Who do you take 5th at the NHL Draft?

Who do you take 5th at the NHL Draft?

• Total voters

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
The top 5 as of now will likely be Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina, Tkachuk and Boqvist so depending on who goes where at #4, Boqvist could still be there at #5 though it's looking more like the Oilers pick will be around #7 or #8.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Why is Tkachuk on the board? He's going 3rd overall unless the team with 3rd overall is really drunk.
There's no way we end up with 5th overall. We could win 1st-3rd at the lottery. Not 4th, 5th or 6th.
If we end up with 3rd overall we're taking Tkachuk.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Why is Tkachuk on the board? He's going 3rd overall unless the team with 3rd overall is really drunk.
There's no way we end up with 5th overall. We could win 1st-3rd at the lottery. Not 4th, 5th or 6th.

What? I think the team that takes Tkachuk at third would be drunk...not the other way around. Dahlin, Svechnikov and Zadina have solidified the top 3 spots at this point, IMO. Picks 4 to 10 are a toss up based on the above mentioned names + Boqvist.

But according to the players available, I would take Wahlstrom or Bouchard. Either or is fine with me but my preference is Wahlstrom. Like others have said, he reminds me a bit of Boeser and a right hand shooter to boot...sign me up. Mcdavid, Drai and Nuge in the top 6. Puju, Yama, Wahlstrom and Benson coming up the pipelines, sounds pretty damn good to me.

Edit: the more I think about it, the more I actually lean towards Bouchard with that pick. He just fits this team so well and his ability to make breakout passes is something no one on this team has. Oilers will get a good player either way as long as they don’t royally f*** things up.

Last edited:

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
He's on the board because he's not that good. He'd be ok later in the first round, maybe around 9 or 10. Not third.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad