advanced '87-born Russian d-man Vitaly Anikeenko, whom Red Line first noticed last December on a Russian tour through Ontario. Remember his name in '05 — he could be right behind Sidney Crosby.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/columnist/woodlief/2003-05-22-woodlief_x.htm

Last edited:

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Jeremiah said:
Interesting. The name Vitaly Anikeenko has come up in Redline report and alludes to Anikeenko as the type that you describe. I am looking for more info on him, but have only found (with the help of Hokay) his vitals:

6'3 195 lbs. shoots: right born: 2-1-87

I'll look for that Redline report...

I've heard of Anikeenko a few times. There's also a guy in the OHL named Heshmatpour (?) that is supposed to be a real monster and could be a top pick.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Sidney seems to be the next superstar in the NHL, but Ovechkin will surely make an impact next year, the chances of those 2 guys being a duet in a near future make me think that they will be the superstars in a few years!

BlackJack21

Nov 6, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:
hy guys!!!

All guys say ovechkin, but his progress is stocking..... Can he be the TOP STAR for the next 10 years or is he only an other high hyped russian, who's an egoist like bure, kovalchuk....?

...his progress is stocking...

C'mon... He is one of the top 10 players of a league that Kovalchuck was'nt able to play in at the same age!!! (My guess is that he should have been able, but he did'nt for some reason.)

...other high hyped russian, who's an egoist...

Dont you read anything about the kid!?!?!
Dont you look at the 2003 WJC?!?!?

If he is an egoist player, a lot of scouts are on a very bad track!!
That said, it coul be possible...

...who's an egoist like bure, kovalchuk....?

I'm very pissed of to hear about those 2 as they are not even close to be usefull to their team!!!

Bure is a 60 goals scorer!!! I mean 60! GOAL! SCORER!!!
Kovalchuck is the next 60 goal scorer.

BJ21

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:
sorry

He's not at the limit, but with 25 he isn't a prospect anymore. Probably a nhl star right now, but he's progress stops... cause he isn't 20. Ok he wins experience despite.....

A lot of NHL stars had there best seasons under 25 like lindros, kariya etc,...

What does that have to do with anything? Alot MORE players have had thier best seasons AFTER 25.

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
I hope at sometime some breaks Gretz's records b/c it would be extremely entertaining to see...BUT not even Mario could crack 200 pts in a season, I know 199 is pretty darn close but Gretzky did it how many times? indivdually his goal scoring and passing record could be broken but I doubt it would be by the same player, at the sametime...I was thinking about this the other day, the only record I see being safe is Mario scoring the cycle (even strength, shorthanded, powerplay, penalty shot, and empty net), the odds of a player having the opportunity to do all 5 are not even worthing trying to figure out...another one worth taking a look at is a dmen leading the league in points, that'll be a difficult record to repeat

Its way, way, way to early to consider and crosby or ovechkin as the next great one...franchise players probably, but I wouldnt jump to conclusions as them being the next hockey god...wasnt cleary putting up massive numbers in juniors?

Kovalchuk has the attitude of a winner, might not be a team player at times but so far in his nhl career he hasnt been really humbled by any nhl player...give him the puck if he wants it, he's been getting the job done pretty well

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
BMWM3owner said:
wasnt cleary putting up massive numbers in juniors?

no here are his stats:

1994-95 Belleville Bulls OHL 62 26 55 81
1995-96 Belleville Bulls OHL 64 53 62 115
1996-97 Belleville Bulls OHL 64 32 48 80
1997-98 Belleville Bulls OHL 30 16 31 47

not in my mind anything mind blowing.

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
moosefan said:
no here are his stats:

1994-95 Belleville Bulls OHL 62 26 55 81
1995-96 Belleville Bulls OHL 64 53 62 115
1996-97 Belleville Bulls OHL 64 32 48 80
1997-98 Belleville Bulls OHL 30 16 31 47

not in my mind anything mind blowing.

Not at all, sorry I dont were I picked up that line of thinking then

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
BlackJack21 said:
...his progress is stocking...

C'mon... He is one of the top 10 players of a league that Kovalchuck was'nt able to play in at the same age!!! (My guess is that he should have been able, but he did'nt for some reason.)

BJ21

Sry man but Ovechkin is defo not one of the 10 best players in the RSL!
Probably the most skilled, but not...

BlackJack21 said:
...other high hyped russian, who's an egoist...

Dont you read anything about the kid!?!?!
Dont you look at the 2003 WJC?!?!?

If he is an egoist player, a lot of scouts are on a very bad track!!
That said, it coul be possible...

...who's an egoist like bure, kovalchuk....?

I'm very pissed of to hear about those 2 as they are not even close to be usefull to their team!!!

Bure is a 60 goals scorer!!! I mean 60! GOAL! SCORER!!!
Kovalchuck is the next 60 goal scorer.

BJ21

Just an example for kovalchuk's ego... :

Before he ever played in the NHL said he, that he's the best player in the world....

Right, he'll be in the near future a 60 goals scorer!!!
But never serve 60 assists...., but a candadian player with he's sens became 60 assists....

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:
Right, he'll be in the near future a 60 goals scorer!!!
But never serve 60 assists...., but a candadian player with he's sens became 60 assists....

:dunno:
Right he'll (Kovalchuk) be, in the near future, a 60 goal scorer. But he will never have 60 assists. A Canadian player with the Sens will get 60 assists....(Spezza?)
:dunno:
confusedled

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
whlfanatic said:
Yes Gretzky was THAT GOOD. That is so ridiculous when people try to downplay Gretz. Despite what Wayne says, Sidney will NEVER break any of his records. The game will have to change alot for that to happen. Lemieux was great but still not near of what Gretzky was.

Gretzky: Average of 1.92 points/game over duration of career
Lemieux: Average of 1.91 points/game over duration of career

Gretzky: 21 NHL seasons
Lemieux: 16 NHL seasons

Gretzky: Average of 70.81 games/season

If Lemieux was healthy and averaged 70.81 games/season (and his 1.91 points/game) in his 16 NHL seasons, he'd have 2163 points (693 shy of Gretz)...

Add in 5 more NHL seasons (to reach Wayne's 21) and over those 5 seasons, Mario would have to average 138 points per season, doubtful but he'd probably be within 200 points or so.

Mario is an AMAZING talent and personally, over his entire career (if he was healthy) I'd prefer him but in Gretz's hey day, I'd prefer him.

Come on, 215 points?!? That's nuts.

But to say Mario wasn't near what Gretzky was is just as nuts.

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Schlep Rock said:
Gretzky: Average of 1.92 points/game over duration of career
Lemieux: Average of 1.91 points/game over duration of career

Gretzky: 21 NHL seasons
Lemieux: 16 NHL seasons

Gretzky: Average of 70.81 games/season

If Lemieux was healthy and averaged 70.81 games/season (and his 1.91 points/game) in his 16 NHL seasons, he'd have 2163 points (693 shy of Gretz)...

Add in 5 more NHL seasons (to reach Wayne's 21) and over those 5 seasons, Mario would have to average 138 points per season, doubtful but he'd probably be within 200 points or so.

Mario is an AMAZING talent and personally, over his entire career (if he was healthy) I'd prefer him but in Gretz's hey day, I'd prefer him.

Come on, 215 points?!? That's nuts.

But to say Mario wasn't near what Gretzky was is just as nuts.

Agreed. Or even his 199 point season in 76 games. Going by averages alone, if he would have played the final 8 games that season he would have scored about 220 points. Oh to think what might have been....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad