Around the league part 2

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
Of course. I have no issue with Kopitar the player, but there was no point in keeping him other than good feels. There has been an unwillingness or incompetence not allowing for the right thing to happen, pushing Kopitar down the liineup and allowing the next wave to take over, and yeah that's on management.

You should never have a 35+ "number 1 center". Even Steve Yzerman was 3rd line center on the wings toward the end of his career.
Who was the Bruins #1 center when they set the record for wins and points in 2022-23?

Reactions: YP44

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Seriously, this whole, win the cup or it's a failure of a season is such asinine nonsense,

YES it's the goal of all 32 teams to win the cup,

YES, often times it's not the BEST team that wins the cup, it's the most durable, most puck luck, most opportunistic etc...

Are they people really trying to argue that Boston didn't have a really good 2022-2023 season because they got bounced in the 1st round, really?

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Seriously, this whole, win the cup or it's a failure of a season is such asinine nonsense,
What about winning a playoff round or finishing higher than third in the division. Is that to much to ask for in 7 seasons?

How about drafting and developing a replacement for the franchise center that was drafted 19 years ago?

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Only one team wins the cup, and it is very common for presidents winner to get bounced round one.
The entire criticism of this regime is the lack of any playoff success whatsoever. Nobody gives a wet fart about the regular season, which let’s face it, has also been pretty mediocre under bluc.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
What about winning a playoff round or finishing higher than third in the division. Is that to much to ask for in 7 seasons?

How about drafting and developing a replacement for the franchise center that was drafted 19 years ago?

Because it's such an easy thing, no literally is, Boston did....oh wait....ok, Pittsbu...oh shit...ok wait...Calgar...shit no.....Tampa...well f***....Chicago JUST did it.....that's 18 years...

No one is saying they shouldn't do it....hell we might have already with Byfield....but let's assume we didn't...right?

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
People say stuff like this all the time, but the NBA routinely trounces the NHL in ratings and revenue.
Yes I'm sure they do I never even mentioned about ratings and revenue and it's still more popular than the NHL by a large margin. But it is possible that people do get tired of the crap and quit watching altogether. Lol.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Yes I'm sure they do I never even mentioned about ratings and revenue and it's still more popular than the NHL by a large margin. But it is possible that people do get tired of the crap and quit watching altogether. Lol.

I think the NBA product right now is actually the best it has been in years. Teams like the Nuggets actually play like basketball teams, and players like Jokic are truly unique and transformative.

I think the NBA went through a really damaging period when Kevin Durant was on the Warriors and they were just so hysterically the best team in the league. And for whatever reason, Lebron has always been a super divisive player so that didn’t help at the time, either.

But even with all that said, the NBA is incredibly lucrative and understands how to market their sport. Players like Lebron, KD, and Steph are in the twilight of their careers, and there is a whole new crop of (mostly European) superstars.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Sorry stripes, clean f***ing hit.

if that's face-up, there's literally no conversation but everyone is so content admiring their cute behind the back passes that a totally normal hit like that gets penalized off result

there's no self-preservation any more

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
if that's face-up, there's literally no conversation but everyone is so content admiring their cute behind the back passes that a totally normal hit like that gets penalized off result

there's no self-preservation any more
Unfortunately it will continue down this path. I could really see the NHL being like the IIHF when it comes to physicality in the next ten years.

KOPITARRULEZ11

Apr 2, 2012
Minnesota
What the heck happened to the jets they seem to be back into that slide shell they were in during that losing streak. Aves did not look this good last few weeks and bam they are a scoring on the Jennings winner at will.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Gonna be an interesting offseason for the Maple Leafs.

They only have one playoff series win in the post-lockout era. Fewest of any team I believe.

Reactions: Shellz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad