Speculation: Who thinks the Flyers are going to get offer sheeted?

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I'm not very worried. We have the money to match any sheet, even a stupid one.

We'd have the choice ultimately.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm not very worried. We have the money to match any sheet, even a stupid one.

We'd have the choice ultimately.

Provy or TK may not want to even take the risk signing an offersheet from a team they ultimately don't want to play for. Especially if they are confident their deals with the Flyers will get done in due time and will be market value.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Not a fan of picks compensation at this time. 2 years ago: yes. Trade if you cant agree. Return for Provorov via trade would be massive.

kostas

Jul 18, 2018
i think the flyers have enough cap space to scare off teams from going after konecny or provorov. I think laughton is a little underated, and it wouldn't surprise me to see a team throw 3 million a year at him. This would be a problem for the flyers to match imo

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
i think the flyers have enough cap space to scare off teams from going after konecny or provorov. I think laughton is a little underated, and it wouldn't surprise me to see a team throw 3 million a year at him. This would be a problem for the flyers to match imo
At 3 million OS...we would get a 2nd in return. I would take the pick and move on. He is our 4th line C for likely 1 more year then getting moved anyway.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
The pick compensation comes from a direct result of the teams position after the season like normal right?

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I’m surprised at that Aho contract. It’s not nearly high enough to not be matched.

If that’s the best the league could do, I’m not worried about offer sheets. Sanheim was the only eligible RFA on the Flyers that offers similar value to Aho.

kostas

Jul 18, 2018
The pick compensation comes from a direct result of the teams position after the season like normal right?
Yes it based on the normal rules. So the teams that need help the most, are more likely to give up better draft picks than teams that are good already

Reactions: Defect

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I’m surprised at that Aho contract. It’s not nearly high enough to not be matched.

If that’s the best the league could do, I’m not worried about offer sheets. Sanheim was the only eligible RFA on the Flyers that offers similar value to Aho.

Sanheim’s current value is well below Aho’s

Provorov’s value is in between, but maybe Bergevin offer sheets him when Carolina matches. He’s obviously very aggressive about getting better quickly.

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
By value I mean market value and we know what that is.

2 x $3.25m versus 5 x $8.45m

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad