Who on your team can not buy a goal?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Jason Chimera.

Guy isn't very fast anymore :help:

Chimera is still pretty fast but it is sort of disappointing his goal totals. Not that I expected him to get 20 goals again but one would hope he could get like 10-15ish before the season(which is still not out of the question given a good streak of a few games he can be up to like 5 goals)

Maybe Chimera's 20 last season was a testament to how good Ladd(his linemate for the bulk of the season last year) is opening up ice for other players. While Ladd is not racking up points this year both Eberle and Barzal seem to benefit from him going to the net reeking havoc.

Chrisinroch

Jan 5, 2013
The Golden Triangle
Koivu is totally snakebit. Prime, between the dots, scoring chances, PP time....he just cannot buy a goal. Now he’s frequently missing the net trying to pick a spot. At least he’s still shooting rather than passing grade A chances up.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Cam Atkinson. 3 points since signing his contract extension on November 17th. 95 percent going to be a healthy scratch tonight against AZ.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
One name came up in my mind : Max Pacioretty.

On pace for 21 goals. Might be a little more than a few guys in this thread, but far from his usual 35 goals season.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Rick Nash

Historys-Vikings-Season-4-Part-2-Episode-15-All-His-Angels-recap-Ragnar-Lothbrok-in-the-snake-pit-far-away-670x388.jpg

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Dylan Larkin and Anthony Mantha. Their entire line dominates every night but they are completely snake bitten. They generate so many chances though, which is a good sign. Would like to see them bury some of them at some point.

Honestly I'm just happy Larkin looks like an actual center. Good 200ft game already too... His development since last year completely caught me off guard and I am pleasantly surprised

Reactions: turkleton85

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Definitely Byfuglien.

Goals scored: 0
Goaltenders injured by his shot: 1. I mean Jesus, Montoya disappeared from the face of the earth. Not a single update of the guy since he was out in early November. For all we know, Buff ended the guys career.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Gaunce has great possession metrics and constantly gets difficult zone usage. Not to mention he's never had any time with any actual offensively skilled players and last year he was averaging very little ice time.

He does everything right but score. Somebody on our board said something along the lines of how it's easy to tell someone's understanding of hockey by what they think of Gaunce and I think that's absolutely spot on.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Sabres...Everyone on D. 1 goal from the entire D to date.

As for forwards Eichel stands out with his below average shooting %. Seems to be missing by a smidgeon this year. Hit the post tonight, game before last he hit the top of the goalies stick, and the game before that didn't quite trickle under the pads. It's a bit shocking to me that he has 0 PPGs this season.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
Dylan Larkin and Anthony Mantha. Their entire line dominates every night but they are completely snake bitten. They generate so many chances though, which is a good sign. Would like to see them bury some of them at some point.

Honestly I'm just happy Larkin looks like an actual center. Good 200ft game already too... His development since last year completely caught me off guard and I am pleasantly surprised

Zetterberg these days only seems to score on lucky bounces and had a 22 (?) game goal drought

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Oilers price for a goal against Vezina caliber goalies is 1 dollar.

Against no name backups. 10 million.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad