Player Discussion Who Gets Phillips' A?

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Didn't Ryan wear the A while someone was injured last year? I remember when he battled through one of his slumps with fantastic defensive effort. I think he's a candidate.

Phaneuf, Methot, Turris, MacArthur, Kelly, Pageau and Stone should all be considered before Ryan.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Let's just remember Phaneuf was captain of the Leafs...

He's clearly got to have some kind of leadership quality; I've got no issue with him wearing the A.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Time to start transitioning this team to Mark Stone. If they go with a vet it should be Phaneuf.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I'd love to see Pageau get a letter in a couple of years if he continues to play his consistent hard nosed defensive game.

Maybe Stone as another candidate in a few years.

Personally I'd rather not see Phaneuf with a letter. Keep him out of the spotlight, and just let him go to work every game.

My dark horse - Hoffman. Prediction: he signs long-term, flourishes under Boucher, and puts it all together for some fabulous 80-point seasons. Scores some clutch goals in the playoffs and gets the nickname "mailman" because he always delivers.

I like your positive mental attitude regarding Hoffman!

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Let's get with the times: everybody gets an A!

69674651.jpg

Unless we're talking about participation trophies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You guys got it all wrong. They'll have a nachos eating contest, and the winner takes the letter. My money is on Ryan, dude looks like he could eat a ton of nachos.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
My vote would be for Phaneuf.

But it's not easy picking him over guys like Turris, Stone, Ryan and Methot.

After Neil retires then it's a toss up between Turris and Stone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad