Who do you take 5th at the NHL Draft?

Who do you take 5th at the NHL Draft?

• Total voters

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Wahlstrom for me. He's putting up much better numbers at 17 than Tkachuk did. He reminds me of Brock Boeser, but a much better skater. He probably has the best shot of anyone in the draft, probably since Patrick Laine. He would look great on McDavid's wing.

Bouchard would be my next choice. Tkachuk is overrated.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I would trade the pick if Boqvist is gone.

To PHI for Simmonds?

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Size is our last priority right now, with players like Lucic in our top 6. We need speed and players that can actually shoot.
So finding players who have size and skill is our last priority? There has to be balance in any lineup and the Oilers have been guilty of making too many knee jerk decisions based on this as well. Funny how we find ourselves lacking speed and skill right after trading it away for one specific need, to get heavy and big. Brady Tkachuk isn't by any means Milan Lucic but he can hold his own in the physicality department and has skill. We just drafted a very small skilled forward perhaps we shouldn't typecast our entire future draft stock based on current needs. Yin and Yang, a little balance to end this perpetual rebuild.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I picked Ty Smith, i think he has higher ceiling than other avaipable dmen imo
Plus he is only 17 years old, over ppg,and plus minus through the roof

Summary

Oct 13, 2009
Definitely either Wahlstrom or Boqvist. Both players fit the needs on our team.

If Boqvist goes at 4th, as happened in this scenario, then no, you're not taking either Wahlstrom or Bovqvist at 5th, just Walstrom.

Hopefully though this tie gets broken someday, don't even care if it's Tkachuk that goes at 5 because hopefully a GM falls for it too and Tkachuk is gone by the time the Oilers pick so they're not even tempted to waste a good pick on that mistake.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
If Boqvist goes at 4th, as happened in this scenario, then no, you're not taking either Wahlstrom or Bovqvist at 5th, just Walstrom.

Hopefully though this tie gets broken someday, don't even care if it's Tkachuk that goes at 5 because hopefully a GM falls for it too and Tkachuk is gone by the time the Oilers pick so they're not even tempted to waste a good pick on that mistake.
Some Flames fans want Tkachuk v2.

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
Look at the date this thread was started. Things were different back then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad