Prospect Info: Who is the Blues' #1 prospect in 2023?

Who is the Blues' #1 prospect in 2023?

• Otto Stenberg

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Theo Lindstein

• Zach Dean

• Colton Ellis

• Dylan Peterson

• Leo Lööf

• Simon Robertsson

• Michael Buchinger

• Quinton Burns

• Juraj Pekarcik

• Hunter Skinner

• Mikhail Abramov

• Tanner Dickinson

• Arseni Koromyslov

• Jakub Stancl

• Keean Washkurak

• Marc-Andre Gaudet

• Paul Fischer

• Mathias Laferrière

• Will Cranley

• Landon Sim

• Matthew Mayich

• Tyler Tucker

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Poll will stay open for 72 hours. I suppose if its close I can extend it. I plan to decrease the polls to 48 hours after the top 10.

Watch the master thread for cumulative results.

I used a systematic way to rank the prospects based on draft history to try and avoid introducing bias by the order I placed them.

Not listed are players turning 25 (or 26 for goalies) prior to 10/1/23.
Tyson Galloway was not signed as far as I know, and is not a Blues prospect as of 6/1/23.
David Noel was not re-signed.
Anton Andersson and Evan Fitzpatrick are still Blues property, but no longer active players.

Reactions: RORbacon

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Dvorsky was an easy pick for me.

I didn't think there was any way he was going to fall to us at 10 and I loved him as a prospect pre-draft. All the clips (and summaries I've read) from prospect camp have only solidified my view. I like several of our prospects a lot, but Dvorsky is on another level for me. The kid oozes top 10 pick and he's the only such guy we have.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I have Snuggerud #1. Throw away what his draft position was, his freshman season was better than plenty of recent top 10 picks. He's also very projectable to the NHL and our highest hockey IQ prospect IMO. His vision and passing ability through the NZ gives space for a dynamic center like a Logan Cooley or in the future a Robert Thomas to get easy entries where they can break down the defense and find him again in the slot where he finds space with excellent timing. He's the type of player that makes already great players even better and I see him on our first line not too far into the future. Dvorsky has great tools, but I'd like to see a strong D+1 season in the SHL before I put him over a guy I think is pretty much a surefire top 6 player in Snuggy.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I went Snuggy. That freshman college season was excellent, even if he did play with two top prospects who were probably NHL ready at the time. Dvorsky will probably pass him for me by next summer, but I want to see him do it first.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I have a clear top 4 prospects for me.

I went with Dvorsky as my top choice. It wasn't that tough for #1. I vote based on a combination of ceiling, floor and NHL readiness given the age (a 22 year old should be more NHL ready than a 18 year old, and gets no credit for that). Dvorsky has a ton of untapped potential. I think he can be a prime O'Reilly. And if he works on his skating, maybe even more. His floor is relatively high as his defense, strength and IQ means he could catch on as a bottom 6 C at worst. While he is less NHL ready than my other 3, he is the youngest. He is the most NHL ready player we have had coming right out the draft since Thomas.

The other 3 are Snuggy. He is #2. I am still worried about his skating although it improved a good bit from when we drafted him. I'm also mildly concerned with how much of his production was related to being on the best line in hockey. He definitely wasn't carried and was a huge contributor in his own right, but how much did the linemates help?

Bolduc is 3rd. I am higher on him than many. I think the complaints about his inability to step up in training camps and failure to make world junors are overstated. This is the year he should push for playing time given where we drafted him and where he projects as a prospect. My main concern is his floor, as he is not as well suited to a bottom 6 role as the others. He could improve enough to be a middle 6, but he is never going to be a 4th line guy. that just ups his chance for us to get nothing. I'd definitely like to see him drive the play a bit more and be more aggressive. He was at times in Junior, but he is a pick his spots type. I want more consistent drive.

#4 is Hofer. Goalies are voodoo so he falls to the bottom. He could potentially have the biggest impact of any of them. If you can get a top 10 goalie on a cost controlled contract, that is a huge boost.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Dvorsky was an easy pick for me.

I didn't think there was any way he was going to fall to us at 10 and I loved him as a prospect pre-draft. All the clips (and summaries I've read) from prospect camp have only solidified my view. I like several of our prospects a lot, but Dvorsky is on another level for me. The kid oozes top 10 pick and he's the only such guy we have.
100% agree. This is what I woulda said if I was more articulate.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Poll will stay open for 72 hours. I suppose if its close I can extend it. I plan to decrease the polls to 48 hours after the top 10.

Watch the master thread for cumulative results.

I used a systematic way to rank the prospects based on draft history to try and avoid introducing bias by the order I placed them.

Not listed are players turning 25 (or 26 for goalies) prior to 10/1/23.
Tyson Galloway was not signed as far as I know, and is not a Blues prospect as of 6/1/23.
David Noel was not re-signed.
Anton Andersson and Evan Fitzpatrick are still Blues property, but no longer active players.
Based on the camp he had, I think we need to see Susuyev added to the voting options. He looked better than many on the list.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Based on the camp he had, I think we need to see Susuyev added to the voting options. He looked better than many on the list.
Tucker was the highest 7th round pick I was able to add, but it’s at maximum number for the poll tool. I’ll add the remaining/missing guys as we go. Vorobyov wasn’t going to be in the top 5.

Reactions: Blueston

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

Understand what you are meaning with Vorobyov. He looked like a weapon with the puck. I still don't think he would crack our top 5. But he's certainly on the radar for top 10 after that showing.

Reactions: Celtic Note

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Dvorsky for me and it isn’t particularly close.

He should not have made it to pick number 10 (thanks Arizona and Detroit), and in any other year he would have easily been a top 5 guy.

If his skating gets a little bit better(which I won’t be surprised if it does), then we have a surefire 1C on our hands.

This kid is really, really good. I haven’t been this excited about a prospect since Tarasenko, and I bought a Thomas jersey during his rookie year.

Reactions: Blueston

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Tucker was the highest 7th round pick I was able to add, but it’s at maximum number for the poll tool. I’ll add the remaining/missing guys as we go. Vorobyov wasn’t going to be in the top 5.
I'd do it.

Vote Vorobyov top-5 that is.
#5 to be exact.

OK - Five is a maybe a stretch...but he's in the top-10 for most talent: Dvorsky, Snuggy, Stenberg, Bolduc, Vorobyov, Neighbors, Hofer, Lindstein, Dean, Buchinger. If only 3 or 4 of these are going to be solid Pros, it really could be any combination of them.

Last edited:

JoernAZ

Bluenotes
Oct 19, 2018
Lol who voted for Matt Kessel 😭
I did vote for him. Focused on the year 2023 and the coming season. No doubt that Dvorsky, Snuggerud and more may be considered greater prospects long-term, but for the coming season I see Kessel being the one making the biggest and most positive impact. He had a great season last year, and since our D-core is as it is, he should be getting chances to play. And that is highly likely also.

Tucker is definitely close also, beside Hofer. Loof is a wild card that may fit the bill too.

When my initial consideration of what to focus on with the poll, I dont see many forwards get to see much action. Especially if we are in a playoff situation. It has not been usual to put prospect players in top spots in this team, and I dont see that happening now either. Unless we tank fully that is.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I'd do it.

Vote Vorobyov top-5 that is.
#5 to be exact.

OK - Five is a maybe a stretch...but he's in the top-10 for most talent: Dvorsky, Snuggy, Stenberg, Bolduc, Vorobyov, Neighbors, Hofer, Lindstein, Dean, Buchinger. If only 3 or 4 of these are going to be solid Pros, it really could be any combination of them.
When I see his name, I keep thinking it attorney Bob Loblaw from Arrested Development.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScratchCatFever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad