Speculation: Who will be the Habs next coach?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Does Tony have a "scoop"?

Chris Nilan played like 8 years with Robinson
Nilan is doing 12-13 with Marinaro everyday
Easy to make a connection if we want to, but still doesn't mean anything to me than a simple opinion

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane
At this point, I trust the new leafs management more than ours (Lamoriello excluded). They are young, progressive hockey minds who embrace analytics and the modern NHL game.

The fact that they were going to hire Guy Boucher before Babcock accepted speaks volumes about Boucher.

Guy Boucher would be my pick.

In terms of the poll:
Anyone who picks #2 or #4 is obviously an idiot. I can see why people chose the popular #3, but #1 is the clear choice in this scenario.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
The truth, it's MT he's not getting fired anytime soon. No matter how bad we play. It's almost like the rope around his neck is so long he can't hang himself with it.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
It should have been the guy coaching Florida..... but we had to be sooo classy and let him leave.

Gerard Gallant...yup.

Imo, he was the real coach last season...imo.

This **** team puts more emphasis on language VS hiring the BEST COACH possible. I'm fed up. **** politics/language/PQiste/language police VS hockey/hiring the best coach possible/winning like when Bowman was coach.

Even if Therrien gets fired...another clown will be hired and it will just be a matter of time before they turn on the next clown (or Price and PK Subban will save their *** the way Price/Subban can save Therrien's ugly ***...again).

French-Quebecois coaches shouldn't be able to coach for other NHL teams. If Montreal does it to english speaking coaches...other NHL teams should not hire french-Quebecois coaches. Fair is fair.
We;re a cursed team because of all this language paranoia/crap.

And, if you're going to lose...do it right.
Bust for Auston Mathews.
Lose 10-15 in a row (Therrien will still be here!:sarcasm:).

And, wait a minute...even if we do draft Auston...his name is way too english, so the language police will **** complain.
He'll have to change his name to Austen or Austi Mathieu to wear the Bleu, Blanc, Rouge. They should remove the Rouge and just call it the Bleu et Blanc (Quebecois flag colors)...no CUP since 1993 and counting. And, PK Subban...he should change it to PQ Subban.

Great time to be a Hab fan!! Here's to more good times.

Therrien + no Price = maybe getting Austi Mathieu!

Last edited:

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
As funny as the poll is, I don't want him as the next coach. That in itself may be enough to keep Therrien around. I've said it elsewhere, but firing the coach is only half the equation. You have to have a replacement ready to go. If you relieve the whole staff, it's even more work.

At the time Therrien was hired by Bergevin there were two other names being bandied about. Hartley and Crawford. Hartley isn't going anywhere in Calgary. Crawford's been in the Swiss League, and likely has an out clause in his contract.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
We're wasting our time. It's futile.

You know they're going to hire another french-Quebecois clown to make reporters and the language police happy. (and anytime we have a good one...they let him go: Gallant, Boucher from AHL,etc).

When is the last time we were happy with a new coach and not pretending to be happy? (I can't remember...this french-coach-only policy is a ***** joke).

When Scotty Bowman was coach and winning CUP after CUP after CUP for our Habs...who was complaining like a ****?? Who?

Price will come back, but it might be too late...we'll end up 9th or 10th and not get a good 1st rnd pick:help::cry:.
(he might as well take the whole season off to heal properly or get surgery,etc).

Markov+Emelin+DD=approx.$14million:amazed::cry:...trade 'em all!!

Last edited:

knuck

On and off fan
Sponsor
Mar 26, 2006
La Prairie Beach
We're wasting our time.

You know they're going to hire another french-Quebecois clown to make reporters and the language police happy.

It's futile.

When is the last time we were happy with a new coach? (I can't remember...this french-coach-only policy is a ***** joke).

When Bowman was coach and winning CUP after CUP after CUP for our Habs...who was complaining like a ****?? Who?

Price will come back, but it might be too late...we'll end up 9th or 10th and not get a good 1st rnd pick:help::cry:.
(he might as well take the whole season off to heal properly or get surgery,etc).

Markov+Emelin+DD=approx.$14million:amazed::cry:...trade 'em all!!

Nobody because Bowman speaks french ...

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Come on, everyone knows it'll be Sylvain Lefebvre #4 because if there's anything we're sure of about Bergevin, it's that he loves leftovers.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Nobody because Bowman speaks french ...

Forgot about that...that Bowman spoke good french.
Ok good 'cause that's all that counts. Winning CUPS? No. Speaking good french. Only in Mtl.

It's only fair that we're cursed...cursed with injuries, cursed with idiot coaches who can't speak proper french/english, idiot assistant coaches, and idiot AHL coaches waiting to replace idiot #1.

Forcing someone to learn a language in order to coach the Habs...what a way to make someone despise a language...by forcing them to learn it or you won't be welcomed for the coaching job. What a **** joke. Just get a translator for **** sakes.

No CUP since 1993 and counting, but we've had french speaking coaches ever since, so again...that's all that counts.

Get it over with and just call the team what it should be called... Montreal Francophones. Or, Les Francophones de Montreal. No more Bleu, Blanc, Rouge...just Bleu et Blanc (like Les Nordiques).

I really wish other NHL teams boycotted french-Quebecois coaches...just to give the finger to Montreal and their ***** stupid moronic language policy. If Montreal does it, other teams should pull the same crap on french-Quebecois coaches to show them how stupid this whole **** language thing is.

Hire the best coach? No. Just hire any french-Quebecois moron/clown that is available.

Go Habs Go!! (Mario Tremblay, Michel Therrien...what clown is next? Gaston Therrien as PP coach...water boy?!:sarcasm:).

Last edited:

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Voted Lefebvre #3 because he's the Lefebvre who could bring this team to the next level, unlike the other Lefebvres. :laugh:

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I really wish other NHL teams boycotted french-Quebecois coaches...just to give the finger to Montreal and their ***** stupid moronic language policy...

The coaches that don't speak a word of English... They never work in the NHL, so the other teams are doing that.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Chris Nilan played like 8 years with Robinson
Nilan is doing 12-13 with Marinaro everyday
Easy to make a connection if we want to, but still doesn't mean anything to me than a simple opinion

That's not an opinion, that's knowledge

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
At this point, I trust the new leafs management more than ours (Lamoriello excluded). They are young, progressive hockey minds who embrace analytics and the modern NHL game.

The fact that they were going to hire Guy Boucher before Babcock accepted speaks volumes about Boucher.

Guy Boucher would be my pick.

In terms of the poll:
Anyone who picks #2 or #4 is obviously an idiot. I can see why people chose the popular #3, but #1 is the clear choice in this scenario.

Bolded: What?

They never made Boucher an offer from what I know. They were interviewing him along with Babcock weren't they?

Unless there's a source saying otherwise I kind of feel that's like saying we would've hired McGuire until Bergevin accepted the job.

I thought we got an analytics guy recently too?

Edit: Found story. They wanted Babcock and Boucher was their plan B.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad