Who is Free Agent Brendan Burke

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
This thread was a cringe read.

I read the title and thought it was a bit strange they would honour Brendan Burke in the game now, given it's been 7 years since he died.

Then I started the game, looked at the free agents and saw the kid's name is Benjamin, not Brendan.

EA has been doing this for years now. I think they hold a contest and every year a kid wins the chance to be in the game.

Just move him to the ECHL and he won't turn up in the draft or as a free agent in franchise mode. Problem solved.

Last edited:

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
No need to move them, they simply don't show up in game modes anyways.

Anyways, to the guy upset if that someone who was going to make the NHL, was related to an ex NHLer and current staff, was put in the game, get real. It's a game.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
This thread was a cringe read.

I read the title and thought it was a bit strange they would honour Brendan Burke in the game now, given it's been 7 years since he died.

Then I started the game, looked at the free agents and saw the kid's name is Benjamin, not Brendan.

EA has been doing this for years now. I think they hold a contest and every year a kid wins the chance to be in the game.

Just move him to the ECHL and he won't turn up in the draft or as a free agent in franchise mode. Problem solved.

Does this work for the Expansion draft mode as well? I only ask because when I started mine, it defaulted to the default rosters and ignored all changes I made to them. The first thing I do when I buy an NHL game is remove the LTIR and retired players from active rosters by sending them to other leagues. This mode ignored all of that.

Last edited:

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Does this work for the Expansion draft mode as well? I only ask because when I started mine, it defaulted to the default rosters and ignored all changes I made to them. The first thing I do when I buy an NHL game is remove the LTIR and retired players from active rosters by sending them to other leagues. This mode ignored all of that.

Unfortunately not. I just complained about this in a different thread. Because I like to edit players manually, I was dissappointed to find out I can't use my custom roster in expansion mode :(

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Not all of the kids featured in EA's game are Make-A-Wish kids.

For example, Sabrina Ladha was featured in NHL 09 because her father won a charity auction (proceeds going to the Make-A-Wish foundation) and Lexi Peters was featured in NHL 12 because of a letter she wrote the dev team.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blo...l-made-nhl-video-game-history?urn=nhl,wp12363

In any case, it's been a thing long enough that most are aware you just need to either edit them lower or move them before you start your franchise or BAP if you don't want them in the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad