No shutdown D lines

No PP

No PK

Too many passengers

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Lots of things wrong and not sure where to start...

I guess try Hellebuyck but what happens if after a few games he still isn't delivering?

That's when it becomes a true rebuild... not much else can save this. Why was I lead to believe we had such good depth lol?

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
No scoring depth

One left side D

Weak goaltending

No shutdown D lines

No PP

No PK

Too many passengers

Yup, Jets will finish the season as a bottom 5 team! Really good goaltending masked a lot of problems last season.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I'm getting really concerned here. This team just doesn't seem to have the same jam as last year. Only a handful of players are playing with the same killer instinct. It needs to turn around fast.

I wouldn't mind a reload/retool year. Move some of the vets. Fix some of the holes, and have another good draft.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Uhm yeah it won't. Some have pointed out the issues that are easy to see; but most of the post are about singling out so and so player/s... issues are deep and clear.

Certain players have to go, and those players are really good players actually.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I've been calling for Vincent's removal every season after the 1st.

Would like to get a real NHL goalie coach and have Flaherty removed from his role in the organization before he gets near Helle. I guess there aren't many Stephane Waites and Mitch Korns on the unemployed goalie coach lines.

Not likely to happen.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...-coaches-re-sign-with-the-team-311569901.html

This team needs a shakeup but honestly Chevy just hasn't provided the horses to run and Maurice seems to have badly judged some talent. Spouting off how Adam Lowry will be shutting down other teams top centre icemen and 1/4 into the season he is playing 4th line wing.:shakehead

I don't put a lot of stock in what coaches say publicly about a player. A good coach will be supportive and encouraging in public, and save the lambasting for private. The fact that he is now on the 4th line, with Armia called up, tells me Lowry is the next forward scheduled for a lovely view from on high.

I do agree with your assessment of our assistants. Vincent, Huddy and Flaherty are the weakest link, IMO. And Sip, if you want to talk about PoMo's overall record, look at the losers he has taken on during his career. It's like the poor guy is always in the wrong place at the wrong time, and doesn't have the sense to say no to trying to salvage a train wreck.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Yup, Jets will finish the season as a bottom 5 team! Really good goaltending masked a lot of problems last season.

Yes, it absolutely did. Hutch in the first half, and a spectacularly out of the norm stretch from Pav toward the end. And even with that, it took some hellafail from the Kings to allow us in.

And then came Anaheim. Wow, were we put in our place. It showed us as the team we were. Bust your ass for 60 minutes focusing on defense, and you might luck out a win but sooner or later, the luck runs out.

I think PoMo recognized that, and tried a new system this year that attempted a better balance between offense and defense. The question that I can't answer is, did he bring in a flawed system, or a good system that many of our players can't adapt to?

I will leave that question to our members with a much better understanding of the game than I have.

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
El Capitain

Ladd penalty 14 seconds before it was called at t 9:14 for those who want to review right after it was called they were showing Ladd and then cut to the bench count to see how many pissed off players on the bench there were.

We lost again, starting to get used to being a fan following of a bunch of Losers!

I am guilty like the most of you, winning is everything and losing we complain so much harder, cest la vie!

In all fairness it wasn't that bad of a game other than not scoring more. Or not letting being scored on is maybe more important for this team but lets be serious its not like Maurice or the Jets read this site as old faithful...

Yes Chevy hardly ever does things and its painful but as a former Manitoban living near TO well I've seen and heard from broken hearted leaf fans about having bare cupboards and nothing to show for it so in order for one day (if I'm still alive) ( for there are a lot of Jets fans who have passed over already I know a lot of them one I use to call Dad) in order to win our first Stanley well so be patient and do not lose leaf our future away Chevy do not follow TO.... continue to hardly do anything until its right

Connor H our future saviour could be a game changer but that's a lot of pressure on such a talented young man, hopefully God willing since he is a Jets fan btw, Connor may just be the right soul that saves our team at the right time and carry this team on a very long winning streak. (Dreaming, and they cant tax it ; ) yet!

Please keep in mind I have been up since 6:30 am and now its after midnight and I worked a grueling 13.5 hr day outside.

Life is tough being a professional hockey person eh!!!!

But its us hard working stiffs that pay their millions, do they even know what a real hard ****** physical feet sinking in the mud 6 inches with freezing rain working physically non stop at 51 for 13.5 hrs and if I make a grueling mistake I could wipe off the map a couple of city blocks. I think not tho to be fair I have never walked in their skates either.

Is it considered work if all they do is play hockey....?

Toughen up my dear Winnipeg Jets (players coaches management) Please....

Start being more like your hardworking fans and stop giving up and begin to believe there is a lot more...................................................

They have know Idea how truly lucky they really are.

Its to bad our world, our maybe I should say my world is to live or die by my favorite professional sports team, its kind of really sad if you ponder that to much.

And to those of you who have thought already that I should just shut up and go to bed well your absolutely right you been right all the time you've been absolutely right and I was wrong!

Cheers fellow Jets Fans and Goodnight!

Go Jets Go!

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Hutch was once the beloved saviour, now it's time to move along...

Hutch's LAST 8 games he is 1-6-1 with a GAA of 3.90 and a SVP of .832

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm getting really concerned here. This team just doesn't seem to have the same jam as last year. Only a handful of players are playing with the same killer instinct. It needs to turn around fast.

I wouldn't mind a reload/retool year. Move some of the vets. Fix some of the holes, and have another good draft.

I wouldn't underestimate the importance of good leadership. How can Ladd lead a team when he's likely going to walk. There is no leadership in this situation.

Probably naive to think that a guy's going to take the honour of being a captain into consideration when heading into contract talks. Its becoming a distraction to say the least as this continues on.

Its especially annoying given the (lack of) contribution Ladd made in the playoffs last year.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Its to bad our world, our maybe I should say my world is to live or die by my favorite professional sports team, its kind of really sad if you ponder that to much.

And to those of you who have thought already that I should just shut up and go to bed well your absolutely right you been right all the time you've been absolutely right and I was wrong!

Cheers fellow Jets Fans and Goodnight!

Go Jets Go!

Hi Al,

I think a lot of us have been in your headspace at this moment, and nobody thinks you should shut up. Apathy is the easy road, being a fan is hard. Stay being a fan, and keep that good thought that better days will come. :yo:

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Hi Al,

I think a lot of us have been in your headspace at this moment, and nobody thinks you should shut up. Apathy is the easy road, being a fan is hard. Stay being a fan, and keep that good thought that better days will come. :yo:

nobody important

I think you should change that to ( I matter and so do you!)

you are very kind soul and I lied about going to bed tho now its time way past time again thanks.

You're Pal Al...

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Truth and hard hitting fact, these aren't the old Jets trying to over come the 80's Oilers and secondary flames with no resources.

Take a look at the hockey players that came out of Winnipeg since we lost the Jets, they knew there were some ass kickers out there that had to be beat.

We as fans(a lot have played hockey here) know the basics of hockey and we get better by seeing better and getting our ***** kicked by better.

Time is done as far as I'm concerned for "pro: getting pro salaries" with out serious job cares.

I don't see our team as bad as they are, with the players we have. There's an issues only the "Now The Owners have to fix"

Now' I'll go back to tool'bag Gifs.... k thx

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Maybe not, but we need to try something different... what we've been doing ain't working. Hutch was not good tonight...goaltending did lose us this game.

Some people say that EVERY time we lose. We gave up 15 SOG in the 1st period alone. Goaltending didn't win that game for us but it didn't lose it either.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
dudley.png

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Jets played pretty well. Lots of over-reaction on here as expected. On the right track and Helly will be our number one soon enough.

It isn't that good goaltending masks problems, it's that good goaltending is essential to winning in this league. You can't win consistently without it.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
You know what? Like drinking before noon, I think there should be a rule that you can't talk about tanking until Christmas. If we can string together 3 or 4 wins in a row, we're back in it. I think we're still in the hunt, after less than sober second thought.

More like 7-8 wins in a row. I don't believe that any of the teams ahead of us will have a stretch like the Jets November.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
OK, so things ain't looking so good right now but we're still locked in for that Stanley Cup in 2019 right?

...right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad