Speculation: WHO is the greatest defensive defenseman in Carolina Hurricanes history?

bluedevil58*

What happened to Malec? I thought he was going to be our next true top pairing d man....

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
"Silly trade. Lost a prospect and a potentially good pick for a goalie that another team doens't mind getting rid of (the Ducks have a solid prospect in Bryzgalov)."

"Ack, trading more D when we clearly need it??? Granted he's been down in Lowell pretty much, but uhhh, Rutherford...I dont know if youve noticed or not but our blueline isnt want it used to be as it is now. Trading away some Defensive prospects when we could use them in the future is kinda like shooting ourselves in the foot."

"I hate to say it, but the Mickey Mouse BS continues. With moves like this, I guess we better start being more pessimistic about the labor negotiations. Malec will be a good D man for Cincinatti/Anaheim next season."

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
"Silly trade. Lost a prospect and a potentially good pick for a goalie that another team doens't mind getting rid of (the Ducks have a solid prospect in Bryzgalov)."

"Ack, trading more D when we clearly need it??? Granted he's been down in Lowell pretty much, but uhhh, Rutherford...I dont know if youve noticed or not but our blueline isnt want it used to be as it is now. Trading away some Defensive prospects when we could use them in the future is kinda like shooting ourselves in the foot."

"I hate to say it, but the Mickey Mouse BS continues. With moves like this, I guess we better start being more pessimistic about the labor negotiations. Malec will be a good D man for Cincinatti/Anaheim next season."

I thought I was pretty money in that thread tbh :sarcasm:

Especially on calling that dude out for being racist.

Highest Boss

Jan 15, 2014
Illinois
I was curious to see how many defensemen in canes history have been named by this thread. I found this list of all-time Hurricanes players http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/display_players.php?tmi=5154

I'm not going to list who hasn't been mentioned if people want to keep naming all-time greats, but this thread is at 39/63 canes d-men. Think of it like the saddest sporcle ever. Brett Carson and Tim Conboy are listed as wingers on that site though (maybe 41/65 then?)

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I was curious to see how many defensemen in canes history have been named by this thread. I found this list of all-time Hurricanes players http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/display_players.php?tmi=5154

I'm not going to list who hasn't been mentioned if people want to keep naming all-time greats, but this thread is at 39/63 canes d-men. Think of it like the saddest sporcle ever. Brett Carson and Tim Conboy are listed as wingers on that site though (maybe 41/65 then?)

LOL, accuracy of sporcle off base then, he NEVER played wing here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad