Value of: Who do you want from the Flyers for your playoff run?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Can you give me the spark notes version? I'm honestly not going to plough through his post history...
Just trust my value...since...as I said...as a 1 year player last year he fetched a 2nd and a 3rd.

Anyone trading for him now gets 2 playoff runs...so 2 2nds is fair...considering you could have him for 1 run, then recoup a 2nd+3rd if you didn't want him he 2nd year.

Vet Dmen that play defense(meaning not offensive) are always going to have value to playoff teams.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Just trust my value...since...as I said...as a 1 year player last year he fetched a 2nd and a 3rd.

Anyone trading for him now gets 2 playoff runs...so 2 2nds is fair...considering you could have him for 1 run, then recoup a 2nd+3rd if you didn't want him he 2nd year.

Vet Dmen that play defense(meaning not offensive) are always going to have value to playoff teams.
He's a year older though, and at 34 I'm not sure the extra year is really that much of an advantage. He could also be lost to Seattle, so you're paying for 2 playoff runs but only getting one.

Reactions: banks

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He's a year older though, and at 34 I'm not sure the extra year is really that much of an advantage. He could also be lost to Seattle, so you're paying for 2 playoff runs but only getting one.
all good...Flyers have no reason to trade him since he has been playing in the top 4 most of the year. They only have 1 other RH dman in Myers so we are cool keeping him and exposing him since he likely won't be taken given we could be exposing JVR, Ghost

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
all good...Flyers have no reason to trade him since he has been playing in the top 4 most of the year. They only have 1 other RH dman in Myers so we are cool keeping him and exposing him since he likely won't be taken given we could be exposing JVR, Ghost
Seattle won't take JVR or Ghost. Those aren't good contracts.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Seattle won't take JVR or Ghost. Those aren't good contracts.
ok...then they take Braun or Aube Kubel...our 4th/5th Dman or a 4th liner and we keep JVR who is a PPG this year

Let em ask...what do you expect Braun to be worth since you are asking for him

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
ok...then they take Braun or Aube Kubel...our 4th/5th Dman or a 4th liner and we keep JVR who is a PPG this year

Let em ask...what do you expect Braun to be worth since you are asking for him
I would guess a 3rd or 4th. Probably moreso a 3rd based on his recent play, but earlier in the season I recall some Flyers fans wanting to get rid of him for close to nothing.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I would guess a 3rd or 4th. Probably moreso a 3rd based on his recent play, but earlier in the season I recall some Flyers fans wanting to get rid of him for close to nothing.
yeah...that's an easy no.

Eric Gustaffson got a 3rd at the deadline
Derek Forbort got a 4th
Scandella got a 2nd + cond 4th
Dillion got a 2nd+3rd
DeMelo got a 3rd

Just because a few, maybe loud, Flyers fans don't like someone, doesn't mean the Flyers Mgt doesn't.

Seriously...it would likely be a 2nd+2nd/3rd

JayB

May 30, 2012
Laughton <-> 1st
Braun <-> 2nd
Voracek(+?) <-> JG+Bennet
Hägg <->4th
Gustaffson <-> 3rd
Ghost <-> 2nd

Rebuild baby!

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I think we can get something decent for JVR at the deadline. Wait..... His contact is god awful nevermind. No one is taking that other than the Kraken

$7m for 2 more years for a guy who's pacing 30 goals? It's not ideal but untouchable? Don't be ridiculous.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
They absolutely would take JVR. He only has 3 years left and is a big name and having a good year point wise.
No they won't. Logic and common sense dictates this. They are better bugger names who will be available should they decide they want a face of the franchise

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Laughton <-> 1st
Braun <-> 2nd
Voracek(+?) <-> JG+Bennet
Hägg <->4th
Gustaffson <-> 3rd
Ghost <-> 2nd

Rebuild baby!

You still think Voracek and his horrible contract got some decent value... fun... Voracek wouldn't return a younger player who's been outproducing him for the past 2-3years

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
You still think Voracek and his horrible contract got some decent value... fun... Voracek wouldn't return a younger player who's been outproducing him for the past 2-3years

Dude. Jake Voracek makes 8.25 million. That's an awful contract. My god, the Flyers are idiots for signing him to it. No other team in their right mind would ever give up anything of value for a 70 point winger.

Never change, hfboards.

Reactions: BernieParent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad