Who is the best Canadian Goaltender Under 30?

Best Canadian Goalie Under [2022 Offseason]

• Jordan Binnigton

Votes: 70 33.0%
  • Mackenzie Blackwood

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Laurent Brossoit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eric Comrie

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Nico Daws

• Chris Driedger

• Carter Hart

Votes: 41 19.3%
  • Adin Hill

• Tristan Jarry

Votes: 76 35.8%
  • Samuel Montembeault

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Matt Murray

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Stuart Skinner

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Logan Thompson

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Jarry or Binnington. Do you pick the guy who had the terrible 2021 playoffs or the one that had the bad 2021-22 regular season? I’d go with Jarry because more time has passed since it and it’s a smaller sample. None of these options are that good though.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
That was the point of the whole thread, to show how bad it is.

Sure but all it takes it some hot prospect, like Devon Levi, to change the goaltending fortunes of a nation.

That being said Jarry/Binnington isn't a horrible tandem either.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Sure but all it takes it some hot prospect, like Devon Levi, to change the goaltending fortunes of a nation.

That being said Jarry/Binnington isn't a horrible tandem either.
Yes indeed, and I have high hopes for Levi. I think we've got a few coming up now, things are looking up there.

As for Jarry/Binnington, maybe not horrible but a clear notch below some other countries. which is not very comforting. If a WHC were to be starting next week, I'd be pretty concerned going into it with those two.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Yes indeed, and I have high hopes for Levi. I think we've got a few coming up now, things are looking up there.

As for Jarry/Binnington, maybe not horrible but a clear notch below some other countries. which is not very comforting. If a WHC were to be starting next week, I'd be pretty concerned going into it with those two.

I wouldn't be as the rest of our team can really dominate against anyone out there.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I wouldn't be as the rest of our team can really dominate against anyone out there.
Dominance against some really great teams is going to be very tough, even for T.C, we've seen this countless times by now., you aim to solidly outplay them and even then usually you are going to be under some serious pressure at points in the game, the goaltending has to be really sharp, it's single game elimination after all, bad goaltending or not great goaltending can be the difference.

With all due respect, I think you are under estimating the competition TC will be facing. Competition that may I add, has great, very good, or at least solid goaltending, on paper at least....................better then us.

That's a concern no matter how highly one may rate Canada's skaters, and myself, I think you are rating them a bit too high vis a vis the competition.

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Dominance against some really great teams is going to be very tough, even for T.C, we've seen this countless times by now., you aim to solidly outplay them and even then usually you are going to be under some serious pressure at points in the game, the goaltending has to be really sharp, it's single game elimination after all, bad goaltending or not great goaltending can be the difference.

With all due respect, I think you are under estimating the competition TC will be facing. Competition that may I add, has great, very good, or at least solid goaltending, on paper at least....................better then us.

That's a concern no matter how highly one may rate Canada's skaters, and myself, I think you are rating them a bit too high vis a vis the competition.

No country runs as deep or as good as Canada with 18 skaters and a 12 forward/6 Dman set.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad