Speculation: Who DO you want the caps to play in round 1?

Who DO you want the caps to play in round 1?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
Flyers. Questionable tending and we still owe them from 2008 ('16 doesn't count since they won 2 of those games).

I would've voted for the Isles or the Rags if they were on the ballot.

Edit: Of the more likely opponents, I would not want the Cats. They're on a roll, and too much of an unknown.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I'd rather play a Flordia or someone. I generally don't wanna play a struggling team and then limp our way to a potential victory. I wanna go down, or win, against someone playing at their best and rolling.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I would prefer NJD, but Flyers have their destiny in their own hands for that wc1 spot.

BOS, NYI, CAR and NYR (flyers)
NYI, MTL, NYR, TOR and WSH (devils)

Caps could be that team who can choose their opponent on the last day.

Normally PHI lose to BOS and NJD wins against NYI => Flyers have 1 more point but 1 more game
then Flyers and Devils take 6 points each against non playoff teams and unmotivated Toronto.

So then if the Caps lose to NJD, devils will jump the flyers for the wc1 spot. And will face the Caps in round 1.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Let Pens and Flyers go at each other in a hopefully long series so if we make it to the seconds, Pens would be atleast a bit worn.

Jackets, Devils and Panthers are all on the same line for me.

We can beat anyone. We can also lose to anyone. Just dont lose to Pens in a second round, pleaaaaase.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
so...if CBJ takes out the Pens the Caps lose too?

CBus on their very best days ever will not beat the Pens in the playoffs.

Pens are in Bobs head, just as they are in the Caps heads.

As the guy in a movie once said:

"You know why the Yankees always win, Frank?
'Cause they have Mickey Mantle?
No, it's 'cause the other teams can't stop staring at those damn pinstripes."

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
CBus on their very best days ever will not beat the Pens in the playoffs.

Pens are in Bobs head, just as they are in the Caps heads.

As the guy in a movie once said:

"You know why the Yankees always win, Frank?
'Cause they have Mickey Mantle?
No, it's 'cause the other teams can't stop staring at those damn pinstripes."

So...this thing above doesn't apply to the Caps as well? Pens need only make the playoffs to make the ECF because the teams they will play have already lost to them

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
So...this thing above doesn't apply to the Caps as well? Pens need only make the playoffs to make the ECF because the teams they will play have already lost to them

Think what you want but the Pens will cut through anyone in the east that isn't the Bruins (and they win that series in seven).

The Pens haven't been as good this season but they still have three scorers in the top ten and a rested goalie. Malkin/Crosby are better than anything another team can throw out there up the middle, teams only have one top defender pair, and even a team like Nashville with two top pairs got destroyed by the Pens. And you better not put them on the PP or the game is over.

The Pens are gonna finish top three in the Metro without even trying this season. :(

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Which team is least likely to thug it up and injure our stars? Choose them. Kadri's hit on Ovechkin during the 1st round last year may have sealed our fate.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Think what you want but the Pens will cut through anyone in the east that isn't the Bruins (and they win that series in seven).

The Pens haven't been as good this season but they still have three scorers in the top ten and a rested goalie. Malkin/Crosby are better than anything another team can throw out there up the middle, teams only have one top defender pair, and even a team like Nashville with two top pairs got destroyed by the Pens. And you better not put them on the PP or the game is over.

The Pens are gonna finish top three in the Metro without even trying this season. :(

Well....I guess its ok. My life gets pretty busy this time of year and knowing ahead of time the Caps are doomed because they must play the Penguins and cant beat them if they do, makes it easier to plan. So....whats next?

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Well....I guess its ok. My life gets pretty busy this time of year and knowing ahead of time the Caps are doomed because they must play the Penguins and cant beat them if they do, makes it easier to plan. So....whats next?

The rematch Final between the Pens/Preds?

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Which team is least likely to thug it up and injure our stars? Choose them. Kadri's hit on Ovechkin during the 1st round last year may have sealed our fate.

Under this criteria I’d say:

1. New Jersey (don’t seem physical at all)
2. Pittsburgh (not physical but watch your fingers)
3. Florida (they have the most fighting majors IIRC)
4. Columbus (tend to goon it up)
5. Philadelphia (not as bad as in the past but they still have Gudas)

Reactions: g00n
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad