Prospect Info: Who deserves the next call up?

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Depends who gets injured:

- a top 2 centre: Da Costa
- a bottom 2 center: Pageau ou JOB
- a winger: Stone or Petersson
- a defenseman: Claesson

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
If we are playing smallish Eastern teams it'd be nice to have Pageau. If we're playing bigger tougher Eastern teams and basically any team from the West we need someone like Boro or maybe Buddy Robinson.

Althought Da Cost is tearing up the AHL, his game just doesn't seem to translate well to the NHL. We see flashes of brilliance but he doesn't seem to be fast enough to make enough space for himself to allow his offensive skills to show through.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Petersson, I would like to see him play with Zibanejad. he is older and has good stats. I think it is time for him to show what he can do because Hoffman is not an NHL player.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Petersson, I would like to see him play with Zibanejad. he is older and has good stats. I think it is time for him to show what he can do because Hoffman is not an NHL player.

he's played 5 nhl games want to give him a sample size that grant has or something.

as i recall he has always looked good, he hit two posts last season as well for what its worth.
Give him some time to mesh with his line mate, he even had a nice break away last game, personally i don't think hoffman will see AHL ice ever again. man that bolded area stirred me up, he has been given 5 GAMES, and hes not an NHl player god, don't be so quick to judge.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
he's played 5 nhl games want to give him a sample size that grant has or something.

as i recall he has always looked good, he hit two posts last season as well for what its worth.
Give him some time to mesh with his line mate, he even had a nice break away last game, personally i don't think hoffman will see AHL ice ever again. man that bolded area stirred me up, he has been given 5 GAMES, and hes not an NHl player god, don't be so quick to judge.

Well he certainly makes bad first impressions. And second. Look, you see Pageau when he came up, and there are signs that he has something that will translate in the NHL. Derek Grant showed me something in his role that made him serviceable. When Gryba came up, when Wiercoch came up, they all showed me something that made me think I am looking at a future NHL player. It takes only one impression, in my opinion, to show you got something.

Hoffman comes up against one of the easiest teams in the league and shows absolutely nothing. Nothing. He came to training camp and did nothing.

I just don't see anything that he does that translates in the NHL.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Well he certainly makes bad first impressions. And second. Look, you see Pageau when he came up, and there are signs that he has something that will translate in the NHL. Derek Grant showed me something in his role that made him serviceable. When Gryba came up, when Wiercoch came up, they all showed me something that made me think I am looking at a future NHL player. It takes only one impression, in my opinion, to show you got something.

Hoffman comes up against one of the easiest teams in the league and shows absolutely nothing. Nothing. He came to training camp and did nothing.

I just don't see anything that he does that translates in the NHL.

IMO he showed more than Conacher's shown since he got here.
I thought Hoffman looked OK last night. Great speed, played well defensively made a few plays.

IMO 1 or 2 game here and there, different linemates etc doesnt give you any real sense of a player unless he's a star or horrible.
Give him 10-15 games with the same linemates, let him know he's going out there for his regular shift and that he wont be beaten or stapled to the bench for the occasional lapse. Then we'll see.

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
I want to see Claesson get a cup of coffee. From the open skates I've seen him in, and the televised preseason games, and factoring in his strong statistical line, I think he could be a dependable, stabilizing big leaguer beginning next year. A small sample of the show this year would be good for the kid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad