Who do you take at 7th (now 8th) overall?

Who do you take at 7th overall?

• Total voters

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
If the Blackhawks draft Tkachuk, I'd be all in for a complete overhaul of the management team and scouting staff.

Reactions: migi and TLEH

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Thinking Hawks see him as a guy that can step in next year and give them meaningful top 6 minutes and minumum top 9.

Lines I would roll with.

Saad-Toews-DeBrincat
Tkachuk-Schmaltz-Kane
Hinostroza-Anisimov-Sikura
Edjsell-Kampf-Hayden

Thats a damn good lineup. Then take the 10m+ in cap and fix the D and backup goaltending situation and we have a playoff team again.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Thinking Hawks see him as a guy that can step in next year and give them meaningful top 6 minutes and minumum top 9.

Lines I would roll with.

Saad-Toews-DeBrincat
Tkachuk-Schmaltz-Kane
Hinostroza-Anisimov-Sikura
Edjsell-Kampf-Hayden

Thats a damn good lineup. Then take the 10m+ in cap and fix the D and backup goaltending situation and we have a playoff team again.

Tkachuk does help balance the lines out quite nicely but I'd rather go- Hughes, Wahlstrom, or Kotkaniemi.

Reactions: bwana63

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Tkachuk is a home run ..... Can they make another run .... depends where their head is at ....ask them(rhetorical) .....different tense.... Ask them them being Toews Kieth Seabrook Ask them(in earnest) to the reply excited about the season the old rehearsed 1 game at a time we got to have grit etc etc .....
Still this years lesson of Tampa .....They went into camp early ..Played top of the NHL ran into a brick wall of a team (ran out of gas or ?)....As opposed to this years Hawks lesson .....Toews sending postcards and Showing his backyard rig .... the one where i know who he got the idea from ....
the contrast of want ........

yea no they get a 40 pointer or 2 ...they get a rugged winger that can play ..... lol even Burns as undressed as he got for a Pizza line with Seabrook .....
The reasoning behind the thought ...trade the pick if the price is right ...is as valid get the potential star ....moving up for the d man not out of the question
the pick will not produce in the operational contract life of other players ...not fair ...not best business ...sometimes a necessary consideration
all this talking and belly aching do not mean spit if they do not want to resurrect careers or even consider it not close to that

:huh:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
With Montreal leaning Kotkaniemi or D, the board is likely to leave Ottawa with Zadina. If Hawks really covet Tkachuk like Zawaski says, then there is a deal to be had with Phoenix who can move back and get Wahlstrom or Bouchard/Dobson.

I think something like 8th+27+Hossa contract for 5th+55th could make some sense for both teams. Again, Hawks want help next year and freeing up that LTIR money to address the D in free agency (John Carlsson) is probably appealing to the front office. This is 100% a playoff team if Crawford stays healthy.

Saad-Toews-DeBrincat
Tkachuk-Schmaltz-Kane
Hinostroza-Anisimov-Hayden
Edjsell-Kampf-Hayden
Highmore

Keith-Carlsson
Forsling-Rutta
Oesterle-Seabrook
Hillman

Crawford
Darling (50% retained)

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
If the Blackhawks draft Tkachuk, I'd be all in for a complete overhaul of the management team and scouting staff.
i really would not like drafting Tkachuk, i gave a cryptic answer before, i guess it didn't fully answer some. i just didn't want to write up a long winded dissertation on my reasoning. so i will take the easy way out.

the projected up vs the better offensive players in the draft, if they are not there, then the upside will be a fav's projected d-men. while some may say this is a flawed reasoning, all i would say, it is my reasoning.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
How have people soured this much on Tkachuk when a few months ago he received 50% of the vote to select with 7th overall.

ProphetofthePuck

Dec 2, 2017
no yea i didn't look at any of these kids ...pretty sure the black book lays it all out ...why i say TkaChuk ...1 last name is somewhat close to my own .... 2 the father was good the brother or cousin over preforming .....no yea this kid is not going to let down his friends and family without giving it the best shot he can, if he fails he tried hard ...good enough for me

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
no yea i didn't look at any of these kids ...pretty sure the black book lays it all out ...why i say TkaChuk ...1 last name is somewhat close to my own .... 2 the father was good the brother or cousin over preforming .....no yea this kid is not going to let down his friends and family without giving it the best shot he can, if he fails he tried hard ...good enough for me

Excellent choice.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
ummmm, if we draft Tkachuk at 8, celebrate as we landed one of the biggest steals in the draft
JD eschews any player physicality, erroneously equating that with lack of puck possession.

While I have no real idea how he’s going to pan out, if he’s better than his brother in the NHL as projected, then certainly he will be a beast, and we’d be lucky to have him on the Hawks. This team sorely needs someone like him.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
JD eschews any player physicality, erroneously equating that with lack of puck possession.

While I have no real idea how he’s going to pan out, if he’s better than his brother in the NHL as projected, then certainly he will be a beast, and we’d be lucky to have him on the Hawks. This team sorely needs someone like him.

It doesn't have much to do with his physicality, it's mostly that he doesn't produce enough to warrant being selected that high. Hughes scored 1 fewer points in 4 fewer games in the same league last year as a Dman.

Tkachuk will end up a nice middle sixer. Which is not what you want with an #8 overall pick.

ummmm, if we draft Tkachuk at 8, celebrate as we landed one of the biggest steals in the draft

I don't think it will be much of a steal, I actually expect him to fall down the board come draft day. I'm hoping that Bergevin is dumb enough to select him early and save the Blackhawks from themselves though, much in the way the Ducks saved the Leafs from themselves by selecting Richie before they could and leaving them with Nylander.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
It doesn't have much to do with his physicality, it's mostly that he doesn't produce enough to warrant being selected that high. Hughes scored 1 fewer points in 4 fewer games in the same league last year as a Dman.

Might want to check usage on each player before making that comparison. Hughes was featured for the UofM (not to mention the B10 is not as good as HE imo) while BT was asked to carry the 2nd line.

I would love Hughes on the Hawks but you are far downplaying Tkachuk's talent. Both have fits on the Hawks right away. BT would be great on a line with 8 and 88 which would allow 12 to play with 19 and 20. Hughes slots into the top 6 right away.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Might want to check usage on each player before making that comparison. Hughes was featured for the UofM (not to mention the B10 is not as good as HE imo) while BT was asked to carry the 2nd line.

I would love Hughes on the Hawks but you are far downplaying Tkachuk's talent. Both have fits on the Hawks right away. BT would be great on a line with 8 and 88 which would allow 12 to play with 19 and 20. Hughes slots into the top 6 right away.

We'll see. If they pick him, I obviously hope the pick is a home run. I just don't see him as much more than a 2nd-3rd line tweener, and you can find those in the late 1st and 2nd round.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
We'll see. If they pick him, I obviously hope the pick is a home run. I just don't see him as much more than a 2nd-3rd line tweener, and you can find those in the late 1st and 2nd round.
Almost every scout sees him as a 1st line player, or at worse, a 2nd line player.

How many times have you watched him play?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad