Who will be THE NEXT ONE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
hy guys!!!

My question is, who will be the next franchise player in the NHL???
All guys say ovechkin, but his progress is stocking..... Can he be the TOP STAR for the next 10 years or is he only an other high hyped russian, who's an egoist like bure, kovalchuk....?

My opinion is Sidney Crosby! I know he's very young but, he has the hockey sense that separated Gretzky and Mario Lemieux from the pack and he's not afraid to do what it takes to win games.

Crosby hardly has anything to prove. The player who Wayne Gretzky last summer said could some day break his scoring records has been an offensive terror this season and he excites people whenever he is on the ice.

I'm sure he'll be "THE NEXT ONE"! :rolly:

My top 3 are:

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Marc-Andre Fleury
3. Alexander Ovechkin

So what's your opinion? I would be pleased, if anyone would tell me his own opinion.

thnx

ZBORNAJA

Dec 28, 2002
Visit site
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:
. The player who Wayne Gretzky last summer said could some day break his scoring records has been an offensive terror this season and he excites people whenever he is on the ice.
thnx

NObody and i am betting all i have will ever come close to Gretzky...It wasnt that Gretzky was so so better than others it was just high scoring league then with few europeans....(wont even go in all details about goalies improvement,equpiement,training...)

Other than that Crosby and Alex will be great

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:
hy guys!!!

Hi!

THE NEXT ONE #87 said:

Datsyuk

THE NEXT ONE #87 said:
he hockey sense that separated Gretzky and Mario Lemieux from the pack and he's not afraid to do what it takes to win games.

Datsyuk again

THE NEXT ONE #87 said:
Crosby hardly has anything to prove.

Really?

THE NEXT ONE #87 said:

Welcome ;)

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Slay
he hockey sense that separated Gretzky and Mario Lemieux from the pack and he's not afraid to do what it takes to win games.

Datsjuk
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huh? ok datsjuk is a good one, but already 25 so he's at his limit. and he'll never score more than 100pts in a season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBORNAJA

NObody and i am betting all i have will ever come close to Gretzky...It wasnt that Gretzky was so so better than others it was just high scoring league then with few europeans....(wont even go in all details about goalies improvement,equpiement,training...)
ok your right!, but I think crosby will be able (if he's healthy) to score more than 140pts in a season and ovechkin can't ever reach that.

:joker:

IkeaMonkey*

Hey look, another thread assuming all Russian players will have egos and end up like Kovalchuk and Bure. Wait, Aren't/Weren't Kovalchuk and Bure Franchise players?

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
Grift69 said:
He's 25 and at his limit? HUH? :dunno:

sorry

He's not at the limit, but with 25 he isn't a prospect anymore. Probably a nhl star right now, but he's progress stops... cause he isn't 20. Ok he wins experience despite.....

A lot of NHL stars had there best seasons under 25 like lindros, kariya etc,...

KariyaIsGod*

HokEGoalie said:
Hey look, another thread assuming all Russian players will have egos and end up like Kovalchuk and Bure. Wait, Aren't/Weren't Kovalchuk and Bure Franchise players?

Uh, no.... That was never said.

IkeaMonkey*

KariyaIsGod said:
Uh, no.... That was never said.

Next One #87 said:
All guys say ovechkin, but his progress is stocking..... Can he be the TOP STAR for the next 10 years or is he only an other high hyped russian, who's an egoist like bure, kovalchuk....?

My eyes are playing tricks on me then...

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Sad thing is even more posters of this type are going to be showing up over the next year and a half. Nothing against Crosby, but I really hope in the next year some monster defenseman emerges, like Jovonovski in 1994, and takes the #1 spot in the 2005 draft, just for the mental anguish it will cause these people.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:
Huh? ok datsjuk is a good one, but already 25 so he's at his limit.

People were saying that last year too.

Development of players is obviously still a subject people are struggling with on this message board.

Pens Fan

Oct 6, 2003
Pittsburgh PA
Visit site
Just going to add my two cents here. Crosby is either the next Mario (since he is the greatest) or the next Daigle. We have a while before we find out. Fleury is amazing and might be the quickest goalie i have ever seen live and could be something special but i depends on his team how the organization keeps up. and Alex i think will be a sure fire star after a season or two. Now Kovalchuk is turning out to be a complete player. He is killing penalties adn playing in every situation. Hartley has done wonders for him and he is a great player. Datsyuk is going to be great it just takes prospects out of Detroit to develop longer because they dont bring these guys up till they are completely ready. Zetterberg and Datsyuk are going to be superstars and hudler has a chance.

And for the guy who said that Pittsburgh will end up with all 3 (Alex,Fleury,Crosby) i cant get excited this early in the afternoon. :yo:

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
The way the NHL is heading there will be on one to break Gretzky's records. It's too defensive. As far as the next is concerned I think Crosby has the best shot but he is only 16 and a lot can happen between now and when he is drafted.

Dr_Chimera*

Brock said:
Dustin Rose

Bingo. A 7-2 behemoth with the skating stride of Wojtek Wolski, shooting skills of Robbie Schremp and the hitting game of Dion Phaneuf.

Puts Crosby to shame. And in his spare time, he wrestles sumo wrestlers.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Dr_Chimera said:
Bingo. A 7-2 behemoth with the skating stride of Wojtek Wolski, shooting skills of Robbie Schremp and the hitting game of Dion Phaneuf.

Puts Crosby to shame. And in his spare time, he wrestles sumo wrestlers.

The secret was in his diet, which consists of raw meat, if I remember correctly :p

Telperiën

Nov 1, 2003
Galaxy Far Far Away
1. Ovechkin
2. Ovechkin
3. Ovechkin
4. umm... maybe Ilya.
5. Crosby :dunno:

J/K! :rolly: I honestly dunno.

Btw:
Can he be the TOP STAR for the next 10 years or is he only an other high hyped russian, who's an egoist like bure, kovalchuk....?

Very insightful... (where's that rolleyes emoticon when you need it?) I just love "egoists".

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
This should really be "Who will be THE NEXT "THE NEXT ONE"?" because we already had someone labeled as THE NEXT ONE, Eric Lindros....
And that's not even touching on THE NEXT ONENESS of Dan Cleary and Jason Spezza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->