Post-Game Talk: Who Needs Moar Goals? - Jets Win 1-0

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
No, Buff was on the left side on the play he's thinking of and he's right, it wasn't a very good decision. Nothing like the play on the Connor turnover, which wasn't on him, the other was though.

And to be fair, if we're behind we want him trying to make the play at the blueline. I just don't like the situational awareness there.

Reactions: Ducky10

TheRocketFlash

Feb 17, 2010
Below the Border
Canucks have anemic offensive with exception of Horvat and Boeser. The Sedin twins look like they are ready to retire soon

Of course they are. They were drafted 2nd and 3rd overall the year this franchise drafted Patrik Stefan first overall in the 1999 entry draft. Fast forward 19 years and yes, they have lost a step...

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
reflecting upon last nights game... I have never been more relaxed in a long legged 1 point game before. Hellboy looked so comfortable in the crease and with his game and was tracking the puck so well I actually felt like there was no way he was letting something in. You really get the sense Maurice has everyone on this team pulling in the same direction and I think its really exposing Buff's dumb/selfish plays. I hope buff sorts his shit out or we off load him. Either way I've never felt so confident in the jets before its a scrumptious sensation.

Reactions: Flair Hay

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I actually managed to catch this game (stupid work getting in the way) and anyone else think that Ehlers couldve had a couple goals last night? The last few games he has been flying and having good chances but seems to be snake bitten :(. Also Laines skating looks so effortless for a big guy. If you compare him to a guy like Armia (not as big but still) you can tell Armia is putting in an effort whereas Laine gets the same speed and looks like hes just out for a leisurely skate.
Yes to both for me. They both look like they are taking big steps forward with what each of them needs. Ehlers is flying and learning to look around for a play at breakneck speed, and Laine is learning to use his body and his finesse in the NHL.

Those two are incredibly fun to watch grow.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I was surprised when Helle didnt freeze the puck after skating out so far.

I was even more surprised that the Sportsnet crew didnt pick up on that as a point of discussion.

Good thing to be able to followup on the HF Boards where it is seen as an obvious point of discussion.

Last edited:

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Then remember our best current forward (Wheeler) wasn't even a part of his core listed :thumbu:

Our forward situation is ridiculously good right now.

Not just forwards, our third defensive pairing could be a secondary pairing on quite a lot of teams. And our goalie situation is looking great as well!

My moment of the game was Shelly’s dive save, oh la la! He grinned so much under his helmet when the crowd cheered him on after that save.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I was even more surprised that the Sportsnet crew didnt pick up on that as a point of discussion.

Good thing to be able to followup on the HF Boards where it is seen as an obvious point of discussion.

He tried to get his glove on it but missed the first grab and had it taken away before he could get another shot at it.

Reactions: Jets 31

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
He tried to get his glove on it but missed the first grab and had it taken away before he could get another shot at it.
Oh ok cuz there was talk that he was trying to avoid a delay of game penalty. Which would be too much to process too quickly for him. Now it makes sense.

Maxfli

Nov 20, 2016
Winnipeg
The last 4 games the Jets have faced some very good goal tending.
Dubnyk .919 ytd 970 against the jets
Glass .905 - 969
Smith .925-971
Nilsson .906-.972

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014

I think he was worried about a delay of game penalty if he'd covered it way out there:

Rule 63.2:

"If a goalkeeper comes out of his crease to “cut down the angle” on a shot and after making the save covers the puck, this shall be legal. If the goalkeeper races out of his crease in an attempt to beat the attacking player to the puck and instead of playing the puck jumps on the puck causing a stoppage of play, this shall be a minor penalty for delay of game."

Reactions: ocdaddy and Ducky10

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
The guy next to me at the games calls Frenchie "yard sale" since he plays like hes having a fire sale on his limbs hahahaha.
Its caught on and now a bunch of us all call him that.... our security girl says we are all ******ed lol
Didn't Maurice (or Noel maybe) once describe Perrault's typically shift as "taking off full blast from the bench and coming back missing half his equipment"?

Reactions: Tommigun

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
He wasn't pinching, he was rotating. If Connor turns it up, then Buff rotates back. If Connor makes the pass to Buff (which he should have) then either Buff moves in (and Connor stays put) or Buff moves back to the point for a shot (and Connor moves up)

It's standard rotations. If Buff stays put, then he is not a pass option for Connor as they are both in the same place.

It was just an unfortunate error by a great young player at an inopportune time which never cost us anyway. People just need an excuse to piss on Buff because it is his turn this year with Stuart gone.

I think that is not what happened. It was clear that Connor was not looking to switch places with Buff, but instead he was immediately "moving on", cutting to the center. I get what you are talking about the cycle, but it didn't look like that was what he was doing. Buff remaining where he was would not have meant that both Connor and Buff are at the same position.

Again, not pissing on Buff because he would not have made a difference either way. However, Buff should be pissed on accordingly when he goes full offense in situations where that is an unnecessary risk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad