Who slows down Marchand, Bergeron & Pastrnak in the Playoffs?

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Leafs have targeted Pasta which has shut him down. Marchy has been a turnover machine hes shut himself down at this point.

I don’t see it the same as you. Marchand has been consistent and has responded to the Leafs strong team defense by pushing forward, trying to make things happen, playing clean and keeping his emotions in check.

Leafs have forced turnovers, and Marchand is staying the course. He’s a skill player, that’s just smart.

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
I think Boston is smartest to keep Pasta off of the top line. It makes it easier on Babcock to manage his lines and d pairings when they are all together. Muzzin has done a good job of knocking pasta off the puck and they have been checking marchand well. Last night showed when you move him with krejci the leafs don't have enough defensively to stay with both lines now that Kadri is out.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Leafs have targeted Pasta which has shut him down. Marchy has been a turnover machine hes shut himself down at this point.
Fortunately they turned it around last night.

Force Toronto to play conservative not physical and this line will explode again. I hope last night was a start and I hope Bergeron is not injured too badly.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
This thread has aged well- it was a bit arrogant, a bit assumptive, and has now looked both good and bad. Just kinda an interesting question. Who shuts down TB's top line? Who stops Crosby? Like, you wouldn't think these things would happen, but.. they do. Good narrative, glad OP brought it up. Best series so far, looking forward to the rest of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad