GDT: Who pulled the fire alarm? FA day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I'll add Goligoski as a prediction. No Hamilton, and with Barrie, Yandle, and Suter off the market he makes sense as a medium range 1-year contract for the PP. Although it sounds like Minnesota may be the destination for Goligoski.

I missed it where is Barrie going?

I wouldn't have minded him...but not as a pp1 qb. iirc his offense is mostly at 5v5. Adding Barrie and ADA could've worked for a shot in the arm at 5v5 and the pp.

Slavin - ? (Barrie)? --how bad is his defense compared to Hamboy?...someone probably has a nice comparison tool
Skjei - Pesce
?? - ADA

Can Hankypanky play offside? ....After thinking I'd love him when he came here I felt like he let me down a little bit. Although, he did score as many goals as Fleury last year in 8% of the games.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I missed it where is Barrie going?

I wouldn't have minded him...but not as a pp1 qb. iirc his offense is mostly at 5v5. Adding Barrie and ADA could've worked for a shot in the arm at 5v5 and the pp.

Slavin - ? (Barrie)? --how bad is his defense compared to Hamboy?...someone probably has a nice comparison tool
Skjei - Pesce
?? - ADA

Can Hankypanky play offside? ....After thinking I'd love him when he came here I felt like he let me down a little bit. Although, he did score as many goals as Fleury last year in 8% of the games.

3yr/4.5m per w/ EDM which seems like a decent deal

Reactions: Stickpucker

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Hey look! More dumpster goalies! f***ing awesome!

Hope you make them look stupid ned.

In before Raanta / Anderson and needing to call up the zamboni driver.

Oooh Oooh what about mrazek Anderson. That's an epic upgrade. Make a splash!

Reactions: DaveG

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I don't HATE the idea of Andersen and maybe behind a better defense than he had in Toronto he'll pick his game back up. And really only last year was he below average in sv%

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I’m OK with Andersen.

I think he’s better than he’s shown in TOR and now he’ll “probably” have a much better D in front of him. Whatever the term and aav are will be key here. It certainly shouldn’t be anything close to what he was making and should also not be for more than 2yrs.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
3yr/4.5m per w/ EDM which seems like a decent deal

Call up your boy and let him know it's colder than a witch's tit up there and he'd be better served enjoying himself on a nice hike in the mountains or at the beach. I'm sure ol' turtleneck can swing 4.5. That 1/2 of a Hamboy!

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Andersen did have some pretty good years in front of some crummy Toronto defenses. If he can get healthy, I think he will do well for us.

Reactions: AD Skinner

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
3 years ago i would have been fine with this bit of news.

His last two seasons have been rather... Shocking. And trending the wrong way.

Maybe he can turn it around behind a decent defense but I'm not banking on it.

anyone have his numbers like goals saved above expected on hand to share?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad