Proposal: Who do you want the wild to select in the 1st round this year?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Interested to see what other wild fans see in some of the prospects. I’ve been really excited for this years draft and am ecstatic we are possibly going to get a top 10 pick.

Let’s assume we select 10th

I would want us to select Kirby Dach. I’ve watch a few of his games and several shift by shifts online. He’s a center with great skill and insane playmaking ability. He’s such a smooth player and he is the type of player who can quarterback a power play from the halfwall. With granlund gone, it would be nice to bring in a good playmaker to center guys like Fiala and Kaprizov for years to come.

I know it’s just a highlight tape, but this will give more of an idea of what I’m talking about. He reminds me of Blake Wheeler.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
One of the fast guys.....Turcotte, Zegras or Newhook. Dach looks like he would go higher but if he is there he would be an easy pick.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Best C available, unless it's Suzuki. One of Dach, Cozens, Zegras, Turcotte, Krebs, Newhook. If there is a run on C's then that probably means that there is a very good scoring wing available like Podkolzin or Boldy. I am more uncertain of Caufield and Kaliyev, and would entertain trading down to around#18 or so if we could snag another 2nd, with which we could hopefully get Brink or something like that.

Would also pick Byram if he is still available, but that is highly unlikely. We don't need him, but the talent would be too great to ignore.

Wild need a smart, ice general with offensive chops who can make others better. Sort of like a faster, or stronger, Granlund. We've got solid two way forwards in Ek, Greenway, and Kunin, and hopefully Donato, Fiala, and Kaprizov provide goal scoring in the future. We need an orchestrator.

Last edited:

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I guess it really depends on who is available...
Draftsite has:
1. Hughes
2. Kakko
3. Podkolzin
4. Cozens
5. Dach
6. Boldy
7. Zegras
8. Turcotte
9. Broberg

If these are the first nine picks in the draft then I take Krebs.

Honestly, HFWild should do a mock draft type deal for each pick.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Twoods1623

Jun 27, 2016
North Shore
If we picked 12-14 and all of the top 10 guys have been taken, we would still have a shot at a good player. It depends on how risky you want to be. We could go boom or bust with Kaliyev/Caufield, or pick Newhook who is a position of need and he slots right in that range in the draft (Give or Take). Dream scenario in that pick range would be one of the top 10 pick centers drops out to the 12-14 picks, like Turcotte, Zegras, or Dach. Likelihood of that happening is pretty much zero, but anything could happen. Hopefully BPA for our first 3 picks 2 of them would be centers.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would rather trade Zucker for a mid 1st(18-24) and pick one of Caufield, Brink, Kaliyev. All of them have question marks.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad