Prospect Info: Who is the Blues' #1 prospect in 2023?

Who is the Blues' #1 prospect in 2023?

• Otto Stenberg

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Theo Lindstein

• Zach Dean

• Colton Ellis

• Dylan Peterson

• Leo Lööf

• Simon Robertsson

• Michael Buchinger

• Quinton Burns

• Juraj Pekarcik

• Hunter Skinner

• Mikhail Abramov

• Tanner Dickinson

• Arseni Koromyslov

• Jakub Stancl

• Keean Washkurak

• Marc-Andre Gaudet

• Paul Fischer

• Mathias Laferrière

• Will Cranley

• Landon Sim

• Matthew Mayich

• Tyler Tucker

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
When I see his name, I keep thinking it attorney Bob Loblaw from Arrested Development.
Loblaws is one of Canada’s main grocery chains. In my head, I simply assume the founder of the company must be Bob Loblaw.

government-funding-for-loblaws.png

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

mab894

Nov 27, 2017
I did vote for him. Focused on the year 2023 and the coming season. No doubt that Dvorsky, Snuggerud and more may be considered greater prospects long-term, but for the coming season I see Kessel being the one making the biggest and most positive impact. He had a great season last year, and since our D-core is as it is, he should be getting chances to play. And that is highly likely also.

Tucker is definitely close also, beside Hofer. Loof is a wild card that may fit the bill too.

When my initial consideration of what to focus on with the poll, I dont see many forwards get to see much action. Especially if we are in a playoff situation. It has not been usual to put prospect players in top spots in this team, and I dont see that happening now either. Unless we tank fully that is.
Fair. Thanks for explaining your reasoning and sorry for assuming it was a troll vote. Hope to see him do well next year.

Reactions: JoernAZ

JoernAZ

Bluenotes
Oct 19, 2018
Fair. Thanks for explaining your reasoning and sorry for assuming it was a troll vote. Hope to see him do well next year.
No worries. When seeing how the poll is right now, it was actually very important to explain why I chose what I chose... 😀

At the same time, I do see most of my votes being "out there" compared to most people! 😅

Reactions: mab894

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
No worries. When seeing how the poll is right now, it was actually very important to explain why I chose what I chose... 😀

At the same time, I do see most of my votes being "out there" compared to most people! 😅
Determining the value and rank for a prospect is very subjective. Are you voting for value today? Expected ceiling? Value in context if organizational role? Value above draft projections? Trade value in a vacuum?

I don’t think anyone should try to impose a schema for how to value prospects, but I really appreciate explanations like yours. It makes for an interesting discussion on the poll.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I know the poll is open for 72 hours, but I'm pretty sure we all know who the winner is at this point.

And I'm equally sure we all know Snuggles is going to run away with the next poll.

As such; let's start the debate for #3. Personally, I say Hofer. He's pretty much being written in as the backup next year, and I think there's a very good chance that he could steal the net if Binny has another rough year. I think between his upside and NHL readiness that he should be a notch above the next rung of forwards.

JoernAZ

Bluenotes
Oct 19, 2018
Determining the value and rank for a prospect is very subjective. Are you voting for value today? Expected ceiling? Value in context if organizational role? Value above draft projections? Trade value in a vacuum?

I don’t think anyone should try to impose a schema for how to value prospects, but I really appreciate explanations like yours. It makes for an interesting discussion on the poll.
Indeed, indeed... 👌

My take is on which young and upcoming player can make an impact as soon as possible. The context is key. Which state is the team in? What are the goals for the season? How does the chemistry look like?

As most others I watched vids and updates from the prospect scrims. There is no doubt that the future looks bright, but there are still far too many unknowns for me yet to say that e.g Dvorsky could be the next in line. Again, a context issue, since I have many years of experience coaching pro sports. Things may happen along the way, which leads me to think Kessel is way closer and definitely more ready.

In my book, I rate prospects in those who can make the team, AND make an immediate impact... 💪

Nah, I am just an easy going male that have no relations to Kessel other than thinking he will breakthrough bigtime this season... 😎😀

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I know the poll is open for 72 hours, but I'm pretty sure we all know who the winner is at this point.

And I'm equally sure we all know Snuggles is going to run away with the next poll.

As such; let's start the debate for #3. Personally, I say Hofer. He's pretty much being written in as the backup next year, and I think there's a very good chance that he could steal the net if Binny has another rough year. I think between his upside and NHL readiness that he should be a notch above the next rung of forwards.
I’m inclined to end the poll early at 48h. If there is still discussion going on, it’s worth extending even if the outcome is certain.

But 72h seems longer than needed. I will make them all 48h after this.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Indeed, indeed... 👌

My take is on which young and upcoming player can make an impact as soon as possible. The context is key. Which state is the team in? What are the goals for the season? How does the chemistry look like?

As most others I watched vids and updates from the prospect scrims. There is no doubt that the future looks bright, but there are still far too many unknowns for me yet to say that e.g Dvorsky could be the next in line. Again, a context issue, since I have many years of experience coaching pro sports. Things may happen along the way, which leads me to think Kessel is way closer and definitely more ready.

In my book, I rate prospects in those who can make the team, AND make an immediate impact... 💪

Nah, I am just an easy going male that have no relations to Kessel other than thinking he will breakthrough bigtime this season... 😎😀
I started voting Kessel early and often last year until he finally got ranked. I’d have to go back and look, but I recall voting in all the polls and only voting for 3 different players. And then the bastards ended the ranking before Hugh McGing was ranked.

JoernAZ

Bluenotes
Oct 19, 2018
I started voting Kessel early and often last year until he finally got ranked. I’d have to go back and look, but I recall voting in all the polls and only voting for 3 different players. And then the bastards ended the ranking before Hugh McGing was ranked.
Feels like it might happen again. As you said, people are subjective and think differently on the topic. Something I am totally fine with... 👌

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020

Well I almost voted for Pekarcik because I think he will have the best hockey style nickname

Loblaws is one of Canada’s main grocery chains. In my head, I simply assume the founder of the company must be Bob Loblaw.

government-funding-for-loblaws.png
that is the old National Supermarkets logo upside down

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
It's Dvorsky. Not just because of his draft profile but the kid owned the prospect camp. He was the star and lived up to expectations. It gets more interesting after this as I could make an argument for several players.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes

Hofer or Neighbours for me, lean Hofer. Not really sure about Hofer's starter potential, but I like what we've seen so far

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Indeed, indeed... 👌

Interesting perspective. I think most generally rank them based on who they think will have the better career when it’s all said and done and/or who they value more as assets regardless of how soon that impact may be, but there’s no rules on how someone’s supposed to rank things or value things so you do you, man.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Hofer or Neighbours for me, lean Hofer. Not really sure about Hofer's starter potential, but I like what we've seen so far

I agree and it's gonna be a tough call for me. I'm all aboard the Neighbours train and think he is gonna end up a solid middle six guy by the end of the year.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Dvorsky has an edge over guys like Bolduc and Snuggerud just based on his play style. While Bolduc is a high boom-bust prospect and Snuggerud is a decently safe bet at top 6, I think Dvorsky is firmly a top 6 center playing a tough position and being one of the most defensively responsible forward prospects we have. A two-way threat which puts him ahead of the other players.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Dvorsky sounds like a sure fire NHL player. All the other guys are enticing but can’t really make the same claim as Dalibor.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I went with Dvorsky. I think his upside is a top center. I think he is closer to being a top line center then a 2nd line center.

Where Snuggs is more of a top 6 forward. I actually have him and Bolduc on the same tier along with Stenberg. They all have top line upside but could just wind up being top 6 forwards for various reasons.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
It's 1. Dvorski, 2. Snuggerud, 3. Bolduc. Almost certainly. After that it gets fun.

Hofer, Neighbors, Stenberg, Lindstein could all make a case. Maybe even Zach Dean.

Then you've got Robertsson, Alexandrov, Loof, Pekarcik, Buchinger (I think I like him way more than most). It's all the sudden not looking so bad here.

Reactions: BrokenFace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad