Speculation: Who DO you want the caps to play in round 1?

Who DO you want the caps to play in round 1?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Pens are underachieving lately, Idk if its intentional... to get rid of that favorite label and surprise 1st round team they will play against.

I guess, Devils or Panthers would be easiest team to fight.
1) Flyers are very physical and can injure many players.
2) CBJ have strong goalie and his alone can win the series like Halak did
3) Pens have some holes in defense, but still they have more experiance and self confidence. It can go both ways, but I would prefer to meet them in 2nd because we need to get some confidence too.

Last edited:

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I voted for Florida. As stated above Phili could be physical and get guys banged up, Pitt has a voodoo curse on us, and CBJ is red hot. Florida is bad on the road. although thinking back on the season we have struggled more against Florida then say NJ....

I changed my mind...

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Voted for CBJ. FLA would give them some problems and it's showed last couple of years, all games were tight and tough to win. CBJ are easy, Bob almost always looks mediocre in the playoffs and against the Caps and Ovi personally, their defence doesnt have any advantage on us overall and aside from Panarin they dont have anything on the offensive side the Caps should worry about. Good guys should sleepwalk through them. As for the other teams, it's gettin difficult. I'd say the next easiest match-up is Panthers nevertheless. Lack of playoff experience is important. Then NJ. View them as someone in Panthers territory difficulty-wise but they're fast. And fast teams are the teams the Caps have the biggest problems to contain last 3-5 years. Then Flyers. Goaltending is an issue but loaded with top-end talent. You dont take too many penalties if you play them if you want to win. And last are the Pens. For obvious reasons. But something inside me would like them to slide down the standings and get on us. It's just getting boring with all those 2rd exits from Pens/Rangers. If its gonna happen, lets have a change for a bit.

Bieronymus Trotz

Sep 4, 2017
Overall, it doesn't matter. But if they got the Penguins in the first round and managed to win, I'd feel like there was too much time left for a letdown to happen from complacency, whatever.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Voted Devils as they are near by and I want to go to the playoff games. Though do not care who we play. This is first time actually I'm excited for the playoffs as i don't have any expectations. Just want to watch the playoff hockey which is very exciting.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

Yeah I'm not super excited either.

Last season was the first season in forever when I didn't get over the Caps elimination immediately and watch the rest of the playoffs.

I didn't watch a single game of the Final.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Yeah I'm not super excited either.

Last season was the first season in forever when I didn't get over the Caps elimination immediately and watch the rest of the playoffs.

I didn't watch a single game of the Final.

I never watch hockey after the Caps. I might not watch the playoffs this year since it sounds like they are doomed already.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
I never watch hockey after the Caps. I might not watch the playoffs this year since it sounds like they are doomed already.
it's opposite for me. First time I don't have any expectations. Before I always hoped for something and was very stressed out like i put all money on them to win all they way. This time I'm relaxed and just eager to see how they prepare and play each opponent. I'm excited to watch other playoffs as well and see with what plans the coaches come up to win the series. It's the playoffs and playoffs hockey which is totally different animals, there are always some stories go around. I don't know, but I'm super excited actually.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
it's opposite for me. First time I don't have any expectations. Before I always hoped for something and was very stressed out like i put all money on them to win all they way. This time I'm relaxed and just eager to see how they prepare and play each opponent. I'm excited to watch other playoffs as well and see with what plans the coaches come up to win the series. It's the playoffs and playoffs hockey which is totally different animals, there are always some stories go around. I don't know, but I'm super excited actually.

I am excited to see if Ov can pull off the 50 or at least get the Richard again. After that, I withhold my emotions. The ROI on Caps playoffs has been very bad. I will keep an eye on it to see if they can shake their usual, but fully expect that they wont. I'd like to see something different

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
caps have officially clinched so we can talk about first round matchups
I thought about starting this one. Went w/Devils.

Right now chances are best we face Philly or Cbus. Of those two I'd prefer Philly. 1) We owe them for 2008; 2) while "Bob" is usually worn out and has had subpar playoffs, he's better then what Philly can put in goal. A tender like "Bob" can steal any one series.
The other 3 are in play. Doubt Pitt wants to drop to Metro 4th (WC1) to face Caps in round 1 based on their success against us. Florida will have to finish very strong to reach WC1.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Any team that struggles to put up shots on goal and is defensively bad.

Oh wait...

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
I just received our playoff tickets. Literally through a 4th home game for the SC finals. This has never happened before that I can recall. WTF? Epic jinx on the part of the franchise. We're doomed. ;)

It's been that way for awhile. Maybe they held back in 2007-08, but when they've been in, they print and mail tix to the max possible home matches (i.e., up to 4 per round). Saves Ted a bunch of $$. I imagine most franchises do it this way but don't know for certain.

Reactions: calicapsfan

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yep they’ve sent full playoff tickets before. I had the Finals tickets in my hands in years past....of course they never ended up being worth the paper they were printed on.../cry.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
It's been that way for awhile. Maybe they held back in 2007-08, but when they've been in, they print and mail tix to the max possible home matches (i.e., up to 4 per round). Saves Ted a bunch of $$. I imagine most franchises do it this way but don't know for certain.

Yep they’ve sent full playoff tickets before. I had the Finals tickets in my hands in years past....of course they never ended up being worth the paper they were printed on.../cry.

So odd. I don't recall it at all. But they sent these even before they clinched. FedEx held them tho until after and then they were delivered.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Anyone but the Pens in the first round. Hoping we can get by the first round and someone else knocks out the Pens in the first round. I think that's our best chance if getting past the 2nd round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad