Proposal: Who do you want the wild to select in the 1st round this year?

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
have you seen his skating? his highlights indicate he has above average speed. defense is his knock which may not be an issue at all once he gets drafted.

Just looked back on Pronman's article on the Athletic contained these quotes about Kaliyev:

Great hockey sense, shot and overall passing. NHL scouts concerns: compete level, doesn't drive play, and average skating. Doesn't show much speed or pace on a zone entry.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Just looked back on Pronman's article on the Athletic contained these quotes about Kaliyev:

Great hockey sense, shot and overall passing. NHL scouts concerns: compete level, doesn't drive play, and average skating. Doesn't show much speed or pace on a zone entry.
Maybe ohl is slow paced? He doesn't always use speed but he seemed to have it

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
How do you figure that?
I should specify, that’s who I believe will be the best at the above attributes out of those available when we pick. Newhook can absolutely fly. I’ve read some reports that say he’s the second best skater in this draft class (after Hughes). His puck skills are very good also. Most of his concerns come directly from defensive liabilities and low level of competition.

Reactions: 2Pair

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I should specify, that’s who I believe will be the best at the above attributes out of those available when we pick. Newhook can absolutely fly. I’ve read some reports that say he’s the second best skater in this draft class (after Hughes). His puck skills are very good also. Most of his concerns come directly from defensive liabilities and low level of competition.
Wouldn't Hughes be the best of that combination though? I don't know much about these kids, but find it hard to believe that a guy projectedto go in the teens, is supposed to have the best feet and hands in the draft?:dunno:

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Wouldn't Hughes be the best of that combination though? I don't know much about these kids, but find it hard to believe that a guy projectedto go in the teens, is supposed to have the best feet and hands in the draft?:dunno:
Yeah he does have the best combination. I meant the best combination out of the players available when we select.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
You have to be wary of anyone who is playing at a lesser level. It's tough enough to sort out whether or not a player from Major Junior will bring his game to the NHL, let alone the BCHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad