Who on your team can not buy a goal?

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
Thread starts and ends with Brendan Gaunce.
It started with Benden Leipsic though...
Just a thought I had, what players just can not seem to buy a goal.

For Vegas it has to Brenden Leipsic, the man does everything you could ask, gets in good position, gets shots on net, but just can't seem to beat the goalies.

Who else is there that has been playing really well but can't seem to score.

Reactions: hangman005

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Nylander and Marner's 5v5 ES SH% is due for a major regression to the mean. They are shooting like 2.5% on ES. I am surprised that the Leafs have so many goals despite Nylander and Marner not really contributing as much as they can.

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
Even though Tarasenko has 13 goals, he is shooting well below his norm (currently 10.7%; was 13.6%-14% the past three years) and hitting a ton of posts. Perhaps as a result, he has been pressing pretty hard the past several games and has missed a few open nets.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Hyman.

The guy usually gets 1-2 clean breaks a game, plus a half dozen slot setups from Matthews but couldn't bury the puck into a wide open net if his life depending on it. He shoots like he has bricks for hands.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Zetterberg hasn't scored in 21 games. Longest streak of his career without a goal

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
For the Lightning, it's gotta be Callahan. He works his butt off, creates great chances, is playing some good solid hockey except that the dang puck won't go in!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Alex Iafallo, Tanner Pearson. Luckily both got one in the last couple of games or they were staring down the barrel of 1-2% shooting.

Iafallo often gets the third assist due to his relentless play, but it's shocking that he hasn't scored more. He has a killer shot and release, Quick talked about his release a lot during camp. I guess he hasn't gotten to demonstrate it off the rush much yet like he did last night. He still seems to be learning to get it off in traffic better.

Pearson's just been mostly snakebitten all year in comparison to last. He's gotten more breakaways than anyone on the team and he's hit posts, butt ends, and everything but the net for the most part.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Alex Iafallo, Tanner Pearson. Luckily both got one in the last couple of games or they were staring down the barrel of 1-2% shooting.

Iafallo often gets the third assist due to his relentless play, but it's shocking that he hasn't scored more. He has a killer shot and release, Quick talked about his release a lot during camp. I guess he hasn't gotten to demonstrate it off the rush much yet like he did last night. He still seems to be learning to get it off in traffic better.

Pearson's just been mostly snakebitten all year in comparison to last. He's gotten more breakaways than anyone on the team and he's hit posts, butt ends, and everything but the net for the most part.
this

feel so bad for both of them. iafallo just isn't getting shots and pearson is getting all the shots but getting stoned by backups playing out of their minds

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Dylan Larkin. 3rd on the team in shots, 10th in goals. Shooting below 6%. Missed a ton of breakaways and grade A chances the last few weeks, along with some posts.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Dunno if the stats support this, but I'd say Sam Reinhart or Kyle Okposo on the Sabres. Both guys seems to get to the right spots, but tend to bumble passes or miss the wide open net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad