Who do you take at 7th (now 8th) overall?

Who do you take at 7th overall?

• Total voters

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Is Tkachuk a C? Haven't seen that.

He's listed as LW/C, but could definitely see Q playing him at winger to begin, in which case they can still keep Anisimov for a year and potentially roll with this at forward.

Saad-Toews-DeBrincat
Tkachuk-Schmaltz-Kane
Hinostroza-Anisimov-Sikura
Hayden-Kampf-Duclair
Edjsell

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Mock done by.... posters?

There is your first mistake. :laugh:

I guess I'm giving too much credit to the posters that would take the time to participate in such a thing and assuming they have a reasonable idea of what direction their team might go. I don't think HFs mock is any more or less accurate that some random mock draft out there but we discuss those so...I'd actually argue they might be more accurate as they draw more of a consensus from a greater amount of people that know their team needs pretty well than a mock draft with one person's opinion.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
He's listed as LW/C, but could definitely see Q playing him at winger to begin, in which case they can still keep Anisimov for a year and potentially roll with this at forward.

Saad-Toews-DeBrincat
Tkachuk-Schmaltz-Kane
Hinostroza-Anisimov-Sikura
Hayden-Kampf-Duclair
Edjsell

winner winner chicken dinner .... I would prefer AA traded before camp

need to fix the D ....... start with Dahlin ; )

Crow

May 19, 2014
Everything I’ve read says tkachuk is top 5. I don’t like him that much as a prospect from what I read that much though, or understand why he is a top 5 pick. I read he struggled mightily making the jump to college. Then he had a great tournament. One great tournament and he is a top 5 pick?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Hawks should take a D at 7, if that's where they end up picking. Best D available(if they're not reaching, obviously) Same if they win a lotto pick to move up and pick higher. I think this team needs a top pairing D far more than they need a top 6 forward. If any of the top 3-4 D are available, I think they need to take him.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
........from what I have seen ... Kravtsov is picked in the 25-31 range
Yeah those people are wrong. The simplest way I can put it is that he's this year's Tolvanen. He should go way higher than people have him. He's an elite player doing special things in the KHL. Without a doubt, he's a top 10 talent.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yeah those people are wrong. The simplest way I can put it is that he's this year's Tolvanen. He should go way higher than people have him. He's an elite player doing special things in the KHL. Without a doubt, he's a top 10 talent.

:huh:

He played in 35 games in the KHL this past season... with 7 points. He was roughly a PPG player on the Russian U16, U17, and U18 teams... but a guy who only puts up 7 points in 35 KHL games is a top 10 NHL draft pick, eh? Haven't watched a single video of him, but that seems like a massive reach. Everything I've looked at just now has him ranked 25-35, and a possible candidate for the Hawk's Nashville pick, if that's the case. But not for 7OA or lower.

Reactions: Enyaw

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

He played in 35 games in the KHL this past season... with 7 points. He was roughly a PPG player on the Russian U16, U17, and U18 teams... but a guy who only puts up 7 points in 35 KHL games is a top 10 NHL draft pick, eh? Haven't watched a single video of him, but that seems like a massive reach. Everything I've looked at just now has him ranked 25-35, and a possible candidate for the Hawk's Nashville pick, if that's the case. But not for 7OA or lower.
Absolutely destroyed in the playoffs...in the KHL...at 18 years old. And his dekes are impressive and he's a great shooter. Not a chance does he fall to the Nashville pick. And if he falls past 15, every GM in the league is regretting that one.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Absolutely destroyed in the playoffs...in the KHL...at 18 years old. And his dekes are impressive and he's a great shooter. Not a chance does he fall to the Nashville pick. And if he falls past 15, every GM in the league is regretting that one.

He had 11 points in 16 games? Solid playoff performance. That's fine. Still doesn't explain the 7 points in 35 games during the regular season. I'm sorry, but at 7OA or lower, I'm taking a more "sure thing" than that. Because the top 10 projected are basically all a "sure thing". Or as close to one as you can get.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
He had 11 points in 16 games? Solid playoff performance. That's fine. Still doesn't explain the 7 points in 35 games during the regular season. I'm sorry, but at 7OA or lower, I'm taking a more "sure thing" than that. Because the top 10 projected are basically all a "sure thing". Or as close to one as you can get.
That's due to ice time that he wasn't scoring as much in the regular season. He also had 7 points in 9 VHL games (their AHL equivalent), 3 points in 1 MHL game (their juniors) and 4 in 2 MHL play off games. His experience is way greater than the kids playing in Canadian juniors that are projected to go top 10.

Reactions: clydesdale line

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
That's due to ice time that he wasn't scoring as much in the regular season. He also had 7 points in 9 VHL games (their AHL equivalent), 3 points in 1 MHL game (their juniors) and 4 in 2 MHL play off games. His experience is way greater than the kids playing in Canadian juniors that are projected to go top 10.

I mean... if you think he's worth a top 10 pick, then that's up to you. I just don't see it from everything I've looked at. I mean, he's projected as barely a 1st rounder, and you want the Hawks to take him with a top 10 pick...

As far as experience being greater... minimal ice time on Traktor(even at 18) and 7 points in 35 games does not ooze confidence to make him a top 10 pick.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Tkachuk has a lower ceiling than some of the guys taken in the top fifteen but his floor is a solid bottom six guy and he's nhl ready.

I'd be thrilled with him at 7. Worst case scenario he's a 15/15 guy with size and snarl. If he pans out he's his dad.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Tkachuk has a lower ceiling than some of the guys taken in the top fifteen but his floor is a solid bottom six guy and he's nhl ready.

I'd be thrilled with him at 7. Worst case scenario he's a 15/15 guy with size and snarl. If he pans out he's his dad.

Would love it if the Hawks drafted him and he became his Dad.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Kravtsov is the wild card story
..You can explain the regular season lower KHL totals due to his use and limited ice time as a 17 yr old amongst men..but as he aged and got several months older and more confident they finally started giving him more minutes in the playoffs and he produced. His ceiling may this be very starry ...So yes...8f we get bumped back to 8 or 9 he should be in consideration..At #7 If Bouchard or Wahlston are still not taken we should decide between them or take the 1 remaining..if both there then we get a choice of Dman or forward...At #8 if one of these still there grab him...If both off the board and we draft 8th or 9th then our decision should be either the dam Noah Dobson or 2 forwards...the Centre Kotkaniemi or the swing for the fences Kravtsov..

YOU CANNOT bypass Bouchard or Wahlston if you get a Crack at one if them but if both off the board cause we get bumped back to 8 or 9 in an unlucky lotto or 2 lotto move ups from behind us then we have to look at the 3 I have suggested. .I would not take Quinn Hughes because we cannot go with too many smallish pmd types even though he is a Left shot and most of the den in the top ten are all right shots.Of course if we get lucky and move up to a top 3 via lotto win then we would take Dahlia at #1 and either Svechnikov or Xadiba at #2 and the remainder of those 2 at #3 if that is our final landing spot.

Dahlin ,Boqvist ,and Bouchard are all Rt. shot RD which we already loaded up on last draft and we also have Chad Krys. ...but Dahlin is the clear BPA of this draft and you cannot pass on that I'd we get #1 .. BOQVIST could be considered for #2 or #3 but his smallish size and RT shot RD are too much of the same thing ..So I think we got go with Svechnikov or Xadiba in those spits.At #7 ..we could grab Bouchard if there because he is not a smallish PMD type but rather the all round good size and big shot from the pint type dean we do not have in abundance . SO if we take a dman 7 or after he needs to gave some size to move guys off pucks and he needs to contribute Goals as well as make good tape to tape passes..Bouchard fills that role type. At forward I like Wahlston at #7 . SO if both he and Bouchard still on the board it will be a tough call for us.At #8 or #9 we probably no longer get a Crack at Bouchard or Wahlston so a choice of another big dman Dobson (who again is a RT. Shot RD) or the need for a true Centre Kotkaniemi,may prevail
..or they could gamble for the fences with Kravtsov and his upside ceiling g after such am impressive playoffs I tell KHL.

Now the upcoming u-18 World Championships could showcase Kotkaniemi and Kravtsov and if one nor both star there then that could easily propel the decisions if we draft 9th or 9th due to bad luck getting bumped back via the lotto results.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

He played in 35 games in the KHL this past season... with 7 points. He was roughly a PPG player on the Russian U16, U17, and U18 teams... but a guy who only puts up 7 points in 35 KHL games is a top 10 NHL draft pick, eh? Haven't watched a single video of him, but that seems like a massive reach.

I can't believe your looking at KHL stats from an 18 year old to form an opinion when that league notoriously neuters their young players in ice time. (Not comparing them as players, but hell Malkin had 12 points in 34 games in his draft year for example)

With that said, I completely agree with you, he isn't a top 10 pick, but I can see him being a guy you look back on and saying how he fell that far down in the draft wherever he goes (similar to Tarasenko). Or, he could flame out and/or stay in the KHL. Definite wild card those Russians.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
Tkachuk makes me nervous that high. He seems to be a popular pick in the overrated thread. Also when people describe a player and only use words like size and grit it doesn't inspire confidence.

Also him being nhl ready doesn't mean much to me. We don't need another bottom 6 guy next year, we have plenty to choose from. I'd rather take a guy with a higher ceiling that might take a couple of years to make the jump.

Tkachuk does sound like a safe pick though, like almost no chance he isn't an nhler in some capacity.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I can't believe your looking at KHL stats from an 18 year old to form an opinion when that league notoriously neuters their young players in ice time. (Not comparing them as players, but hell Malkin had 12 points in 34 games in his draft year for example)

With that said, I completely agree with you, he isn't a top 10 pick, but I can see him being a guy you look back on and saying how he fell that far down in the draft wherever he goes (similar to Tarasenko). Or, he could flame out and/or stay in the KHL. Definite wild card those Russians.

:thumbu:

I haven't watched any video on the guy or even heard his name mentioned as a potential top 10, so yeah, that's why I used KHL stats from him as an 18 year old as opposed to trying to go find a bunch of video to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad