Who is our biggest rival?

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Montreal... Their fans being so close to us and giving them the easy invasion ability. Recent playoff history makes it more interesting too

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
The leafs are like our high school bully. I hate them. I just lose all confidence in the sens when they're playing the leafs and dread ever meeting up in the playoffs again

I'll never admit that to a Leafs fan in a 100 years, but my confidence in the Sens when they play them is always a little shaky too.

If they play Montreal I'm supremely confident that we have a very good chance to beat them. As awesome as Price is, we've proven we can light him up in the past too

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'll never admit that to a Leafs fan in a 100 years, but my confidence in the Sens when they play them is always a little shaky too.

If they play Montreal I'm supremely confident that we have a very good chance to beat them. As awesome as Price is, we've proven we can light him up in the past too

And IMO it was because of the brawl where we beat the crap out of them led by Cowen coming o Smith's defence after White slashed his ankle. We really haven't beaten up the Leafs in the same way, although when McGratton dropped Domi Ottawa had it's best yr going to the SC finals. While most disagree in the intimidation factor I think tough teams do have an advantage at times.

Ttracer*

You can't blame fans for travelling, invasion lol

The leafs are supposed to be the Yankees of hockey, and they're horrible

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
This is how I feel. Right now it's Montreal, I hate their entitled players, their pompus fans, and the games between teams are epic.

But it's still Toronto. When they invade our stadium and have that mob mentality, acting like they are somehow superior, squawking about how they beat us in the playoffs over and over...

I'm stoked that we have a great rivalry with Montreal, it has really grown in the last 3 years. But I hate the Leafs and all they stand for.

I feel the same way. Some good posts arguing Montreal, but having been on this train since the mid90's, it will always be Toronto for me.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
And IMO it was because of the brawl where we beat the crap out of them led by Cowen coming o Smith's defence after White slashed his ankle. We really haven't beaten up the Leafs in the same way, although when McGratton dropped Domi Ottawa had it's best yr going to the SC finals. While most disagree in the intimidation factor I think tough teams do have an advantage at times.

Tough teams have an advantage over weak-minded teams of which there aren't that many anymore

Montreal is one of them though, but to be fair, they are still more resilient than the Senators were back in the early 2000's

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Montreal until Toronto becomes decent again

As soon as Toronto becomes decent again we will go back to losing multiple key games against them

We already lost key game to them this year even when they were ****.

Thankfully none of those games cost us a playoff spot in the end. If we did lose out on a playoff spot, a lot of people would have pointed to those Leaf games as one of the reasons why we didn't make it.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Thankfully none of those games cost us a playoff spot in the end. If we did lose out on a playoff spot, a lot of people would have pointed to those Leaf games as one of the reasons why we didn't make it.

I did say multiple

We cannot reliably beat Toronto when it matters and when we do it's always by the skin of our teeth

A lot of Sens fans would be better off just accepting this

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It's Montreal by a long shot, Toronto is horrible and only getting worse. They might be relevant again in 3 years.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

I don't think any players on te current sens care about the leafs. Maybe Neil and Phillips but I think the rest of the group see's them as they are. A bad team and if you have followed the team closely last season you will recognize this team did not play well against bad teams. They seem to raise their game against good teams and lower it against bad.... They even did it in game, terrible at holding leads but amazing at coming back. Traits of a young team.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I don't even care that Toronto is now irrelevant. I want to see them lose every game.

The hate is strong.

I hate them almost enough to hope we lose against them to ruin their tank.

I rejoice every time I see a leafs jersey thrown on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad