Who is your favorite Cane?

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Is porcine a regular part of your vocabulary?

I'd say so, when the context calls for it.

Given the times I hang out with him even at trivia, yes. It's not that much of an abnormal word.

And yes, I don't see it as that random or rare a word to use. :sueme:

And what are you trying to say here, Dave? Accusing me of being "high-falutin'" as my in-laws might say? :p: (Besides we both know that I can and do cuss like a sailor to make up for it)

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
B04F190A-CD8A-41A7-8F70-F418D106AEB1.jpeg

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Let's do this for real this time.

Joni Pitkänen.

Wasn't his fault that he was playing way too much every night. Also the way his career ended was pretty darn horrible.
Joni was a really nice guy who got a bad rap for absolutely no reason. That injury was horrifying, and he deserves all the credit in the world for attempting a comeback. Playing three games in a major league after your foot was completely shattered is incredible.

My favorite Joni anecdote has to be Dennis Seidenberg making a dumb play and giving the puck up, and some idiot a few rows back from me yells sarcastically “Oh, great job Pitkanen!”

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Given the times I hang out with him even at trivia, yes. It's not that much of an abnormal word.

And what are you trying to say here, Dave? Accusing me of being "high-falutin'" as my in-laws might say? :p: (Besides we both know that I can and do cuss like a sailor to make up for it)

Pshh... maybe not that abnormal for you pig f***ers. Can I say that?

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
Joni was a really nice guy who got a bad rap for absolutely no reason. That injury was horrifying, and he deserves all the credit in the world for attempting a comeback. Playing three games in a major league after your foot was completely shattered is incredible.

My favorite Joni anecdote has to be Dennis Seidenberg making a dumb play and giving the puck up, and some idiot a few rows back from me yells sarcastically “Oh, great job Pitkanen!”

A buddy and I went to a pre game skate. After most of the players were off the ice, Joni was skating around with the puck. Coach Rowe was walking around kicking pucks. My buddy yells "Shoot the puck, Joni". Rowe laughed his ass off

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

It's a questionable thread to mention seamen.

StiffSquid

Nov 17, 2016
North Carolina

Yeah every time I met him he would not stop talking lol. Probably had a lot to do with the fact that I'm a finn in North Carolina , you don't have too many of us here.

I think the biggest problem with Joni for quite a few Canes fans was WHO they traded away to get him. Irrational hate.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Alexandre Picard. Guy gave it his all. So glad we stole him from the Sens.

No my serious answer is Jaccob Slavin. The second C is for quality. He is a Christian, which doesn't affect his on-ice play but I respect it. My pal Sheldon saw Slavin at a grocery store with his wife and introduced himself. He said Slavin hid some of his things from Sheldon and said he was embarrassed to be seen buying some junk food. He is a very rare breed of a player who is incredibly good at hockey, but considers hockey secondary to other parts of his life, which I respect.

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
2) Rod the bod
3.) The Wizard
4) Ronnie Franchise
5.) Scottie Walker / O-Dog

#1 will always be Joe Corvo. I loved that dude, I wear #77 at Men's League and guys are asking me if it's for Bourque or Coffey, and when I tell them it's Corvo, they're a little perplexed.

Anybody remember the hat trick he scored against the Senators in Raleigh? That was a magical game .

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Ha, so many great names from the past. For me the answer is easy though since I have never really closely followed the team until the past few years. I'll go with Sebastian Aho. He reminds me so much of young Saku Koivu and has shades of Zetterberg. One of my favorite players and the reason why I follow this organization. Of course I can only but hope he'll be worthy of being one of the greatest Canes when all is said and done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad