Who here actually watches the games still?

Watching Leaf games still?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
Do you watch the games?

I personally still come on here to keep up with the team, but it hurts too much to continue watching this exact same team/core try again and again.
I still watch the games, but at this point I don't really care. I am numb now. In the past every goal we conceded hurt me physically and made me angry, sad and hopeless. Now I don't feel anything. Even when we score I feel no joy, because I know that we will lose eventually - maybe not this game, but during the playoffs.

Reactions: saffronleaf

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Didn’t watch last year for the first time since about 2002.

Turned on the playoffs and it was exactly how I expected it would be.

6 games into this year I’m not sure if it’s worth it at all.

Sure we endure this pain so the gain in the end is substantial.

Not sure if I want to spend my whole life in a disappointment as I’ve seen others suffer through with absolutely no reprieve.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I’ve been putting them on in the background but not paying much attention while doing crap downstairs. I’ll give them my attention like seasons past when they earn my attention.
I find that to be the case, there was a time I would watch intently. Nobody could talk to me during play. Now I have the game on in the background while surfing the net.

Reactions: HolyCrap

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I'm half-assed watching. You know, watching, getting up, doing something else, coming back 20 minutes later, etc.

I think a lot of us said we were emotionally done with this team after the Habs loss. We weren't bluffing. I used to wake up feeling bad after a game like that. Today? I could give 2 shits. Let this all sort itself out. The quicker, the better.
I agree with this as well, I used to get down after a loss. Now I just smirk and carry on with other stuff.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Here and there I watch a game. The last 3 years its gradually been less and less. Not going to give up my time to watch these guys put minimal effort in. A big shake up might spark my excitement again, but until then, this group will never be a legit contender.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
As much as I can. It's a form of entertainment for me that just so happens to have a W/L element attached to it. The wins are obviously more fun, but...

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I've been watching the pre-season and early season game but thinking about scaling back. The entertainment factor is not really there in the quality of the product makes it feel like a video coach. The team seems more interesting to follow along as a soap opera and lesson in bad boardroom drama than a hockey team climbing to greatness or whatever.

Thread The Needle

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Nov 28, 2016
Detroit
I stopped watching last year because of lack of free time and didn't like the empty arena feel. I'm not watching this year because of time restraints and it's simply not worth it right now. Still gonna follow the team and hope for the best. Good luck to those of you still watching, I hope it pays off really.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I still play and i still coach so i will miss some games. I watched the entire game last night because i was free and wanted to see every shift.

I assume professional pride will kick in and there will be a better performance Monday.

Bluebear

Nov 30, 2018
They lost me after last playoffs. If they aren't going to engage and go down fighting I'm just not entertained. I can enjoy a losing blue collar team that makes the other team work for it, but this team just makes me mad and I'm not entertained. I still follow and check the box scores and stuff, but I'm waiting for some kind of a shake up before I invest my entertainment time in watching this boring team....

Reactions: HomerJLeafs

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
I am very pleased to see most of the responses here.

Leaf fans are growing up.,...

They realize they should have a life, apart from the LEAFS being dominant or just part of the pack...

Of course fan boards, mlse does not want to hear that kind of stuff...

Me myself, well, I am watching mlb baseball.

What amazes me is how all the players are so into it....

After playing a gazillion games

The relievers, on both atlanta and los angeles were, like completly, off the dial

Its been great fun to watch...

Horrible to see our team not make it, but let me tell ya...

The relief pitching on Atlanta and the dodgers is like galaxies ahead of what we had and have...

The leaf players, well,its uber obvious, they don't like the coach

What else can I say, they just think he is a no ever player, in the nhl, who, is running his mouth too much

Torto, would matthews put up with him, i think matthews would love tortorella

Matthews grew up as the hardest working guy in the usa as a kid, do you think he would like tortes, course he would

OFF WITH KEEFES HEAD, and lets go

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
yes
but vs the Penguins i had to watch it with Steve Dangle at least he was fun and i really liked all the donations for the charity

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Yes but not as much as I really want to. Got NHL Center Ice now. Flip to games to see how the teams doing but not top priority on the list of games that night. Used to be all Toronto every game else after. Now its "ok Lets see how this team is doing and this player is doing and check back to see how we're doing."

I'm in 3 hockey pools didnt draft a single Leaf this year as a Prove Me Wrong approach. Usually everyone in the drafts leave all Leafs for me to take. This year? I surprised the hell out of everyone.

MLB playoffs also on right now. NBA just started up too. NCAA Football Saturday nights as well

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Very interesting 47% don't watch yet there's so many experts on how they play. Explains why so much hate (or even confusing homerism) but very few good solution posts to read.

Before you waste your energy replying to someone come check if they're in the "no" first. If they are , move on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fat Ryan

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I love hockey so i will watch when i can. One of the teams will probably play good hockey...

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
As much as I can. It's a form of entertainment for me that just so happens to have a W/L element attached to it. The wins are obviously more fun, but...

This. The older I get, the less of a life and death thing the Leafs are for me. It's still painful to think about where we're at vs where I hoped we'd be by now with this core, but there are more important things in life. Like the Raptors for example. ;)

We had a great regular season last year, sure it was only Canadian opponents but still, the consistency was really good. I still believe this team is way too good not to bounce back and have a good season, hopefully it starts tonight. GLG!!

I love hockey so i will watch when i can. One of the teams will probably play good hockey...

LOL. That's the spirit!

Reactions: Buds17 and ZEBROA

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
I do. Haven't lost the faith. Several games with bad luck, and one melt down game.
They will come back.

Reactions: Fat Ryan

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
HAHA, if you don't buy a product your opinion is meaningless. Sounds like a great business plan.

...you would trust a review from someone who never actually purchased something? I'm about to hit up best buy to get a new laptop. Better go ask someone who never used a laptop in their life what the latest tech is if I want the best one eh

This is a direct analogy because we're not talking about purchasing Leafs items we're talking about actually watching the games.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I still am sure to start watching the games every game. But like this past Saturday, more often than not this season I have switched the tv to a NFL football game or NBA basketball game by end of 2nd period.

When they play the way they do, it gives me the fan no choice. Even when I am a diehard Leaf fan. Its unbearable to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad