Speculation: Who has been our best D vs. Boston?

Who has been our best D vs. Boston ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
Reilly for me he's been a warrior this series. Jake does great stuff and is a big reason we're going to game 7 but he leaves me scratching my head more often than reilly does. And for whatever reason his mistakes seem to burn us more than reilly's. That goes for their whole careers together.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Im goin off the rails and picking Polak, i think he has actually done a great job being physical and clearing the net, which is exactly what we need. Hes also great and just completely erasing a player and getting them out of the play. He did it to Pasta multiple times in game 6 alone

Wilma

Sep 4, 2006
Im goin off the rails and picking Polak, i think he has actually done a great job being physical and clearing the net, which is exactly what we need. Hes also great and just completely erasing a player and getting them out of the play. He did it to Pasta multiple times in game 6 alone

Well, at least you are self-aware about it.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Went with Hainsey. No one else on the team can do what he is doing so far. He's been invaluable.

His calm cool plays under pressure are great. Hel be pinned on the boards and have a nice little back hander to the center of the ice to an open leafs player which starts the breakout. Hes been great.

Remember, Hainsey has never lost a playoff series :naughty:

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Pretty good group effort for all of them honestly. Dermott is probably the only one I'd say hasn't played very well.

Reactions: Mork

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Nobody has been spectacular, but they all have tried to give us what they are capable of.

The problem is that we only have 2 top 4 Dmen.

Out of all of them, I would say Rielly has been the most effective, followed by Gardiner and Hainsey.

dominicmoore19

Jun 8, 2010
Rielly by a far margin. Gards has been good some games but a trainwreck in others whereas Rielly has been good all but maybe one game. Everyone else has been too inconsistent.

Reactions: PhiladelphiaKessel

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Rielly by a far margin. Gards has been good some games but a trainwreck in others whereas Rielly has been good all but maybe one game. Everyone else has been too inconsistent.

Hainsey has been the picture of consistency, from what I've seen. And doing it with the toughest matchups. Seems like he plays the entire last 5 minutes if we have a lead.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Reilly by a country mile. Hainsey is fairly solid, but makes some real bonehead plays. Gardiner is all over the place. Polak has been pretty good honestly. Dermott has been solid and Zaitsev is solid and a disaster rolled into 1.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
If you really watch the game closely, Boston's forwards cringe at the sight of Polak. He's been a physical force and has been punishing them every shift. He hasnt been a liability at all.

Last night there was a barrage of give aways in our zone by our D over a 5-7 minute span. Culprits you ask? Dermott twice, Reilly twice, Gardiner once, Zaitsev once and Hainsey once. Polak has been a stable force out there and give aways have been minimal.

Reactions: ULF_55 and OVO16

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Gardiner. And then...Polak. Yes, thats Right Polak.

Hainsey and Rielly was abysmal the first 2 games. They started to come around from game 3.

But if you ask me Who's been the most consistent right from game 1...its Gardiner and Polak.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
Rielly has been a beast.

I actually liked Polak for the most part he's made some pretty good plays the last few games. Not saying he's one of the best, he's not, but he's played better than I expected which is nice.

jboknows

Feb 9, 2010
1) Rielly (playing solid hockey. Had some poor moments, but overall, he's been the best)
2) Gardiner (standard boneheaded plays every now and then, but he's saved a number of sure thing goals and has been pretty solid)
3)Hainsey, Dermott, Polak (all grouped into the "they're playing ok category", with Polak exceeding his normal level)
4) Zaitsev (borderline incapable of playing at the NHL level right now)

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Rielly has been, Jake has played well the last two games and his partner has looked better as a result.

Zeitsev and Haisney are running close for our worse as they have gave the puck away or gotten stripped of it far to much. Polak has been a real good D man who has kept it simply when he needed to. Last night he was a beast. Derrmot has been heavily sheltered and has played reasonably well.

To add Rielly is playing hard minutes and is producing points. With his partner playing his worse hockey of the year. That is all anyone should need to answer this question.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Rielly and Jake. Rielly was the best player on the entire team in game 3, no other D has has a game like that.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad