Who here actually watches the games still?

Watching Leaf games still?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
No.

Stopped last year. Maybe watched like 7 periods in the stretch of a year. But then at then at the end... I was excited for the Canadian Division playoffs, but Montreal kicked our asses in a 3-1 series.

The hope ended there. Seeing Marner flip the puck a few times over the glass, and the replays of him being scared of contact, and not going into rough areas. ( I know others needed to step up but comon, Marner was the worst by a mile )

The last glimmer, or sliver of hope was seeing one of the big 4 get traded. Just to shake it up.
Obviously not Matthews cause hes Matthews.
JT has a NMC.
Nylander now is our best player since last year.
that leaves Marner. Overpaid and provides the least.

I thought maybe even Keefe would be put on a hot seat.

NOPE AND NOPE

Keefe resigned
Dubas publicly says no trades to the core.

Grabbed a Raptors and Jays hat ever since.

Reactions: glue

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
And the bloodbath begins lol.

After a 7-1 clapping I bow out from defending these guys for a week.

Feasttttt

Reactions: Anthrax442

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
I stopped after the loss to David Ayers. Even before that I barely watched. Since then I probably watch 2-3 hours combined of Leafs hockey.

Watched the full game yesterday and today as I was cheering for SJ and PIT. Long term it’s the right thing to do.

This team isn’t going anywhere with Dubas and Keefe. Only an embarrassing losing streak will get them fired and at least a new GM will come in and hopefully make big changes.

So I’ve been watching more and more to see the embarrassment.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Only an embarrassing losing streak will get them fired and at least a new GM will come in and hopefully make big changes.

Marner has checked out.

Matthews isn't visible most games.

The losing streak is a real possibility

Statsman1

Oct 31, 2014
I want the Leafs to win, they are my team.

But watching them right now is just too depressing. Doesn’t feel like there is a positive vibe coming from them right now, no hope or enthusiasm.

When it feels like they are playing to win and they start showing some kind of cohesion, I will come back. But there are other things I can do to spend the time and not feel just plain depressed.

Reactions: CincoHolio

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Marner has checked out.

Who The hell checks out in game 5 of the season. If your assessment turns out correct this will turn into a disaster of a season. Nylander is everything fans thought Marner was and everything Marner wishes he was. Nylander was criticized for all things Marner is. One of the signs of the end times is that things will not always be as they appear.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Honestly for me, I just can't be bothered. they clearly don't care. (i mean some do - obviously). but i simply do not have the time or energy anymore to watch and defend a team that simply can not get its poop together. it's legit the same story. each and every single time with this team. it's never anything new. it wouldn't be bad if we were always beset with injuries, or it's like - the goalie CLEARLY sucks, but we were developing one and we just need to hold on, or we're just like. ONE X away and poof. away we go.

but it's not.
it's the same blessed thing over and over and over again and honestly i've better things to do w/my time.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
I'll admit after the last two days I'm watching Monday and then taking a break.

Storyline is just to great for me, I'm a massive Campbell believer, I want to see him and the boys thrive on Monday night.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Yes, but, my emotional investment in this team is long gone. It left after the Columbus play in series, briefly came back during the regular season last year and then completely extinguished after that 3-1 choke job to the Habs last spring.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
It sucks cause I purchased centre ice for the season, as I’m out of market. I still watch/listen when I can (which is most of the time) but I’m no longer pausing the other things in my life in order to sit down and focus on the game explicitly. Sucks my apathy has set in 6 games in, I’ve been pretty supportive and mostly liked the moves management has/hadn’t made, but they need to do something yesterday to shake up this core.
I’ll probably get my moneys worth this season watching a bunch of Kraken games just to enjoy those beautiful sweaters.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I do! 2-3-1 in their first six. Nothing to brag about, but nothing to be worried about either.

Reactions: Buds17

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Yes and no, I'll watch if its good hockey, the Leafs don't have to be winning for me to watch. I just wat to watch some good hockey.

The Blueprint

Dec 4, 2018
I've missed more games this year than the last 5 combined. Hard to stay interested watching a team that isn't interested in trying to win. They look checked out.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
I'm half-assed watching. You know, watching, getting up, doing something else, coming back 20 minutes later, etc.

I think a lot of us said we were emotionally done with this team after the Habs loss. We weren't bluffing. I used to wake up feeling bad after a game like that. Today? I could give 2 shits. Let this all sort itself out. The quicker, the better.

17 Clark

Mar 22, 2015
Marner has checked out.

Matthews gets a little bit of a break because he had no preseason .Mitch just showing up to Collect a paycheque when you make a player bigger than the team this is what you get . I believe the Toronto Maple Leafs organization believes fans are Pejorative Slured And they’ll just keep putting up with it wash rinse and repeat people should stop going to the games leave the arena empty they might get the hint then

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
I PVR them all and watch them. Takes me less than 2 hours if I listen to some intermission banter. If not closer to an hour and a half. This way I get to fast forward through the commercials and replay any play I want. I can wait an hour or two after it has started before I start watching.

This works best for me the only real drawbacks are, not being able to be in on the game thread and it doesn't work as well when someone comes over to watch the game.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
If you don't watch the games then you can't really comment here because it's an uninformed opinion. The Leafs ratings are still high so most of us are watching the games, we may turn it off if the game gets out of hand like last night, but the Leafs have been in all the games except yesterday.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Aside from last nights game (thankfully) I’ve watched them all and will continue to do so. However when they get embarrassed or play terrible, I’m not surprised anymore unfortunately.

This management group and the players themselves always mention the skill and talent this roster has and how they believe in each other but maybe this core group isn’t as good as we all thought they would be?

Reactions: Cpt Maple Leaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad