Player Discussion Who is our 2nd best player?

Debonair

PS4
Jul 20, 2004
I really believe in Nuge. I'm so happy they didn't trade him and I think last year was a one off for him. He's, easily IMO, our second best player.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
No question for me that it's Lucic. No one else in the forward group has been as consistent offensively as he has, and there's that added element of physicality that changes the entire complexion of the team. Don't see how it can be anyone else until/unless the team lands a 45-50 point defenceman.

Empty Netter

Patrick McDraisaitl
Jan 15, 2016
Wow, a huge number of Nugent-Hopkins believers out there.
Last seasons performance doesn't seem to have a huge impact on this poll.
I can only hope that he will live up to your expectations.

Bangalter

Aug 21, 2013

IIRC after 14/15 season lot's of people were down on Hall for his disappointing season and I think most people feel as if maybe Nuge is having a similar off year.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
How is Nuge #2?

He was complete crap for most of last season.

I like the player and I'm glad they didn't trade him for Dumba, but Nuge did absolutely nothing last season but underwhelm.

Yep. This is twilight zone looking at the poll.

People must be expecting huge for Nuge.

I don't see it. He's been very content to be a lesser player here.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

Its as if recent seasons don't even matter. For instance BBO stating "if Nuge could return to what he was 2 seasons ago" and then voting for him. Its a blind faith arrangement with a voting for a thought of what Nuge is rather than the player.

For instance almost any casual fan feels Nuge is a sublime two way player with a solid Defensive game because that's the often stated narrative. Despite his GA results being horrid the last 3 seasons.

Oct 15, 2008
If Ryan Nugent Gagner is our second best player we can look forward to another lottery finish. But fear not, there's sure to be another winger in the draft who will turn things around. Right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad