Who will be the best player to come out of the 2014 draft?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I was so torn on him as a player, I think hes awesome and I have compared him to Iginla in the past, but I didn't want him with our 4th overall pick.

Well then you were wrong my friend, we should of took Ritchie over Bennett. Ritchie outplayed him for team Canada, clearly that means he's the better player long term.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I'm not saying for sure hes going to be the best, but I really like his style of play and I would be ecstatic if he was in my organization.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I was hoping we'd get the 7th OA from Carolina, but you can't fault them for not biting. I think they want to see if Ward can bounce back. I think his prime years are over though, he already had them early in his career (which is pretty odd).

At 7th OA, would have loved Fleury/Ritchie.

At 12th OA, I would have loved Tuch/Perlini.

chubeyr

Aug 19, 2005
I chose Nick Ritchie. He is a beast in junior and in the NHL will still be a beast. You cant teach size!

The German Edmonton got is intriguing too. Boom or bust player in my eyes though. Wasn't a bad pick, just a lot of risk.

Bennett will be a player in the NHL. I just see him on our 3rd line! I would love to be wrong, he lacks size as an NHL Center. I love his game, think he will be a Stephan Yelle for us in the future.

I would also like to add, he would be a second line center if not for our 2015 draft lol. We get our number one center here. Monohan is on the second line. Bennett will be an elite 3rd line center on a really good team. Fans will love him.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I chose Nick Ritchie. He is a beast in junior and in the NHL will still be a beast. You cant teach size!

The German Edmonton got is intriguing too. Boom or bust player in my eyes though. Wasn't a bad pick, just a lot of risk.

Bennett will be a player in the NHL. I just see him on our 3rd line! I would love to be wrong, he lacks size as an NHL Center. I love his game, think he will be a Stephan Yelle for us in the future.

I would also like to add, he would be a second line center if not for our 2015 draft lol. We get our number one center here. Monohan is on the second line. Bennett will be an elite 3rd line center on a really good team. Fans will love him.

I would be ****ing pissed if Bennet maxed out as an "Elite 3rd liner"

May 27, 2012
Earth
holy bias.

top 5 from this draft:
1-ekblad
2-reinhart
3-fleury
4-bennett
5-scherbak

hm goldobin + virtanen

What do you except? Each team has their fair share of homers! :sarcasm:

Seriously though, I don't go on the Avs boards and point out everybody's bias for the their team. That is just dumb. Of course there will will always bias/biases.Make sure you take off your dunce cap before making a post in another teams board.

Last edited:

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I'm sure he could moved to wing.

Who do you guys think will be the better player between Bennett and Klimchuk?

Bennett with ease as he simply possesses a more dynamic skillset. Neither player has an overwhelming weakness within their games but Sam's strengths are far more prevalent on a shift to shift - game to game basis.

I personally feel as if Bennett is starting to get a tad bit under appreciated by our fanbase because he may not make an immediate impact at the NHL level.

danmcd15

Jul 11, 2014
Bennett with ease as he simply possesses a more dynamic skillset. Neither player has an overwhelming weakness within their games but Sam's strengths are far more prevalent on a shift to shift - game to game basis.

I personally feel as if Bennett is starting to get a tad bit under appreciated by our fanbase because he may not make an immediate impact at the NHL level.

Absolutely. I checked out the Edmonton thread on drafting Draisaitl and it was literally a discussion about Bennett and how the majority of fans felt they lost the better player. Most agreed they don't need another small, skilled centre (not that Bennett will be small in a few years) but to compliment RNH, Draisaitl may be a better fit. Some actually admitted "Calgary got a good one, nothing we can do," so to speak.

Sam Bennett will not be a career third liner in the NHL.... Jesus. He may play a season or two in that role in the coming years and I'm sure because of that many of you will have that set as his ceiling. He is like a Duchene, Couture mix with a ceiling potentially even higher. Very low bust potential with that competitiveness.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

I'm very high on Bennett, I don't think he will be any worse than a 2nd line player. He has a really good shot of becoming a top line guy, but depending on what happens with our center situation (ie. Backlund, Janko) he could potentially be moved to wing?

I am also very high on Klimchuk and I personally think he will be a better all around player than Poirier. But they are hard to compare because they are very different players. I think Klimchuk is quickly closing the gap on Sven in our organization and I think he could also develop anywhere from being a top line winger, to a 3rd line winger.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Klimchuk is a middle 6er, I think he will be another Curtis Glencross for us (shot wise), but I love his upside.

Bennett vs Klimchuk? I pick Bennett easily. But no knock on Klimchuk, I still like that prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad