Who is your favorite Cane?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
To answer this seriously, it’s most likely Eric Belanger.

Probably the Cane player I hated the most. Belanger clearly didn't want to be here when he was traded here and played like he didn't give a shit. I remember him taking a slap shot from a ways out on a penalty shot/shoot out attempt. Ian White is another that fits the bill.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
How has nobody said Chad LaRose?

This is actually my serious answer. I loved the energy he played with, and though he was put in a position to play well over his head (and his career suffered for it), he'll always be one of my favorites.

I remember one game at home (against Vancouver, maybe?) where LaRose was on the penalty kill, and basically singlehandily kept it in their zone for his shift. Crowd was going nuts, and John and Tripp said something about how LaRose was a player that really fed off the crowd.

Brindamour and Francis are a close 2nd/3rd. Never took shifts off, just went out and did their jobs quietly and effectively.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
How has nobody said Chad LaRose?
Because I only just now saw this topic. The guy had such an infectious energy, I don’t think he ever took a shift off. He also want afraid to go after guys twice his size. Every single game he played against Boston, he was giving Chara seven kinds of hell.

And he did have some skill, too. Not a lot, but this is my all time favorite hurricanes goal.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Josef Melichar... already mentioned damn

Michael Leighton? Tim Conboy? Chris Terry? Mike Komisarek?

Christ there are some bad names

Yep, so many bad names it's no wonder the playoff drought is as long as it is.

Also, wow I forgot about Komisarek. Was excited to get him because we needed all the blue line help we could get. Dude was done a long time ago.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
This is actually my serious answer. I loved the energy he played with, and though he was put in a position to play well over his head (and his career suffered for it), he'll always be one of my favorites.

I don't think his career suffered for it, in fact, I think his career was better because of it. If he hadn't been continuously put on the top line, there's no way he scores 19 two different times and no way he gets a couple of $3.4M contracts.

Maybe fan perception of him suffered, but he was an undrafted guy with marginal talent that turned it into an 8 year NHL career making almost $10M along the way. Him getting put on those top positions allowed him to score more goals and is why he got his two bigger contracts.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I don't think his career suffered for it, in fact, I think his career was better because of it. If he hadn't been continuously put on the top line, there's no way he scores 19 two different times and no way he gets a couple of $3.4M contracts.

Maybe fan perception of him suffered, but he was an undrafted guy with marginal talent that turned it into an 8 year NHL career making almost $10M along the way. Him getting put on those top positions allowed him to score more goals and is why he got his two bigger contracts.

I dunno. It might even out in the end. Its true that he did put up more points in the top 6, but I'd say his career was shortened by the decision to put him there. He was a very effective 3rd/4th liner, and probably could have remained as such for years longer than his Top 6 stint

Instead, he was put into a role he wasn't suited for, which projected him as a less effective player, and ultimately caused them to not renew his contract, which led to his departure from the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad